Shooting at Circle

kerser

Does it pay a good salary? - Yes

Is there a chance for progression? - Yes

Are there multiple entry points for people without degrees? - Yes

Is there a fast-track scheme for people with degrees? - Yes

Is there likely to be enjoyable/satisfying work? - Yes

Do you get a healthy pension package? - Yes

This sounds like a good career to me. Using race/ethnicity as an excuse indicates why blacks/some other minorities stay at or near the bottom of the social ladder. 

Racism exists in society, there's no doubt about it. But I ain't finna let people and their prejudice get in the way of me being successful. Talk to anyone who's made some level of success for themselves and they'll tell you there were many obstacles in their way, but they just overcame them as best they could. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

on paper it is....

personally know 2 people who viewed it like that until they joined.....

neither lasted 2 years

didnt want to use that line but i can list so many examples of situations that are so fucked or things that have been said or suggested that its not even a case of having thick skin and doing you... talking about police here civil servants,  

as i said on paper it looks great but the reality is it does not compare one bit to teaching or working in the nhs at all

dont know any other career when you are competing with 3200 people for a promotion ffs

the first pay bump is a decent one if its your first serious job after that you are fucked why so many leave the public sector and go into security or stay and change profession.

cps now that is a decent career  

CPS is for solicitors and barristers who can't get lucrative training contracts or pupillage/tenancy. No-one would voluntarily enter the CPS unless they had low expectations for themselves or saw it as better than nothing.

I find it funny how you would diss the police (the government's enforcers) and then advocate the CPS (the government's lawyers).

I mean if that's the route you wish to go down.

Was not dissing the police just the job is for certain people and for what was said about it being a good career, it is far from that especially compared to the other professions.

The glass ceiling is very low and for the hard work you have to do as well as the flack you catch the money is basically fuck all.

I mean if that's the route you wish to go down.

Was not dissing the police just the job is for certain people and for what was said about it being a good career, it is far from that especially compared to the other professions.

The glass ceiling is very low and for the hard work you have to do as well as the flack you catch the money is basically f*ck all.

1) If you wish to go down the legal career route, then the CPS is one of the worst paid choices I am aware of.

2) It is a good career if you want one in law enforcement. Being a police officer cannot really be compared to other professions.

3) Not sure the glass ceiling is low. You can pretty much go as far as your talent lets you, providing you know how to play the cards you're dealt. As in any profession however, there are those who have the drive to succeed and do all they can to get there, and those who don't. 

Not really, he's can still be a "mate" but he ain't a mate no more.

Remember going to one of my boys stag do, and one of his uni boys was joining the police, they started grilling him about it and he was like "I know being a policeman has a stigma but its like any job, they all brain wash you... blah blah blah

Nearly a year later my boy got arrested, he see his boy at the station and he acted like they never met each other a day in their lives before.

yh think key words there is 'uni boy'

I'm sure there are a lot of benefits having a real mate in the met...obviously pc plod will be limited but you got a mate that is high ranking he could probably sort out you and your fam getting fucked over etc

mate in cid could be very handy indeed.

End of the day there are good and bad cops, doctors, lawyers, teachers, business men, politicians, whites, blacks, asians, pensioners, teenagers, right wingers, lefties etc. It's understandable to be more cautious of certain group if you've had negative experiences, but to hate a whole group/call them scum etc is just thick skulled ignorance.

Guest TRAGEDY

End of the day there are good and bad cops, doctors, lawyers, teachers, business men, politicians, whites, blacks, asians, pensioners, teenagers, right wingers, lefties etc. It's understandable to be more cautious of certain group if you've had negative experiences, but to hate a whole group/call them scum etc is just thick skulled ignorance.

Realness