Week 21 - 13/14 Premier League

Admin.

Don't really see whats funny tbh, talent wise he is up there with the best. 

The best being:

Suarez, Ibra, Cavani, Falcoa, Aguero, RVP, Costa, Tevez, and probably couple I have forgot

You HONESTLY think Sturridge name should be in this post?

That just says it all, Tevez has been just about decent this season and you name him.

Costa has been excellent, but has only had 2 good seasons in top flight football, not much more than Sturridge, and technically he is less capable but apparently Sturridge can't reach those levels.

I said he can be amongst that group, not that he is yet, don't see how its outlandish, when currently he is matching all those players apart from Suarez Ibra and Costas output. He has nearly a goal every game, and when it comes to pure technical ability he is better than a lot of those players you named, but of course you man won't see it because every young black player gets tarred with the SWP/Lennon brush.

On pure ability i would take him above a lot of those players, he does things that some of these players can't do.

You said talent wise he is up there with the best

Now you are backtracking and saying ''he can amongst that group''

when it comes to pure technical ability he is better than a lot of those players you named

Like who?

because every young black player gets tarred with the SWP/Lennon brush.

Yet I am here praising Welbeck and have been for the last 5/6 years about his technical ability

While posting in the Man Utd thread about the shambles of Zaha getting no game time 

Hmmm

The best being:

Suarez, Ibra, Cavani, Falcoa, Aguero, RVP, Costa, Tevez, and probably couple I have forgot

That just says it all, Tevez has been just about decent this season and you name him.

Costa has been excellent, but has only had 2 good seasons in top flight football, not much more than Sturridge, and technically he is less capable but apparently Sturridge can't reach those levels.

I said he can be amongst that group, not that he is yet, don't see how its outlandish, when currently he is matching all those players apart from Suarez Ibra and Costas output. He has nearly a goal every game, and when it comes to pure technical ability he is better than a lot of those players you named, but of course you man won't see it because every young black player gets tarred with the SWP/Lennon brush.

On pure ability i would take him above a lot of those players, he does things that some of these players can't do.

when it comes to pure technical ability he is better than a lot of those players you named

Like who?

Yet I am here praising Welbeck and have been for the last 5/6 years about his technical ability

While posting in the Man Utd thread about the shambles of Zaha getting no game time 

Hmmm

Talent wise, i said he is up there and i reiterated that in my second post replying to you.

Still has to do it for a bit longer to be considered in that discussion, but i feel based on the way he has started his Liverpool career he can be there in the not so distant future.

Like who, well Costa, Cavani, Tevez, dare i say Falcao,

*Technically*

The best being:

Like who?

Hmmm

Talent wise, i said he is up there and i reiterated that in my second post replying to you.

Still has to do it for a bit longer to be considered in that discussion, but i feel based on the way he has started his Liverpool career he can be there in the not so distant future.

Like who, well Costa, Cavani, Tevez, dare i say Falcao,

*Technically*

c9u1X.gif

lool 

I agree Sturridge is better technically than Tevez, not even a debate for me.

Cavani is very technically sound and I think Costa's ability is often overlooked because he's a bully as well....but I really do think Sturridge has ability in spades.

It sounds outlandish to mention him in the same breath as them man but looking at Costa his upward curve hasn't been that dissimilar to that of Sturridge, he'd been on loan at struggling teams and scored at a decent rate and then with some faith shown in him proved he could do it at a club with more expectation.

Obviously this season he's continued performing in the CL but I think it's fair to say Sturridge is at a similar stage to where Costa was last season in the sense he's shown a lot of promise but needs to sustain it domestically and on the continent to officially arrive.

when it really matters id still rather have Welbeck in my team than Strurridge everyday.

• Upvote 1