Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zizouz

Aitzaz Hasan

13 posts in this topic

I think this guy deserves a mention. Doubt I could've done what he did.

_72174104_aitzaz.jpg

Aitzaz Hasan, 15, was with friends outside school when they spotted a man wearing a suicide vest.

Despite the pleas of his fellow students, he decided to confront and capture the bomber who then detonated his vest, his cousin told the BBC.

Aitzaz is being hailed as a hero in an outpouring of praise on social media. 

The incident took place on Monday in Ibrahimzai, a Shia-dominated region of Hangu, in north-western Pakistan. There were almost 2,000 students in attendance at the time of the attack, media reports say.

"My cousin sacrificed his life saving his school and hundreds of students and school fellows," his cousin Mudassar Hassan Bangish told the BBC's Aleem Maqbool.

"The suicide bomber wanted to destroy the school and school students. It was my cousin who stopped him from this...destruction."

Aitzaz's friends had urged him not to confront the suicide bomber but he ignored their pleas and decided to confront the man with the intention of halting him.

"So he told them 'I'm going to stop him. He is going to school to kill my friends'. He wanted to capture this suicide bomber. He wanted to stop [him]. Meanwhile the suicide bomber blasted himself which resulted in the death of my cousin," Mr Bangish said.

He described Aitzaz as "brave" and a good student. "He always used to say 'I am always ready for my country'."

His family insist that rather than focus on the sorrow brought about by his death, they want to focus on their pride in his actions.

"He is a shahid [martyr]. A shahid of his whole nation," he said.

"My son made his mother cry, but saved hundreds of mothers from crying for their children," Mujahid Ali, Aitzaz's father is quoted as saying.

Yeah read about this a few days ago. RIP

Bit sceptical about anything I read spread around social networks

It was on the evening news IIRC (if that makes you any less skeptical)

I didn't realize he died

It was on the evening news IIRC (if that makes you any less skeptical)

I didn't realize he died

It does, most of these social media stories come without a decent source.

Rip

face it, he knew he was butters and unlikely to draw many girls in life so thought he wud seek them virgins in jannah

rip all the same, what he did was noble

Wow. RIP