Uber

Mizchif

21 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

Whats product of modern day slavery?

Both a part of their system, they being the powers that be, we are not free

I am here because my parents ducked out of Afftown , none of their parents or parents parents etc were brought here by force?

'Force' is relative, in modern day society we are still being forced to adopt to their system as we have no other choice really but forced in a way which is socially acceptable by modern day standards not chained and beaten which was socially acceptable back then

and even so how are the above posts displaying the purest enslaved mentality, you still havent answered my q.

Unless you are out of their system and truly free stay in your lane and keep it humble, 

I think most would agree that taking pride that my ancestors were not involved in the trans atlantic slave trade is the purest enslaved mentality - nothing about that even makes sense

Your ancestors did and when your offspring for generations to come will look back at you, they will say the same too 

• Like 4

On 23/09/2017 at 3:40 PM, Da Luv Doc said:

You man really are not on supporting local area taxi ranks (not black cabs)? That's what the world has come to, instead of being vex about serious shit, you moan because you don't want to phone a taxi firm to come get you. Instead, you give your money to these c*nt because "it's cheap" but don't see in the ling run the lack of tax makes it more expensive for you to live as the pay fuck all tax. Maybe someone on here should start a central London based taxi rank firm and create an app for it. I will not moan about how much money someone gets, black cabbies need to stfu though, even now they have things easy for them! But fuck them and fuck uber!

uber are not doing anything illegal by paying little tax, do you fly easyjet? do you shop in topman, or any house of fraser branch? do you not use google? or maybe youre boycotting it because they dodge tax and use alta vista? they are all using UK loopholes that are left there by the govt..so dont blame them as you too would do the same.

youre not going to earn £145m in a year and have the option of paying £45m in tax or just £3m using a loophole. 

19 hours ago, Badman said:

Both a product of modern day slavery as are most of us here, which in my estimation is not much different from slavery in the traditional sense, yet squabbling over our history of being enslaved and who is the bigger slave etc

Meanwhile our slave masters stay laughing/winning 

I agree and wanted to avoid this, but it was John Slave that started a "your family were slaves" and came across as looking down on Caribbeans, missing out the fact that his country was raped by the same slave owners. His family were probably house negroes who tried their hardest to lease there masters, being enslaved unofficially so they don't get enslaved. 

Venom, I do try to priorities the companies who do pay tax. I fly with airlines that offer luxury when compared to budget airlines.

• Downvote 2

The Evening Standard should declare that George Osborne has a job with a major shareholder in Uber when the newspaper publishes articles about the taxi company, according to the chair of the National Union of Journalists’ ethics council.

The Evening Standard ran a front page story about Uber’s London ban on Mondayand also published an editorial that described removing its licence to operate in the city as “shutting out the future”.

Osborne, the editor of the Standard, is paid £650,000 a year by fund manager BlackRock for working four days a month as an adviser. BlackRock has a stake in Uber worth an estimated £500m.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/sep/25/evening-standard-urged-to-declare-osbornes-job-with-uber-shareholder

650k for a side gig

these man are in a completely different world

On 25/09/2017 at 5:55 PM, Badman said:

Both a part of their system, they being the powers that be, we are not free

'Force' is relative, in modern day society we are still being forced to adopt to their system as we have no other choice really but forced in a way which is socially acceptable by modern day standards not chained and beaten which was socially acceptable back then

Unless you are out of their system and truly free stay in your lane and keep it humble, 

Your ancestors did and when your offspring for generations to come will look back at you, they will say the same too 

Good post bro

• 2 months later...

uber drivers turned into proper money grabbing pricks lately

before i used to get cancellations no problem, but now they have the cheek to call and ask me to cancel it so they dont have to pay the charge with some weak excuses or they just drive off in a completely different direction making 3 min wait into 20 min waits

They've definitely been a lot worse than they used to for at least a year now. Think it's when they recruited crazy numbers of drivers where's as before the drivers were more experienced.

1 time I see the Uber pull into my road on the app so I get in the lift and start to come down. Get downstairs and he's not there, look on the app again and he's turned around and started driving off in the other direction. Calls me and say he can't find my road, I try to explain to him he was already there but has turned around and is going in the wrong direction, he can't understand me so hangs up and cancels it. Order a next one, guy comes in 5 mins, explain to him what happened he goes "check your app, I bet he charged you a cancellation fee". Check it and the c*nt had charged me £5. Had to raise a dispute to get it refunded. 

• 3 weeks later...