Uber

Mizchif

lol yeah, you wouldn't expect an experience in UK to be the same in India

in the UK most seem to be ex-minicab drivers, same old Indian types

in the US its labelled a "drive-sharing" app, where its literally random people, apparently you get like pizza-delivery guys and students and stuff picking you up

I'm kinda happy the black cabbies are pissed at its existence, they've been taking the piss for how long with their prices, considering they're a business that's easy to hide profits from the taxman those sorta prices shouldn't run

Was chatting to one of them

They do crb checks and you have to get licensed as a cab

It's not just a sign up with uber get the equipment and do your ting type of affair over here

Uk ones are the only really legit ones from what I can tell, in France/Dam/Germany everywhere else in Europ if it's not the black car/exec uber it's literally normal people with a whip trying to earn an extra buck, and apparently all they need to do is register in the app.

One in Lille was telling me how they get into full on brawls with normal taxi drivers cos its that deep over there, and the guy who picked us up in Dam said the original driver who was meant to come just got arrested(uberpop is illegal) so he's filling in haha

• 5 months later...

Black Cabs can f*ck off.

Uber and some of these other taxi app services provide a good service at a good price. I can be pretty much anywhere in London and I can get an Uber within 10 mins, can't say the same for a black cab. Not that they'll usually stop for a black guy by himself. 

• Upvote 1

lol black cabs are just pissed uber and other innovative services are driving their prices down they don't care about no public safety.

This is why clenching on to traditions is a bad idea the world is forever changing time to move on and evolve. 

they've learnt the routes and paid for the right to pick people up off the street without being pre-booked, they're also allowed to drive in bus lanes at peak times, do they really think they're owed more than that?

Fuck black cabs, get with the times and don't rip people off

They need to stop crying as got competition now, they should lower there fares and stop discriminating then they might get some respect

Vowed to never use black cabs when younger as rarely stopped for me

Kind of glad seeing them suffer tbh

The protest is all about Uber basically being pick up and go whilst they have had to do the knowledge pay etc etc.

Not as black and white as black cabs vs uber.

Lol might as well get at the sat nav companies as well.

They should evolve and cater to the tourists or luxury cabbing aspect, they are still a british darling. But can fuck off now.

f*ck black cabs, get with the times and don't rip people off

They need to stop crying as got competition now, they should lower there fares and stop discriminating then they might get some respect

Vowed to never use black cabs when younger as rarely stopped for me

Kind of glad seeing them suffer tbh

This tbh