Adnan takes out his coleslaw for a nandos meal in tracksuit bottoms

seven

Adnan Januzaj ‘took student on date to Nando’s in tracksuit bottoms’

Monday 27 Jan 2014 9:08 am
ad_125336650-e1390811304509.jpg?w=650&h=Adnan Januzaj is in the spotlight (Picture: Getty Images)

Adnan Januzaj’s initiation into the ranks of professional football continues, with the 18-year-old Manchester United star the subject of a tabloid ‘kiss-and-tell’.

MORE: Townsend and Sterling back Januzaj over Nando’s date

No bedroom revelations to embarrass young Adnan, thankfully, but rather the source of student Melissa McKenzie’s dissatisfaction was the £30,000-a-week star’s choice of venue – budget chicken joint Nando’s.

Melissa, 25, was also peeved Januzaj turned up in tracksuit bottoms and trainers and let her pay for parking after she had allegedly picked him up from a street corner where his mum had dropped him off.

‘I’ve never met anyone so stingy in my life,’ Melissa told The Sun. ‘I was so excited for the first date. We met on a social network site and I got all dressed up and even got my make-up done – costing me £30.

MORE: United ‘reject PSG approach for Januzaj’

MORE: Nando’s offer to pay for Januzaj’s next date

‘I expected him to come to me in a flashy car, but I ended up driving him about in my old blue Fiesta and I was left to pay and display. Then he said he was taking me to Nando’s – my face fell.

‘I usually go there for a quick bite to eat with my mates. I didn’t expect to be going there on a date with a Man United footballer, especially in my dress and heels.’

Yes, dead right, Melissa – how dare he act like us regular plebs.

The paper reports that Januzaj did fork out £18 for dinner before the evening moved on to to a three-star hotel, where the pair watched The X Factor.

Melissa claims the forward then asked to be driven home at 9pm, and alas the romance ultimately led nowhere.

Possibly a lucky escape there, mate.

• Downvote 4

What you mean the free nike tracksuits he's given ?

Kid prob don't even drive yet

And she is 25 ffs

Adnan making moves, wernt he beating tulisa... Swear he still talks like a freshie too

Lol

Proper lad.

He should be rated, if she laughed it off and didn't care, she is bless; this just exposed the woman for the goldigging woman she was.

Reminds me of the test the guy does in A Bronx Tale.

Is that when he see if she makes the effort to unlock the door or suttin??

Bitch couldnt even play the long game...this "NOW generation" is killing society!

• Upvote 1