DMX VS ZIMMERMAN IN A CELEBRITY BOXING MATCH: Right or Wrong?

Guest 90210

George Zimmerman celebrity boxing match confirmed, as rapper The Game offers to fight him: 'I would take pleasure in it'

Damon Feldman, the promoter organizing the bout with the star, has confirmed that the fight will take place on 1 March

George Zimmerman – the man acquitted of murdering unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in July 2013 – has signed up to take part in a celebrity boxing match.

Damon Feldman, the promoter organising the bout with the star, has confirmed that the fight will take place on 1 March, and that Zimmerman, who is, according to TMZ ‘open to fighting anyone… Even black people’, will donate any earnings he makes from the bout to charity.

George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty Of Trayvon Martin

Feldman is yet to find an opponent, but said he wasn’t looking to promote the event as "a race thing".

"We haven't discussed purple, yellow, white, black," he added.

But one rapper of African-American decent, who has a tattoo of Zimmerman’s victim Martin on his leg, has offered to step into the ring.

"I would not be boxing for me," The Game told TMZ.  "I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family."

Florida Police Chief Agrees: 'Zimmerman Is Sandy Hook Waiting To Happen'

"I would box him to knock him out.

"I would definitely take pleasure in it.  It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

Standing at a towering 6’5” and weighing in at 240lbs, the Game would certainly present a challenge.

Zimmerman Charged Over Pointing Gun At His Girlfriend

Zimmerman was found not guilty of all charges levied against him, after he fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a fight in February 2012 inside a gated community in Sanford. The 30-year-old Hispanic man claimed that he had killed Martin with a weapon in an act of self-defence.

Zimmerman remained without charge for 44 days after the shooting occurred, which led to nationwide protests and sparked furious debate over racial profiling and the right to use weapons in self-defence. Further demonstrations broke out after Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013.

Federal authorities are currently reviewing the entire case to decide whether Martin’s civil rights were violated.

http://pitchfork.com/news/53846-dmx-to-fight-george-zimmerman-in-celebrity-boxing-match/

Oh shit, zimmer is fucked now 

DMX to Fight George Zimmerman in Boxing Match

Happening March 1
By Carrie Battan on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 a.m.

DMX to Fight George Zimmerman in Boxing Match
Yes, this is real. George Zimmerman, the man acquitted of killing Trayvon Martin, has signed a contract with celebrity boxing match promotor Damon Feldman. And Feldman has delivered on his reputation for head-spinning matchups (see: Tonya Harding vs. a waitress) by selecting DMX as Zimmerman's opponent, TMZ reports. To break it down further: George Zimmerman will fight DMX.
As you can imagine, the list of people willing to fight Zimmerman was long. Among the 15,000 candidates was the rapper Game, who told TMZ: "I would not be boxing for me... I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and his family." DMX also told TMZ that he wants to fight on behalf of "every black person who has been done wrong in the system...I am going to beat the living fuck out of him. I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I fuck him up right." He also threatened te piss on Zimmerman's face. 
Details of the fight, which takes place on March 1, will be announced during a news conference next Wednesday.

Guest Chelsea Jack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552213/Rapper-DMX-confirmed-fight-George-Zimmerman-bizarre-celebrity-boxing-match-promises-urinate-face-wins.html

Basically, these two are going to have a bout for charity. Me and my boys were just having a debate on the ethical legitimacy of this particular contest.

Is it right or wrong?

Some argued it was wrong to be giving zimmerman any air time whatsoever, whilst others claimed it would be good to see dmx knocking him out and 'pissing on his face' as a form of retribution.

What does the forum think?