Strength/Endurance training

Badman

Judging by the General progress thread looks like all you man are on Bulking/power/high protein diet etc

Anyone here training for strength and endurance rather than Muscle mass/power?

My personal goals depend on excellent endurance, speed, flexibility, strength and stamina.

Current undertakings:

10k cross country runs 

Football

Circuit training 

Swimming

Rowing

Diet:

Strictly no supplements, High calories + low fat

Goals:

Take part in Triathlon

Good times in 10k + half marathon

i may be wrong, but i thought the two counter each other. My prediction being that on your training regime you will get generally fitter and more athletic, but endurance stuff doesn't build muscle which you would need for strength and speed.

All that aside, good luck with your plans.

Common misconception

muscle endurance/strength doesn't depend on muscle size

Power does but that makes you bulky hence slower/less agile 

However there is a balance of both which is what I am trying to achieve, I am just not looking for heavy weights just only my body weight or just above it

press ups

pull ups

muscle ups

Core

Plyometrics

etc

Depends on your end goals I guess

If ur not talking about strength without weights then yeah I get what our saying. The bodyweight stuff is pretty sick for that. Had a 4 week bodyweight program before, ended up feeling allot more agile and lighter on my feet, box jumps increased massively and overall good feeling. Let us know how it goes

Im no expert but i swear like Flex said they are complete opposite, if we're talking weights endurance training will be high rep stuff 12-15+ reps where as strength training is more 1-5/6 rep ranges

I just started strength training a few weeks back startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki, also if anyone wants the book i have the pdf.

you want to look into cross fit style work outs.

Do big fully body movements with a lower weight, higher rep and right into the next exercise.

ie

10 pull ups,

10 deadlifts,

10 box jumps.

do at least 3 set of this with no break.

Things like box jumps, jumping set of hurdles, and sprinting are all great for strength and power, becuase they are explosive movements, and you can not really do them slowly.

There is a myth that doing a movment fast is a bad thing. If your want explosive power, you have to do movments fast.

Clean and press is one of the best movements to do, its full body and gassy. even a low weight will get you blowing hard after a couple sets.

Endurance training is all about getting your body to deal with lactic acid. 

The thing is most advise on the internet seems to be for bodybuilding. I dont want to be a body builder all slow and muscle bound

• Upvote 1

you want to look into cross fit style work outs.

Do big fully body movements with a lower weight, higher rep and right into the next exercise.

ie

10 pull ups,

10 deadlifts,

10 box jumps.

do at least 3 set of this with no break.

Things like box jumps, jumping set of hurdles, and sprinting are all great for strength and power, becuase they are explosive movements, and you can not really do them slowly.

There is a myth that doing a movment fast is a bad thing. If your want explosive power, you have to do movments fast.

Clean and press is one of the best movements to do, its full body and gassy. even a low weight will get you blowing hard after a couple sets.

Endurance training is all about getting your body to deal with lactic acid. 

The thing is most advise on the internet seems to be for bodybuilding. I dont want to be a body builder all slow and muscle bound

Yeah same.

I have looked into cross fit, saw them at the The International Combat Sports Show in Excel few years back However I dont quite agree with their pull up technique im not a fan of 'kipping'