True Detective

Fearless-Guy

• 2 weeks later...

100%

its more a 8 hour movie than a tv series tho

• 1 month later...
While HBO hasn't officially renewed its hit new series True Detective, series creatorNic Pizzolatto revealed in March that he is already writing the scripts for Season 2. Today, The Mirror reports that Brad Pitt is currently "thrashing out an agreement" to star in the second season.

We already know that Season 1 stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelsonwon't be back for Season 2, which will feature a whole new cast and story line. The actor already has ties with HBO, producing their upcoming TV movie The Normal Heart, airing Sunday, May 25. If the actor does reach a deal with the cable network, it will be his first television appearance since a 2001 episode of Friends, alongside his wife at the time, Jennifer Aniston.

Season 1 of True Detective, which ended its eight-episode run in March, followed two Louisiana detectives whose 17-year-old unsolved murder case is re-opened.

Of course, none of this has been confirmed by HBO yet, but it's possible that the network is waiting on announcing the Season 2 renewal until they have their main cast members locked down. Would you like to see Brad Pitt on the hit HBO series? 

• 1 month later...

I'm not a fan of Farrell at all, especially if he's gotta do a yank accent.

yeah neither am i

His US accent has been bad in the past, but I'm sure he'll nail it. All he needs is a good script/character. Not many were fans of McConaughey pre Mud/Lincoln Lawyer with all that rom com shit -  but he came through here and shut it down. You never know. :Y:

Finally finished this. So much better than anything else on TV right now it's not even really competitive.

Only depressing thing is there's no way they're topping this season. Absolutely none. So I'd really like to think of it more as a massively indulgent director's cut of film.

That said I think it could have done with an extra episode, there were a few loose ends that weren't really tied up properly I felt.

But to be honest this is a masterpiece of characterisation more than anything. Seems to me the detective part of it is purely a hook for all the existential dissection. The detective story is actually the worst thing in this show.

Rust's perspective of the world, his beliefs and morals (or lack thereof) really make that character fascinating. One of the best characters I've ever seen on TV.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like many fans of weird fiction, I was overjoyed to discover HBO’s True Detective.  But as the season progressed, I became increasingly uneasy.  It seemed to me that True Detective writer Nic Pizzolatto was “borrowing” words and phrasing from other authors, especially Thomas Ligotti.  Recently, I expressed my concerns on one of the Lovecraft eZine video shows and was then contacted by Jon Padgett, the founder of the websiteThomas Ligotti Online.

I’d done a little research to satisfy my curiosity, but Jon had done a lot… and the results of that research were disturbing.

http://lovecraftzine.com/2014/08/04/did-the-writer-of-true-detective-plagiarize-thomas-ligotti-and-others/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Should be good