★★★ Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Vs. Marcos 'El Chino' Maidana ★★★

Sinister

Floyd Mayweather has confirmed he will face Marcos Maidana in a welterweight unification contest on May 3, ending Amir Khan's hopes of being his next opponent.

Khan, 27, signed a contract in December that put him in line for a possible showdown with the WBC champion.

He admitted last week on Twitter that he did not think the fight would take place.

Promoters Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions have now confirmed that the American, 37, will face Argentinian WBA champion Maidana instead.

"After weeks of speculation, including feedback from fans across an array of social media platforms, boxing's pound-for-pound superstar, pay-per-view king and WBC Welterweight World Champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather will face the dangerous, power-punching WBA Welterweight World Champion Marcos "El Chino" Maidana on Saturday, May 3," read the statement.

Mayweather (45-0) launched a social media campaign earlier this month asking fans to decide which of the two men he should take on in his next bout.

"Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention," said Mayweather.

"He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring. I think this is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him - beat me."

/

Unlucky Khan

It'd do Amir good to keep his head down and only go for a fight with Floyd if/when his decline starts. 

it'll still be a good payday and he might actually have a chance. 

i respect Amir for having the balls to issue public challenges though, coz surely even he doesn't believe he'd do well.

boring fight, maidana is made to order for mayweather,

Look at it like this, Maidana is smaller, weaker, does not hit as hard or is not as skilled as Canello and floyd put on an boxing masterclass.

Only thing Maidana has got is tenacity. But so did Hatton.

I dont like Khan, and he should have fought Alexander as planned, and if he came through that he would have been 100% on for Floyd.

Khan (at his best) would have caused floyd problems, Would never beat him, but give him problems.

Floyds next fight, got to be GGG moving down or Danny Garcia moving up 

It'd be interesting to hypothetically see the differences in PPV income pore risk fights with all the contenders would be.

Latin fighters draw a lot of money in these types of fights.

There's a reason he fights Mexicans and stacks the undercards...

khan vs broner wud be sick

sick

I think Khan is done, based on recent showings, he has looked awful. I think that one punch from Danny Garcia has effectively ended his career.

But before that punch he was out classing Garcia and was on course for a comfortable points win 

Guest Chelsea Jack

Although khan'still young hes been in the game for like 10 years now and has taken some serious beatings. Given that and the fact his heart dont seem to be fully in it no more, i would say that hes almost a shot fighter.

Guest Chelsea Jack

I think he will beat broner, broner is not a force at welter. Shot is a tad harsh but hes in decline imo. Hope im wrong tho, despite the fact hes a thick fucker i like the bloke.

If he gets his head right, He could be a force.

I still think that he should not have left Roach. Khan was always at his best coming forward, letting his hands go. Yes he was exposed at times, but most fighters will do at somepoint 

Hunter has taken his best asset away, and tried to teach him defense and ring intelligence. This kind of things needs to be ingrained right at the begging of someones boxing career (Ward and Mayweather are perfect examples.) All we are left with is a fighter with a poor defense who is scared to come forward 

What has broner done to suggest he would mop up anyone at welter or the top light welters? nothing. Thats what.

Split decision against Paulie,

Khan took him to pieces.

And for the record this fight will never happen. Khan has his own TV dates and doesnt want to deal with Floyd after being Jilted  

What has broner done to suggest he would mop up anyone at welter or the top light welters? nothing. Thats what.

ye i hear that, but if ur telling me broner wouldnt knock down khan at least once you're smoking/hating

once he gets his head screwed on he will be a problem (truss) but his new tune with 50 tells me that aint anytime soon