black African/west indians men more prone mental health

Guest TRAGEDY

How many black men are misdiagnosed and sectioned to add to these stats . These white doctors do not understand the souls of black people , for example a nigerian speaking normally would sound like a crazed lunatic. Mental problems are very hard to classify and if someone does not understand something someone is explaining it can come off as crazy. A perfectly sane black man stressed and explaining racism and the burden of stress it places on many black people will not make sense to a psychiatrist  who is white , that psychiatrist needs to just recommend sectioning for the state to class a black man as crazy. My mum is a mental nurse and the stories she told me about how these muzungus fucked up a lot of normal black kids lives and threw them into institutions and drugged them into a vegetative state is scary. To for example schizophrenia is commonly misdiagnosed because there is no single test to show that one has it , its down to the opinion of the person assesing

^agree n disagree... i think the stress of changing your life when u come to a new country hits ppl differentlyt

ive got one uncle thats been moving round europe since 2005 tryna find permanent residence but if u looked at his face in 05 and now u would put 15yrs extra on his age. i wonder if the incidence of mental illness is still higher for men in the black african community than women

Guest freestacks

One thing  I have learned over the years is that statistically speaking,as black people mentally we  are the strongest race . We are the least likely to commit suicide and self harm,cry etc  but we show it in different ways  .  Walking around with a chip on our shoulder , screw face on 24/7 . We got serious tempers as well,and when we snap,we SNAP.

This is why although im dubious about us seeing white doctors,or councilors (no disrespect) because as someone else said ,white people generally do not understand the soul or minds of black people ,but we seriously do need to start seeking professional help ..And anger management as well .

Another thing I have noticed is that we as people ,especially the older generation are so ignorant when it comes to mental health because from young we are taught we cannot be soft because we are going to come across many,many obstacles in life and the world is against us . Serious tings ive got uncles back home that would discipline you for crying or being soft ...

Also we start quoting the bible every damn minute . "There is no such thing as mental health,if you pray to god everything will be ok" etc  .

One thing  I have learned over the years is that statistically speaking,as black people mentally we  are the strongest race . We are the least likely to commit suicide and self harm,cry etc  but we show it in different ways  .  Walking around with a chip on our shoulder , screw face on 24/7 . We got serious tempers as well,and when we snap,we SNAP.

This is why although im dubious about us seeing white doctors,or councilors (no disrespect) because as someone else said ,white people generally do not understand the soul or minds of black people ,but we seriously do need to start seeking professional help ..And anger management as well .

Another thing I have noticed is that we as people ,especially the older generation are so ignorant when it comes to mental health because from young we are taught we cannot be soft because we are going to come across many,many obstacles in life and the world is against us . Serious tings ive got uncles back home that would discipline you for crying or being soft ...

Also we start quoting the bible every damn minute . "There is no such thing as mental health,if you pray to god everything will be ok" etc  .

The real!

Theres not enough info out there tbh