Week 32 - 13/14 Premier League - Champions League Quarters

User

:/

Cant be asked to type large quantities of text on my phone but kompressor doesnt have the slightest idea

I c/s the removal of stacks even if its just for a week. Man talks about victim mentality then rolls around the forum all butt hurt when people talk about blacks. U probably got the biggest victim mentality on here

Whats Liverpool got to do with it?

We aint about that victim life thats for chelsea nowdays

Nevermind.

I'm not surprised you've not clocked on, it's something your lot tend to prefer to ignore/forget about.

Here's a clue.

There are plans for a "96 Avenue" at Anfield when it gets developed, lets hope there's a 39 steps incorporated in the build somewhere.

For someone who's clearly very smart you say some incredibly dumb sh*t at times.

Heysel was a tragedy as was hillsborough, but the events that led to each group of people dying are very different.

d*ckheads like yourself that try to hold the two up against each other are either too thick to see the differences in circumstances or just willing to overlook them for the sake of sly digs which makes you an even bigger d*ckhead.

What bugs me is the indifference your club showed to the incident for 20 years. The riddiculous excuses, the attempts to shift blame.

You did exactly what the authorities have done and continue to do about Hillsborough.

Both these situations were as bad as each other as people lost their lives when they went to watch a game of football. Anyone who knows anything about football of the time will know it could've happened to anyone, (both events) what bothers people on top of that is the indifference shown and the attempts to sidestep any blame. In the case of Hillsborough by the police and footballing authorities, in the case of Heysel by Liverpool FC.

From now until the end of time Football fans especially Liverpool fans shoukd throw stones and criticise the relevent authorities for what happened at Hillsborough and even more so for the bullshit that followed.

The same can be said about Liverpool and the aftermath of Heysel.

If you can't see some similarities between the ways the authorities responded to Hillsborough and Liverpool responded to Heysel I don't even know anymore.

Or should the authorities responsible for Hillsborough just turn round and say it was a tradegy for us as well, sorry guys, here's a mosaic and all will be forgiven after 2 decades?

Both situations were as bad as each other in the sense that people lost their lives but like I said the context around them is very different, nobody should go to a football match and die but when the more unsavoury side of football fan culture is facilitated the probability of it happening increases a lot. 

Could you show me some of these ridiculous excuses or attempts to shift the blame?

The authorities should hold their hands up and say we lied and for 25 years used every method we could to manipulate the public perception of what actually happened to tarnish the reputation of a city, it's inhabitants, people who were mourning for their loved ones and most importantly the memories of the people who died that did nothing wrong.

You're 100% correct in regard to the second paragraph.

Now for the question at the end of the 1st

The Chairman of the time (John Smith) and the Liverpool echo went out their way to blame the trouble on the NF, Chelsea, Leeds and Everton between them.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/1551780

Oliver Kay wrote.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/what-about-justice-for-heysel/

After receiving the customary abuse and bombardment of messages and e-mails that accompany any article about Liverpool FC that isn't 100% complimentary. He felt the need to defend his article.

This in fairness was taken well and supported generally by Liverpool fans on RAWK, even though some decided to focus on the bit about Manchester United.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3ucninecclpfl2dltv27ib5fm5&topic=229537.0

There's a painfully obvious difference between the two scenarios.

As you said John Smith did say that he'd been told that there were fans of other clubs there and I agree that it was the wrong thing to do and ill informed. But once he realised he had no evidence to support this and damning evidence was presented to incriminate Liverpool fans, he and the club accepted that Liverpool were partially to blame for what happened. What the club took issue with was the way in which UEFA scapegoated the club's fans as if the catalogue of errors they made weren't arguably the biggest contributing factor that led to the disaster. 

This isn't the same as a fucking government doctoring documents, destroying evidence and outright lying to absolve themselves of any wrongdoing and purposely besmirching the reputation of a whole city and its inhabitants for 25 years.

Aside from the fact one situation involves someone making claims they believe to be true with a lack of evidence and the other involves people actually falsifying evidence they know isn't true,  I have no idea how you can even begin to put a football club or it's fans on equal footing with the people responsible for running the whole fucking country. 

The thing that annoys me about having this conversation with someone like you is if presented with these situations outside the context of football you'd have no problem making clear distinctions between the two situations and looking at the wider context but as with most football fans blind tribalism takes over and you're reduced to a point scoring d*ckhead that try's to rationalise being one.

The club and it's fanbase fully acknowledges their shortcomings in Heysel and the fact you're referring to statements made over 20 years ago without even mentioning that speaks volumes. Liverpool fans were tried and convicted, Liverpool Football Club was banned and accepted it's faults in the disaster.

UEFA on the other hand, who ignored pleas from the Liverpool chairman at the time to consider moving it to another venue because he foresaw serious problems, weren't held to account despite the fact they were largely responsible for what happened.

So maybe those at OT that claim they sing murderers and other shite at every home game out of contempt for perceived double standards can come up with a clever little ditty to the champions league theme to voice their angst against UEFA, or maybe just admit they don't actually give a fuck about the moral aspect of it and confess to being point scoring d*ckheads.

Don't disagree that most of the people chanting those things are just point scoring.

Also will agree that a Government doing what they have done is as deplorable as anything can get and I expect the truth to come out over the next year. I also wholeheartedly agree that there are clear differences in the aftermaths and in the levels of authority by the people in question.

However if you choose not to ignore them there are also general if not clear similarities.

I.e trying to shift the blame to exonerate oneself and pour scorn on another party/parties.

Yes Liverpool were banned and so were all English clubs. The following season Everton should've been in the European cup and apparently your fans weren't to sad about them missing out, then of course the little chant of 2-0 to the murderers sang by the Liverpool section at Goodison?

You can accuse me of displaying faux moral outrage if you like I'm just of the opinion that neither of these events/disasters should be forgotten nor should the aftermath.

Infamous

A few weeks prior to the tragedy at Hillsborough, United had an away game there and there were issues with crushing and overcrowded pens. As it wasn't as heavily attended as the semi-final a huge tragedy was averted.

Earlier in the decade I believe Spurs had a similar problem there.

These were games policed by different individuals where the commanding officer/c*nt was different, I imagine there are plenty more examples of that end having problems. Based on that and the fact that Hillsborough was also a ground in ill-repair should the authorities just blame an old ground and go bout their business?

Actually Flojo, you say my opinions on Heysel are based on tribalism? What would you say my strong views on Hillsborough are based on?

Based on my opinions of the hierarchy of Manchester United and some sections of the fan base, do you honestly believe I would have a different view on this if it was United instead if Liverpool, really?, keeping in mind that this is a lot bigger than so e of the things I throw my toys out of the pram over.

Tribalism has nothing to do with it. A strong sense of basic right and wrong has everything to do with it.

On apologising for things said that at the time they believed to be correct.

The Sun newspaper and Kelvin Mckenzie in particular are vilified in Liverpool (rightly so) for things they said that weren't true and in sone cases over embellished.

If they had come out say the following year and apologised would the club, supporters and City ever forgive and forget or would the dislike still remain?

I know what I think the answer is and is say the people in question should never forgive and forget despite the Sun being a completely different organisation internally.

Don't disagree that most of the people chanting those things are just point scoring.

Also will agree that a Government doing what they have done is as deplorable as anything can get and I expect the truth to come out over the next year. I also wholeheartedly agree that there are clear differences in the aftermaths and in the levels of authority by the people in question.

However if you choose not to ignore them there are also general if not clear similarities.

I.e trying to shift the blame to exonerate oneself and pour scorn on another party/parties.

Yes Liverpool were banned and so were all English clubs. The following season Everton should've been in the European cup and apparently your fans weren't to sad about them missing out, then of course the little chant of 2-0 to the murderers sang by the Liverpool section at Goodison?

You can accuse me of displaying faux moral outrage if you like I'm just of the opinion that neither of these events/disasters should be forgotten nor should the aftermath.

I've just pointed out why those 'general and clear similarities' are quite markedly different but I'll try again.

Saying something you believe to be true to exonerate yourself of blame and falsifying something to disprove something you know is true to exonerate yourself of blame are two totally different things. Accepting your wrongdoing in something once presented with evidence of it and destroying evidence because you refuse to accept your wrongdoing are two totally different things. I don't know how to make this point any clearer.

The ifithadntofbinferthe... joke between Liverpool and Everton fans is a reference to their fans proclaiming that if it hadn't of been for the redshite they'd of won the European Cup amongst many other instances whereby something Liverpool did stopped them from being on an equal footing. It's not a joke about Heysel but about Liverpool having some sort of hoodoo over events that always fucks up their pending success.

The 2-0 to the murderers chant was completely out of line and distasteful even it if was a quip back at the point scoring d*ckheads I mentioned earlier. there's no defending that.

Who from Liverpool is trying to forget Heysel? What have the club done to suggest they don't want to acknowledge it? In fact the article you put forward suggests that Juventus themselves are guilty of this more so than anybody.

You come across like one of those point scoring d*ckheads in denial.

Ok, I respect your stance and view on the matter and ability to clearly state it. but I have a differing one.

In all honesty I didn't intentionally try to start this but posted the thing about Chelsea in a sort of eye-rolling way.

It was the indifference shown by another poster that annoyed me and now we're here.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

I never see Kompressor post about actual football.

Just the drama and the politics

I've answered this before with a spoof match day thread comment.

The main issue is football, I mean actual football is never properly discussed on here in the United thread before the Bayern game someone asked what Moyes should do to get a result I thought, ok we might get a debate on tactics and team selection for a particular game. But no.

This thread for example is one where people watch a game and say what there seeing. I.e Welbeck misses a chance cue someone posting >>>> Welbeck. Welbeck does something good, somebody would post Welbeck>> For the most part there is no insight or tactical discussion or debate going on.

In terms of European football, I don't watch enough or pay enough attention to talk much about it.

There are a few who don't do this.

Ok, I respect your stance and view on the matter and ability to clearly state it. but I have a differing one.

In all honesty I didn't intentionally try to start this but posted the thing about Chelsea in a sort of eye-rolling way.

It was the indifference shown by another poster that annoyed me and now we're here.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Who was that poster?

Liverpool and chelsea fans are both Cunts of the highest order .

Liverpool fans have some next victim mentality and are always crying about Hillsborough . Even though some of their fans were part of the problem . I absolutely despise them .

Yeah, you've missed the point also.

Shutup you white girl loving fassy .

Had enough of you and your long ass paragraphs

LOL

• Downvote 1

Liverpool and chelsea fans are both Cunts of the highest order .

Liverpool fans have some next victim mentality and are always crying about Hillsborough . Even though some of their fans were part of the problem . I absolutely despise them .

Yeah, you've missed the point also.

Shutup you white girl loving fassy .

Had enough of you and your long ass paragraphs

:lmao: man snapped