Do shitter players

I would say in theory they should,

good players will always have a touch of arrogance about them like they should automatically know better because they were a better player which imo will cloud there judgment as a manager

this is kinda evident in pundits atm, glenn hoddle for example... talks a real good game but in reality.....

where as shitter players have got to study the great players and use thier intelligence more while playing against them as they cant rely on their natural ability... this in theory could be adapted in a coaching/manegerial roll

If we take Hoddle and Keane as examples of good players who haven't reached their expected levels in management a common theme seems to be their man management is off. this is down to them not understanding why the players they're managing can't do the things they see as basic.

Hoddle would apparently pick up the ball in training wiith England and be pinging balls all over the place and putting the current pro's to shame. Things like that would probably alienate players as well, with the result being the players not really wanting to "play for that manager"

IMO the best managers don't play the game to a high level but concentrate on learning coaching

A lot of good players fail as managers because they think they are too good to learn coaching and just go in to big jobs.

• Upvote 2

If we take Hoddle and Keane as examples of good players who haven't reached their expected levels in management a common theme seems to be their man management is off. this is down to them not understanding why the players they're managing can't do the things they see as basic.

Hoddle would apparently pick up the ball in training wiith England and be pinging balls all over the place and putting the current pro's to shame. Things like that would probably alienate players as well, with the result being the players not really wanting to "play for that manager"

I hear that, most would probably consider Hoddle a success with England I reckon though.

His other jobs in league management probably not as much.

Maybe there is a case there then that better players turn managers are wasted dealing with lower level players.

I can see someone like Hoddle losing morale at a place like Wolves if things don't go according to plan quickly and then it would be a waste of time for everybody.

Not saying he was ever shit but;

Ferguson said: 'I think the problem for a lot of footballers today is that when they get to the end of their careers they decide they want to become coaches because they have nothing else in their mind that they think they can do.

'Whereas Ole always wanted to stay in the game, so from an early age he was preparing stay in the game as a coach or as a manager, as he is at the moment. So he has given himself a better chance than the rest.

'Ole was always one of the professionals that used to take down all the notes from the training sessions and games.'

Guest thinkingthugswife

Good players get good jobs though look at Gullit, Rijkaard, Van Bastern, Klinsmann, Seedord, Dalgleish etc.

Getting jobs ain't the problem.

Out of that list only Rijkaard and Dalglish proved themselves as top managers.

I foolishly forgot Guardiola. It is easier at a top club to make a name for yourself.