Worst Attack in Nigeria Capital Kills 71 in Rush Hour

Supermalt

Lol at believing in Christianity might as well believe in tooth fairy and Father Christmas as well, lol at religion altogether

All religion is man made, lol at arfican countries losing there true ancestral spiritual faith

Stop fetishizing 'true acencestral spiritual faith'. You do know that in a lot of traditional african religions cannibalism was widespread, human sacrifice was widely practiced, as was the practice of killing twin babies. The work of missionaries was a very good thing - it stamped out these practices

boy i didnt know this 

Bullshit. Compare the number of Muslims in Nigeria to the number of members of boko haram I doubt it numbers 1%.

Ur average Nigerian Muslim would be a shop keeper, teacher, wife whatever no different to a Christian Nigerian, but a certain easily influenced Muslim either through poverty or uneducation can be brainwashed, it's not hard when the west have killed millions in the Middle East and lean heavily in favour of Israel.

Forcing a million odd Nigerians to stop practising their religion will not only prove to those young easily influenced boys that they are right, but will also change the shop keepers, teachers and wives and the problem with be ten fold. Nigeria will basically be Syria in Africa.

No the average Northern Nigerian is uneducated or illiterate. The culture of the average core northern Nigerian is very anti-western, anti-modernization and anti-progress. It wouldn't surprise me if most of them wanted to turn Nigeria into Saudi Arabia. The average Northern muslim sees no problem with sending their children to Almajiri schools, where they are only taught the Koran for the entirety of their education. How are these children meant to engage in a modern world? They are very different in outlook, aspirations and culture to Southern Nigerians, that is why the country will never be a success. In many regards Northern Nigeria remains a very feudal society. The northern Elite are probably the richest in Black africa. but the masses have absolutely nothing going for them.

Because their region is so backwards, unemployment has always been chronically high. This leaves them at the mercy of extremist forces. The stereotypical Nigerian love of getting an education, simply doesn't exist in the North. If it wasnt or Northern Nigeria, Nigeria would be a middle-income country. Northern Nigeria drags Southern nigeria down in every regard.

You say, "it's not hard when the west have killed millions in the Middle East and lean heavily in favour of Israel." This is some d*ckhead reasoning. Why should Nigerian christians be killed, becuase of what George W. Bush did. Should christians be kill Muslims for what Al-Bashir does in Sudan? Moreover Muslims have killed more muslims than any american or israeli.  Boko Haram is not a new phenomenon. Islamic extremism has always been around in Nigeria. If it wasnt for the British, there is no doubt in my mind that the Sokoto Caliphate would have continued their Jihad and conquered the rest of Nigeria - they nearly made the whole of the yoruba people muslim. When 30,000 Igbos were slaughtered in Northern Nigeria in 1966, before the civil war, they were murdered to shouts of 'Allahu Akhbar".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Muslims and Christians seem to live quite peacefully together in Yorubaland......

The culture of the Hausa-Fulani is very different to the Yoruba. Plus a lot of muslims from the core North, do not regard Yoruba muslims to be real muslims. That's why Abiola was never been allowed to be president of Nigeria

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Muslims and Christians seem to live quite peacefully together in Yorubaland......

The culture of the Hausa-Fulani is very different to the Yoruba. Plus a lot of muslims from the core North, do not regard Yoruba muslims to be real muslims. That's why Abiola was never been allowed to be president of Nigeria

I'm talking about Muslim Christian relations in that part of the country, there is hardly any tension in Yorubaland in regards to religion, an area which is pretty much split 50/50 between Muslims and Christians, most Yorubas have both Christian and Muslim family.

Yeye believe in some white guy with long hair and a beard that ur slave masters put you on klkl

I bet nigeria has never been mentioned in the bible once as well yet ur acting like that sh*t is designed for u

Christianity is not a white man's religion - it's a universal one. Jesus probably looked like a typical Middle Eastern man. You do know that christianity was well established in Africa before it reached the Anglo-Saxon. 

Silly logic, were Britannia, or Gaul, or Germania ever mentioned? Libya and Ethiopia are however mentioned in the bible. It the end its irrelevant

i have no idea all that other stuff your talking but your right jesus was just as white/arab as mohammed.

Bullshit. Compare the number of Muslims in Nigeria to the number of members of boko haram I doubt it numbers 1%.

Ur average Nigerian Muslim would be a shop keeper, teacher, wife whatever no different to a Christian Nigerian, but a certain easily influenced Muslim either through poverty or uneducation can be brainwashed, it's not hard when the west have killed millions in the Middle East and lean heavily in favour of Israel.

Forcing a million odd Nigerians to stop practising their religion will not only prove to those young easily influenced boys that they are right, but will also change the shop keepers, teachers and wives and the problem with be ten fold. Nigeria will basically be Syria in Africa.

No the average Northern Nigerian is uneducated or illiterate. The culture of the average core northern Nigerian is very anti-western, anti-modernization and anti-progress. It wouldn't surprise me if most of them wanted to turn Nigeria into Saudi Arabia. The average Northern muslim sees no problem with sending their children to Almajiri schools, where they are only taught the Koran for the entirety of their education. How are these children meant to engage in a modern world? They are very different in outlook, aspirations and culture to Southern Nigerians, that is why the country will never be a success. In many regards Northern Nigeria remains a very feudal society. The northern Elite are probably the richest in Black africa. but the masses have absolutely nothing going for them.

Because their region is so backwards, unemployment has always been chronically high. This leaves them at the mercy of extremist forces. The stereotypical Nigerian love of getting an education, simply doesn't exist in the North. If it wasnt or Northern Nigeria, Nigeria would be a middle-income country. Northern Nigeria drags Southern nigeria down in every regard.

You say, "it's not hard when the west have killed millions in the Middle East and lean heavily in favour of Israel." This is some d*ckhead reasoning. Why should Nigerian christians be killed, becuase of what George W. Bush did. Should christians be kill Muslims for what Al-Bashir does in Sudan? Moreover Muslims have killed more muslims than any american or israeli.  Boko Haram is not a new phenomenon. Islamic extremism has always been around in Nigeria. If it wasnt for the British, there is no doubt in my mind that the Sokoto Caliphate would have continued their Jihad and conquered the rest of Nigeria - they nearly made the whole of the yoruba people muslim. When 30,000 Igbos were slaughtered in Northern Nigeria in 1966, before the civil war, they were murdered to shouts of 'Allahu Akhbar".

Its not d*ckhead reasoning at all, of course the wests foreign policies can aid the brainwashing of uneducated easily influenced men, no where did i say it is right but of course it makes a radical preachers job that much easier.

Of course ur average muslim doesnt take this view point, we are angry at the things we see go on in the middle east but we dont target random non-muslims, believe me if the 1 billion muslims took the same view point as these radicalised uneducated men then their would be big problems in the world, i mean basically an international blood bath, but truth is most muslims just go about their business while a tiny minority have been armed to the teeth (i wonder who gave them weapons) and wanna kill as much as possible and die in the process.

The views i see in this thread basically just show me that the problem wont get better but far worse, talk like "make them convert", which im sure quite a few ignorant christian nigerians share, will just send the country into oblivion.

In my opinion the best thing to do is send the military all out, kill the core leaving a few straglers, put a popular muslim governer in charge of the area, and offer immunity to the last remain militants in order for them to lay down their weapons. This method worked in algeria when we had a problem with militants, and now we're a stable country which is slowly progressing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lol at believing in Christianity might as well believe in tooth fairy and Father Christmas as well, lol at religion altogether

All religion is man made, lol at arfican countries losing there true ancestral spiritual faith

Stop fetishizing 'true acencestral spiritual faith'. You do know that in a lot of traditional african religions cannibalism was widespread, human sacrifice was widely practiced, as was the practice of killing twin babies. The work of missionaries was a very good thing - it stamped out these practices

You do know you just said "in a lot of traditional African RELIGIONS"

I said fuck religions,cults,man made shit, rituals, idol worshipping

Its not d*ckhead reasoning at all, of course the wests foreign policies can aid the brainwashing of uneducated easily influenced men, no where did i say it is right but of course it makes a radical preachers job that much easier.

Of course ur average muslim doesnt take this view point, we are angry at the things we see go on in the middle east but we dont target random non-muslims, believe me if the 1 billion muslims took the same view point as these radicalised uneducated men then their would be big problems in the world, i mean basically an international blood bath, but truth is most muslims just go about their business while a tiny minority have been armed to the teeth (i wonder who gave them weapons) and wanna kill as much as possible and die in the process.

The views i see in this thread basically just show me that the problem wont get better but far worse, talk like "make them convert", which im sure quite a few ignorant christian nigerians share, will just send the country into oblivion.

In my opinion the best thing to do is send the military all out, kill the core leaving a few straglers, put a popular muslim governer in charge of the area, and offer immunity to the last remain militants in order for them to lay down their weapons. This method worked in algeria when we had a problem with militants, and now we're a stable country which is slowly progressing.

One of the few times i've fully agreed with TB. pos

at the end of the day we should be focussing on bettering ourselves first and foremost before all this religion malarkey look at the crime and incarceration statistics ffs as a whole we are truely seen as a laughing stock if im brutally honest.education is frowned upon as something only nerds do and our youth think how gangster you are is whats 'real' utter mess.

rant over

One of the few times i've fully agreed with TB. pos

• 1 year later...