Pirlo >>>>>>>

Mame Biram Diouf

pirlo.png

10. On that Champions League Final in Istanbul against Liverpool: “It’s an enemy that I can’t allow to wound me a second time. It’s already done enough damage: most of it hidden far from the surface.

“I’ll never watch that match again. I’ve already played it once in person and many other times in my head, searching for an explanation that perhaps doesn’t even exist.

“It was suggested we hang a black funeral pall as a permanent reminder on the walls of Milanello, right next to the images of triumph. A message to future generations that feeling invincible is the first step on the path to the point of no return.

“Personally, I’d add that horrendous result to the club’s honours board. I’d write it slap bang in the middle of the list of leagues and cups they’ve won, in a different coloured ink and perhaps a special font, just to underline its jarring presence.’

“I thought about quitting because, after Istanbul, nothing made sense any more. The 2005 Champions League final simply suffocated me.

“To most people’s minds, the reason we lost on penalties was Jerzy Dudek – that jackass of a dancer who took the mickey out of us by swaying about on his line and then rubbed salt into the wound by saving our spot kicks.

“I could hardly sleep and even when I did drop off, I awoke to a grim thought: I’m disgusting. I can’t play any more. I went to bed with Dudek and all his Liverpool team-mates.’

“I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

“There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom.

“You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for f*ck’s sake.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

2. On Sir Alex deploying Park Ji-Sung to man-mark him during the 2010 Champions League last 16: “[sir Alex] is a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night. At Milan, he unleashed Park Ji-Sung to shadow me.

“[Park] rushed about at the speed of an electron. He’d fling himself at me, his hands all over my back, trying to intimidate me.

“He’d look at the ball and not know what it was for. They’d programmed him to stop me. His devotion to the task was almost touching. Even though he was a famous player, he consented to being used as a guard dog.”

told man about Park in DMC

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 1 year later...

_61113889_player-comparison-ger-park-pir

ibtI2IhtscGcda.gif.pagespeed.ce.KFZPn2xd

We saw what Gerrard did to a midfield that contained him Gattuso Kaka and Seedorf, low it.

:/

See what I mean this guy watches a different game to everyone else

When clearly Gerrard over ran in midfield during the first half and had to revert to RWB for the rest of the match

I don't get your point, or why you chose to quote that?

Especially when you're getting details wrong.

Gerrard move to rb after it went to 3-3 wise guy.

Its an old debate anyways, i rate Pirlo higher than every midfielder including Gerrard, so whats your point?

This is my point

We saw what Gerrard did to a midfield that contained him Gattuso Kaka and Seedorf, low it.

:/

We all know they took the piss out of him before Rafa sent him to RWB

Gerrard and Alonso against those 4 wasn't going to be great.

Hamann came on to make it a 3, then boom..

They couldn't handle Gerrards going forward, just like we couldn't handle Kaka before hand.

Its an old topic, go watch the game again if you feel different.