THEY KNOW WHAT THERE DOING

Supermalt

they fully know what there doing

Lupita Nyong’o named People Magazine’s ‘Most Beautiful’ person

wmb-600.jpg

She may have won an Oscar for her role as the slave Patsey in Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave and recently landed a contract with Lancome Paris, but Lupita Nyong'o "never dreamed" she would be touted as "Most Beautiful" for all the world to see. 

"It was exciting and just a major, major compliment," the 31-year-old says of gracing this year's cover. And especially, "I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen." 

Born in Mexico and raised in Kenya, Nyong'o first equated beauty with what she saw on television: "Light skin and long, flowing, straight hair," she says. "Subconsciously you start to appreciate those things more than what you possess." Her mother, Dorothy, who is the managing director and head of PR for the Africa Cancer Foundation, "always said I was beautiful," Nyong'o adds. "And I finally believed her at some point." 

oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif
  • Downvote 1

Guest freestacks

SMH they know what they are doing .

We now have a "black" president,an african lady with skin fade and level 1 on the side named as the most beautiful woman in the world . . 

Racism is officially dead.

We are all equal now 

• Downvote 1

It's obviously just to shift copies but it's a great look to have a natural haired dark skin girl on the cover coupled with the word Beautiful.

She comes across as very confident, good for her.

co-sign

Think Beauty here is all based on her personality, class, style and road to stardom. 

but

Defo not ugly imo