28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the league next season

• City to retain
    • Chelsea
    • Manchester united
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal

Not sure you did mate. 

Putting 11 men behind the ball with no emphasis on scoring is normally done by poor teams, if you do it with a squad of athletes assembled to the tune of half a billion it's much easier to coach.

The task is getting them to buy into playing that way and that's something Mourinho excels at.

Rodgers needed a draw and ended up losing to a team with 11 men behind the ball

you don't see anything wrong with that?

No emphasis on scoring?

Hmm must have been watching a different game mate sure we scored twice in that match.

Schwarzer - £0
Azpi - £7m
Cole - £5m
Ivanovic - £10m
Kalas - £5.2
Mikel - £16m
Matic - £21m
Salah - £11m
Schürrle - £18m
Lampard - £11m

Ba - £7m

Torres - £50m
Willian - £32m
Cahill - £7m

£200m

Mignolet - £9m
Johnson - £17.5
Flanagan - £0
Sakho - £15m
Skrtel - £6.5
Gerrard - £0
Lucas - £5m
Allen - £15m
Suarez - £22m
Sterling - £600k
Coutinho - £8.5m

Aspas - £7.7m
Sturridge - £12m

£118m

Talking like you don't spend money mate.

Anyway i'm sounding like an Arsenal fan right now with all this money talk.

Guest freestacks

Loooool Man U aint getting nowhere near the title.

Backline of Jones, Smalling and which left back?

PMSL if you say so.

Baring in mind citys backline consisted of kolorov and dimicheles.....................

Not sure you did mate. 

Putting 11 men behind the ball with no emphasis on scoring is normally done by poor teams, if you do it with a squad of athletes assembled to the tune of half a billion it's much easier to coach.

The task is getting them to buy into playing that way and that's something Mourinho excels at.

How did his tactical approach to the game account for a seasoned pro losing his footing? It was a freak occurrence that couldn't be accounted for and wasn't a result of anything tangible done by either manager.

I know people lauded that performance as some sort of tactical masterclass but it's nonsense imo, it was nothing more than a roll of the dice by Mourinho and his luck came in.

The scenario was that we needed a draw but Chelsea needed to win so the onus was on them to score not us, the first half was a complete non event up until Gerrard slipped and Chelsea had never looked like scoring.

The game hinged on that slip which wasn't a result of anything tactical, it was just a freak occurrence but as is often the case Mourinho is credited with playing a blinder no matter what he does and we get a simplistic narrative rather than a considered analysis.

I would really have liked to have seen what would have happened had it got to 70 minutes at 0-0 because having made no attempt to score Chelsea fans could have been left wondering why their manager had surrendered a decent chance to keep them in the title race by setting up the way he did but as we know the goal changed everything.

• Upvote 2

Not sure you did mate. 

How did his tactical approach to the game account for a seasoned pro losing his footing? It was a freak occurrence that couldn't be accounted for and wasn't a result of anything tangible done by either manager.

I know people lauded that performance as some sort of tactical masterclass but it's nonsense imo, it was nothing more than a roll of the dice by Mourinho and his luck came in.

The scenario was that we needed a draw but Chelsea needed to win so the onus was on them to score not us, the first half was a complete non event up until Gerrard slipped and Chelsea had never looked like scoring.

The game hinged on that slip which wasn't a result of anything tactical, it was just a freak occurrence but as is often the case Mourinho is credited with playing a blinder no matter what he does and we get a simplistic narrative rather than a considered analysis.

I would really have liked to have seen what would have happened had it got to 70 minutes at 0-0 because having made no attempt to score Chelsea fans could have been left wondering why their manager had surrendered a decent chance to keep them in the title race by setting up the way he did but as we know the goal changed everything.

Gerrard being your deepest player with the CBs split on the hw line and both wingbacks already up the pitch at 0-0 suggests the usual proactive approach in a game where you needed only a draw

I'm not saying it was a master-class from Mourinho, I'm saying Rodgers took unnecessary risks when he didn't need to and paid for it

/

Had it reached 70 at 0-0 it would've probs ended same way the Atletico game did

• Upvote 1

Eto'o confirming he's gone with a parting shot :lol:

Thanks for informing me that it will be my last World Cup. Today, I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it.

Not sure you did mate. 

Gerrard being your deepest player with the CBs split on the hw line and both wingbacks already up the pitch at 0-0 suggests the usual proactive approach in a game where you needed only a draw

I'm not saying it was a master-class from Mourinho, I'm saying Rodgers took unnecessary risks when he didn't need to and paid for it

/

Had it reached 70 at 0-0 it would've probs ended same way the Atletico game did

That is just how we've played all season, when we are bringing the ball out the CB's split and Gerrard drops in as the third centre back. That isn't an indication of us being gung-ho or particularly offensive, it's just how we bring the ball out from the back.

There were a fair number of Liverpool fans who said the same as you and I understand why but to me it was a case of the deepest lying player making a mistake it's very difficult to account for. We've made a number of defensive errors throughout the season that have led to goals which I openly criticised but the one against Chelsea wouldn't be one of those.

Maybe it would have but the time wasting and tactics Chelsea employed would have been received very differently, instead of saying look how they frustrated Liverpool by slowing the game down they'd have been saying 'look at the lack of urgency etc etc'. Sadly, the game was completely defined by that slip.

• Upvote 1

Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>
19:23 (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain atleticomadrid.es by mx01.1and1.es. [212.227.15.150].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

----- Original message -----

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;

d=gmail.com; s=20120113;

h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;

bh=0i20x22txHBF1GGFcZ1sanEwM3bTRl3bxkjewBjdedY=;

b=OlZ67M8P6baj8deXSTIQwGjF4locnd/wR1cvlDDhSpc/e08oHO9hqwutObjkgRxqTm

ykraRHzGGuMzSP8nyb3SbAXhnHeUhmr+PsP+gFGO77q1r31jgABvZCGJVs166C8vwo2v

KXOHL7cp7/oaimnGYWx7cH3NQdstP+00tH+YGy/u1dA/iCvgUnzErUBEGVoXCxqxsJAS

WdHN/fSjxGiHu9FqXMOChELVZCS3Mx8q7Gt4xjstSy5V25SzimmY6qaRuaFTbd3hCUqA

ZL/q3ft+cUDXMS5tK2I+dRCXJhZN19X6Nf8B9OohlRgY0G6jbQXTmp5X5eYWKfBrBj0P

VAjA==

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Received: by 10.58.211.229 with SMTP id nf5mr9451105vec.19.1400178222632;

Thu, 15 May 2014 11:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.58.34.200 with HTTP; Thu, 15 May 2014 11:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:23:42 +0100

Message-ID: <CAL+9gbrcBYbkxL6GmXsOE=[email protected]>

Subject: why you wan go chelsea bro?

To: [email protected]

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bdc182495125704f9746579

cleardot.gif

:(

• Upvote 2