The Raid

Vertigo

• 2 weeks later...

The Raid >>>>>>>>

The bad guy who wants to fight honourably >>>

The fight scenes in general >>>>

and the use of weapons.

baffled by the Clint Eastwood esque character.

film's like havin a team deathmatch on Bloc on COD4, then when the ammo runs out having a martial arts fight to settle it.

speaking of Bloc, that Chernobyl diaries film has the same big wheel from COD4, brought back nice memories.

• Upvote 1

the raid redemption is absolutely sick, best martial arts / action film ive seen in a long while.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Took a chance in Dredd 3D the other day.

Its greeeeeeaze! Karl Urban does well imo. Very very bloody, man getting pitched all over the gaff. Its a very straight forward film really. If I had to compare it, The Raid with guns instead of martial arts and special effects I suppose.

Basically, forget the Stallone one (which for some reason almost put me off this one). Not worth a trip to the cinema but decent enough.

• 3 weeks later...

recent watches:

cabin in the woods - pretty poor tbh mildly entertaining tho, admire their ambition tho, was expecting usual hillbilly slasher thing, they flipped it quite nicely.

the raid - quite entertaining at first, f*ck all plot, there's only so many times i want to see guys getting kneed in the face tbh.

the proposition - fantastic, recommend, excellent performances from john hurt and ray i thought, soundtrack was good too.

tinker, tailor, soldier, spy - excellent imo, really liked the creeping pace of it, was like a throw back, which i think was the intention, made me want to watch the ipcress file, day of the jackal, funeral in berlin again, had the same feel as those films imo.

recent watches:

cabin in the woods - pretty poor tbh mildly entertaining tho, admire their ambition tho, was expecting usual hillbilly slasher thing, they flipped it quite nicely.

the raid - quite entertaining at first, f*ck all plot, there's only so many times i want to see guys getting kneed in the face tbh.

the proposition - fantastic, recommend, excellent performances from john hurt and ray i thought, soundtrack was good too.

tinker, tailor, soldier, spy - excellent imo, really liked the creeping pace of it, was like a throw back, which i think was the intention, made me want to watch the ipcress file, day of the jackal, funeral in berlin again, had the same feel as those films imo.

Some of the best fight scenes in history and you got bored? Sure you must have known what you were getting into before you started watching it. Don't let the keyboard fall onto your vagina when you reply.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Watched The Raid, good action film. Very similar to Judge Dredd in a way.

the Dredd script leaked and the Raid mandem just banged it out quick on a low budget before Dredd was finished

thought The Raid was sh*t tbh

first half was good then i was like yep that's enough of that

Watched The Raid, good action film. Very similar to Judge Dredd in a way.

the Dredd script leaked and the Raid mandem just banged it out quick on a low budget before Dredd was finished

thought The Raid was sh*t tbh

first half was good then i was like yep that's enough of that

The Raid was so sicker though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...