Eu Immigration in the UK

Guest Chelsea Jack

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do the laws need tightening?

• Yes
    • No

If you voted no, tell us why.

Morally, Britain does not deserve tight immigration laws. It's easy being born in britain and claim to be british to say you're entitled to a better standing of living than the rest of the world. But that concept is flawed once you acknowledge your inheritance for a western standard of living was and is stolen from poorer countries. 

As soon as big corporations are given the right to buy and take advantage of cheap labour, then those people have the right to live within the profits of the consumers (Us/Western land).

Morally, Britain does not deserve tight immigration laws. It's easy being born in britain and claim to be british to say you're entitled to a better standing of living than the rest of the world. But that concept is flawed once you acknowledge your inheritance for a western standard of living was and is stolen from poorer countries. 

As soon as big corporations are given the right to buy and take advantage of cheap labour, then those people have the right to live within the profits of the consumers (Us/Western land).

Fair point. But a line as got to be drawn some where

• Upvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

i fully get that. However, it was the commonwealth wealth countries Britain primarily stole from, not so much from those in the EU. How about we stop the open door to the EU and then pick and chose from the well educated africans and asians in the c'wealth who want to come? Currently we have to reject a vast amount of them cos of EU membership.

The eu immigrants I meet are always on workin. They barely know about the benefits system an dnt seek to claim. Those that have failed here or had enuf go bk hme where it is worse.

Like I say we need better distribution of services.

Places like old kent Road show that immigrants thrive in spite of recessions and so we need not discourage people from moving here.

it's not even a fair point

it's the usual liberalist nonsense wrapped up in guilt shaming bollocks as per

because of uk corporations taking advantage of a global income disparity ie outsourcing work from the uk, we're obliged to open the door to the millions of inhabitants of countries and continents that vastly outnumber our population

why? how does that even work? is that sustainable in ur head?

are you solely talking about colonisation when you refer to this taking advantage of cheap labour? or are you generally against a free market economy?

do you disagree with outsourcing work to the developing world because it's somehow taking advantage of those less fortunate? would you rather deny them an income because it hurts your western education/propaganda filled collective ethnic pride?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's not even a fair point

it's the usual liberalist nonsense wrapped up in guilt shaming bollocks as per

because of uk corporations taking advantage of a global income disparity ie outsourcing work from the uk, we're obliged to open the door to the millions of inhabitants of countries and continents that vastly outnumber our population

why? how does that even work? is that sustainable in ur head?

are you solely talking about colonisation when you refer to this taking advantage of cheap labour? or are you generally against a free market economy?

do you disagree with outsourcing work to the developing world because it's somehow taking advantage of those less fortunate? would you rather deny them an income because it hurts your western education/propaganda filled collective ethnic pride?

I take it you're a heavy supporter of nationalism (tribalism)? If so there is no point debating.

But one thing i would say to a nationalist/statist/conservative is that as much as you lot like to harp on about EU immigration, you should speak out about corporations outsourcing cheap labour and resources. Every poor country is a cornerstone prepping up the strength of the pound dollar and euro via the petro dollar (worlds reserve currency).

Unsustainable?

The world has been on a unsustainable slope for many years but sure lets focus on immigrants and not speak about natural resources, pollution and all the other depths britain and most of the west go to continue their prepped standard of living while the rest of the world burns.

I can't reason with this type of sick tribal ideology. 

u didn't answer any of my questions mate

i'm no longer a supporter of nationalism at all na

i'm happy to watch the inevitable disassembly of english society n maybe exploit any opportunities that may arise aka i am a selfish prick

i'm out of the debate really

but yours is the type of sick leftist holier than thou ideology that can't be reasoned with

i'm trying to grasp your reasoning behind your opinion that open borders are morally deserved due to companies outsourcing.......and you start harping on about natural resources, how is that relevant

the developing world is indeed propping up the developed, as the developed world is in turn propping up developing world

globalisation works both ways, someone will always have an upper hand, that's capitalism for u kid, ur not doing anything about the polarisation of wealth with ur little bitch moaning

n neither is the open borders of the UK or europe for that matter, it's not an apology for the sins of colonialism, it's simply another power move by those in charge, they only stand to win

the erosion of the uk's middle class might put a smile on ur face but it doesn't hurt any of those guy's u've got a hard on for that are using up the planet's resources

so yeah anyway......obviously it's unsustainable and ur arguments are bullshit and illogical 

people jus feel inclined to agree cos u made a passing mention of colonialism