David Luiz

Mame Biram Diouf

Horrible defender

Super footballer

Great human

this has become one of those things that's overstated, he was far from horrible at Chelsea

he just doesn't suit a system made for robotic players like Cahill

I aint watched him at PSG though, have you?

No hes horrible

He has no positioning, no concentration, can not command the backline

All he has is recovery pace/athleticism/aggression/TEKKERS

Kompany all day imo, there are different degrees of being 'unable to defend'

Kompany is an athletic aggressive stopper, best suited to playing alongside a more subtle sweeper able to cover, ala Demichelis

It's all about pairs that complement eachother and its possible they could make a good duo, but Luiz doesn't have the concentration to make up for Kompanys (and his own) rashness

Kompany is a rash defender

Luiz is a rash DM played at CB

What about that indicated that?

Kompany is too rash and is error prone, but is overrated for being a hardman ala Terry (who is superior to Kompany but less athletic)

Luiz is just horrible at all aspects of defending bar bravery, which most technical defenders lack

Decision making - horrible

Concentration - horrible

Positioning - horrible

Tekkers - brilliant

Horrible defender

Super footballer

Great human

this has become one of those things that's overstated, he was far from horrible at Chelsea

he just doesn't suit a system made for robotic players like Cahill

I aint watched him at PSG though, have you?

No hes horrible

He has no positioning, no concentration, can not command the backline

All he has is recovery pace/athleticism/aggression/TEKKERS

No positioning? I'm talking about his time at Chelsea here.This was few and far between. The only difference between him and everyone else was that when he'd get caught out it'd be obvious and pundit and the like would be licking their lips at being able to point it out. Poor concentration... I'll give you that but Luiz had no where to hide his deficiencies and that's why I say his flaws are overstated. As for commanding the backline, there's only one player at Chelsea that could.

Luiz is a rash DM played at CB

Luiz was never anything other than a stopgap in DM. Under Benitez he got the basics oh so wrong and even under Mourinho you could see he wasn't used to having such little time on the ball in a more advanced position.

What about that indicated that?

Kompany is too rash and is error prone, but is overrated for being a hardman ala Terry (who is superior to Kompany but less athletic)

Luiz is just horrible at all aspects of defending bar bravery, which most technical defenders lack

Decision making - horrible

Concentration - horrible

Positioning - horrible

Tekkers - brilliant

Kompany is the same but it's not there to be highlighted by the media because he is one of the poster boys for PL(sometimes imagine what they hype would be like if he was English)

Them things you listed about Luiz it's the same for Kompany minus the technique part

Last season against Barca he cost them the game when he got Demichelis sent off plus I know for sure Kompany will do the same again especially against MSN

david luiz defended well in the cl final

and has defended well on many occasions 

vincent kompany can not defend at all and the only thing he has going for him is that he can speak well and is always open to talking to the media

Yeah he definitely cost them the game, he fucked up in about 10 big games last year and Demi got the stick instead of him

However he is much better positionally than Luiz, and could never put in a performance like Luiz at the WC

Kompany is not as good as he is made out to be, but he's not awful, he's just overrated, he is basically a more athletic Vidic

Flawed, but with a stable partner beside him he can form a bedrock defence 

His flaws and mistakes come from part of what makes him a defender - he is an aggresive stopper, it's his job to step out of the line early and nip the attack in the bud. This will occasionally land him in trouble, just like being a keeper thats v quick off the line ala Schmeichel will land you in trouble

You can't have two defenders who back off and sweep ala Demichelis / Carvalho / Ferdinand / Mertesacker, it invites too much pressure and you end up in your own box, you need one of these complimentary partnerships, and he plays the role pretty well, and most of his errors are germane to playing that role

Luiz on the otherhand, just makes errors from plain bad judgement, or not concentrating and letting runners go, there's no excuse for that stuff

Kompany can be weak on one-on-ones but you actually have to beat him / turn him high up the pitch to get the better of him

You don't even have to do that with Luiz, he will just forget you are there and start dreaming about combing his jew fro

vincent kompany can not defend at all and the only thing he has going for him is that he can speak well and is always open to talking to the media

Lol Kompany has not defended well on many occasions? Nonsense

Swap company and Luiz at the WC and the result would not have been as horrendous

Breaf-loaf head certainly wouldn't have sprinted out of the defence to close down a centreback and left a huge gap, and then not been bothered to sprint back

Lol Kompany has not defended well on many occasions? Nonsense

Swap company and Luiz at the WC and the result would not have been as horrendous

Breaf-loaf head certainly wouldn't have sprinted out of the defence to close down a centreback and left a huge gap, and then not been bothered to sprint back

Kompany has never been a good defender

Trust me on this nor has Luiz but the thing is Luiz has turned up in big games(bar last summer's semi-final) but Vincent always gets found out

Hardly

Considering I said myself he fucked up vs Barca (and other big games last season), Decmichelis was always the more assured of the two

Luiz failed to turn up to the biggest game in his life

Not only did he fail to turn up

He turned in the worst defence performance i have seen in my life

In my life

On the biggest occasional of all

I have never seen as bad an expectation vs performance from anybody ever

It is one thing to shit yourself and drop deep vs Barca and get caught out, it's another to lose your marker at a corner, lose your marker in open play, run out of defence to close down a CB, get caught out playing at LB when the ball is being slotted through the middle

He just cannot concentrate, at all

luis gustavo was the worst 

he got tagged it in the first ten minutes and was frozen waiting for his team mates to untag him so he can move again

No Luiz was the worst

Everybody else was a victim of a relentless pressing game and were suffocated and stifled, the match followed a fairly predictable pattern from a tactical point of view

Luiz in all of that actually managed to make his own problems, completely separate to the tactical ones the team suffered

I can not believe he had the audacity to jog back to the box after running out and exposing his backline - there is poor play, and then there is poor attitude, not only did he play badly, he decided to give up

It makes me angry thinking about it

Must have missed Luiz letting Muller go and then getting blocked off for the first goal 

Second goal Marcelo plays Muller onside, Dante steps up, Luiz literally makes no effort to do anything, walks forward, the ball goes past him and Dante, and he walks back and watches Germany score, absolutely no effort, disgusting

Third goal - overall shit play from everyone

Fourth goal - Fernandinho loses the ball infront of the defence, Germany have a 3 vs 2, Captain Luiz makes no effort to do anything but slowly jog back and watch them score, bare in mind Fernandinho and Dante are haring back and forth trying to intercept the pinpoint passes in the box

Fith goal - charges out of defence to tackle Matts Hummels, BOTTLES OUT at the last second, and leaves the defence exposed, Germany score

6th goal - Schweinster arrives in the box and scores right infront of him

7th goal - fails to track Schuurle, Schuurle scores

I will make gifs of this shit tomorrow when I am at work

The guy had a hand in 6 of the 7 goals, gave the ball away CONSTANTLY, should have bene sent off for elbows, kicking out at Muller, numerous times that DIDN'T lead to goals when he lost the ball high up the pitch and failed to get back into position

He even provided a backpass to Muller ffs, but the chance ended up being saved

He is a disgrace

Never seen someone unravel so completely in a big match

Exhibit A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lwy28KHcvw

1st goal Luiz's fault he lost Muller

2nd goal Marcelo's fault he played Muller on side

3rd goal Came down Marcelo's side

4th goal Fernandinho lost the ball

5th goal Hummels beat Luiz and Gustavo to a 50-0 but however Dante gets turned three times

6th goal a low cross into the box which Schurrle arrives late into the box the whole teams fault

7th goal Julio Cesar's fault how are you getting beaten like that at your near post

I suggest re-watch the video post or unless you have your own edit copy because I fail to see how he had a hand in 6 of 7 goals or I must be blind and losing it

Exhibit A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lwy28KHcvw

1st goal Luiz's fault he lost Muller

2nd goal Marcelo's fault he played Muller on side

3rd goal Came down Marcelo's side

4th goal Fernandinho lost the ball

5th goal Hummels beat Luiz and Gustavo to a 50-0 but however Dante gets turned three times

6th goal a low cross into the box which Schurrle arrives late into the box the whole teams fault

7th goal Julio Cesar's fault how are you getting beaten like that at your near post

I suggest re-watch the video post or unless you have your own edit copy because I fail to see how he had a hand in 6 of 7 goals or I must be blind and losing it

1st goal - Luiz

2nd - Marcelo poor line, Luiz choses to be an observer in the box 

3rd, midfield, should have tracked the runs, it came from the left but nobody should have been free to shoot

4th goal Fernandinho lost the ball, but look at Luiz positioning, and look at the complete lack of effort he makes to track back, the moment he saw Fernandinho being closed down, he should have sprinted toward the edge of his box, not only did he not anticipate it, when the counter was in full effect, he jogged as if he was warming up on the side lines. Absolutely no effort

5th goal lol what do you mean he beat Luiz, the ball was on the half way line. The rest of the backline were where they should have been, Luiz ran 15 yards out of position to make a tackle in a place he shouldnt have, and then had the cheek to bottle out of the challenge, that then left Dante by himself, that was completely Luiz fault - even if the ball had been put through Gustavo - there is absoutely no reason for Luiz to be out of position

6th goal - Luiz asleep again. Runners should have been tracked into the box, but absolutely no way should Luiz have been unaware and beaten across the near post like that, poor

7th goal - The finish was questionable but once again he was caught out of position and Schurrle ran past him and had a free shot at goal

I will gif tomorrow!

Dante is getting turned inside out

Marcelo playing Muller on while the line is perfect and everyone has pushed up

Fernandinho giving the ball away

Two crosses coming into the box

An ageing keeper getting beat at his near post

Thats all Luiz's fault

Adrian Chiles and Andy Townsend are leaving so I think you would be perfect for ITV

Dante getting turned inside out because Luiz leaves him in a 3 v 2 you mean

Luiz should be closer to Dante to cover the gap at the near post, instead he stays flat-footed and two men beat him to the ball

2vlp7yw.png

The ONLY ball on, is a square one across the box to the middle of the goal, and Schurrle is in Luiz eyeline and has began to move, Luiz SHOULD make the move indicated by the blue arrow and cover the space, instead, he fails to anticipate (again) the danger, doesn't take responsability, marks noone, and Germany score. Someone can not have a free shot in the middle of the goal with two CB's in the box

Germany-006.gif

Regardless of anything else that happened. He should have been in position to stop the shot, he should have seen the danger, but he did neither