David Luiz

Mame Biram Diouf

What about the midfielder runner(Ramires the irony) it's not his fault for losing Schurrle nah?

I think you are confused about what happened, Schurrle wasn't a midfield runner, he was in the box inbetween the two CB's, and spun off Luiz, and then ran back in

2u4myyc.png

The red arrow is Ramirez, the blue one is Schurrle, and the white Arrow is the movement that Dante will have to make to cover the near post once Khedira receives the ball

Once Khedira receives the ball he plays it to Muller, Dante closes the angle for the shot, and (I;m not sure who - Oscar?) closes the man

You can clearly see Luiz here with an (undeserved) star above his head, looking right at Schurrle as he spins off

2z8raq9.png

YET We still arrive at this situation, the movement Luiz should make but doesn't

2vlp7yw.png

Failing to anticipate the danger

Germany-006.gif

POOR

As for the fourth goal

Fernandinho receives the ball with his back to Kroos, again, Luiz can see the whole picture, and should head for the edge of the box in anticipation of Fernandinho losing it (naturally, he doesn't)

16kv2ba.png

Kroos wins the ball, which means dante will have to step out (providing Kroos makes the right choice, which he does)

Luiz, in the meantime, has still made no efforts to get back into position, or anticipate  the only run that Khedira can make

29vyovl.png

Kroos pushes the ball right, which means Dante has to come across toward him, meanwhile, Khedira makes a run inbetween Luiz & Dante

10rokdg.png

Once again, Luiz can see this happening, and makes very little effort to snuff out the danger (compared to Dante who is caught in a sh*t situation, absolutely f*cked, and sprints back and forth trying to rectify it, and Fernandinho, who busted a gut to win the ball back.

Khedira gets the ball, and plays it back into Kroos path, who has an easy tap in

Notice at the start of this move breakdown, Luiz has

1. A full view of what is happening

2. the Horizontal lines on the pitch indicate that he has a FIVE YARD headstart on Fernandinho, in addition to the foreknowledge of what was about to happen

Yet as you can see here, Fernandinho managed to beat Luiz back into the penalty box in time to make a failed interception (twice) despite being taken by surprise by a challenge from behind, while Luiz had not even entered the box

2efrssy.png

No ability to sense the danger

No effort to bust a gut to get back

Finally trotts into the area after kroos has scored

el6znp.png

That's shameful stuff

So yeah, not his fault that Ferdandinho lost the ball, but absolutely his fault that he failed to spot the danger and couldn't be arsed to sprint into the box, just watch the video and look how he jogs back

This guy can not defend at all lol, the basics are not there with him, at all

Nope thats Fernandinho fault for being sh*t on the ball

He was sh*t on the ball, the point is Luiz had poor

Anticipation

Determination

Positioning

You can not walk around the pitch and expect nobody to lose the ball, or play a stray pass, and had he done his job and covered once Fernandinho was obviously going to lose it, the goal MIGHT have been averted

But he didn't do his job, he decided as captain of his team in the biggest game in his life, it would be more appropriate to slowly amble back and enjoy Germanys goal with the rest of the neutrals

How can you have a passenger in defence

A luxury centre-back that has to be carried by the rest of the team, never heard of such a concept  :lmao:

The thing Luiz is the scapegoat but in truth

Dante was awful so scared just stood still

Didn't even want the ball he went into hiding but nobody is going to blame him because he doesn't play in PL and his mistakes aren't highlighted like Luiz is.

You talk about never knowing an luxury CB

Kompany is the same

Don't let the armband and politeness to the media fool you

Number of times this guy gets span and made to dance is countless not forgetting the way he charges up the pitch

I wish Thiago Silva played that game

No not because the score would of been less because he is another awful CB it got proven against Holland

He should of seen red against Robben and he got done by Robben so many times

Luiz had an awful game but he wasn't the only one

I never know a CB being at fault for having a shit DM in front of him who cannot string a simple for yard pass

Fifth goal, Hummels strides forward out of his own half

14se2va.png

Luiz makes the bizarre decision (very early on) to leave his CB parter isolated and rush out to meet him, 15 yards inside the Brazil half

2uxzspj.png

To make matters worse, he actually bottles out of the challenge. I don't think you can comprehend the seriousness of a CB bottling out of a challenge, against another CB no less. That's like someone taking your girl off your arm in a club and whining her up.

Hummels wins the challenge, which turns into a pass for Muller

As you can see below, Luiz gets the 'c*nt gold star' for being wildly out of position, yet again, and leaving his CB partner on his own vs 3 attackers, Khedira, Ozil & Klose - that must be fun

2gwuasj.png

Germany score.

So, lets say you disagree with the last post I made

We have

1. Letting Muller score from the corner

2. Letting Schurrle score from a cross

3.  Running out, bottling out of a challenge, and then leaving his team exposed

So far

I have never seen a man solely responsible for 3 goals in one match of such importance, and thats without going through Schurrles other goal either

Kompany is NOT a luxury defender, I don't even rate him that highly, but he does not have to be CARRIED, people can get past him or spin him but they have to put in some effort to do so, you don't need with with Luiz, just let him self-destruct out of his own stupidity

As you can see Luiz seems to swan about as if he doesn't have to put in the effort the other players do, disgraceful

I actually feel bad for Dante, I don't rate him too much either but he did the textbook things you should do given the circumstances - close down the angles and try to limit the opposition to the worst opportunity available

The last diagram is a reach

He charged into midfield because Fernandinho e Luiz Gustavo were not doing their jobs

If I am a CB and have two dusty DMs in front of me I would do the same.

As for Dante he had Maicon and Marcelo so he wasn't on his own.

Luiz went in for a 50-50 with Hummels and lost out what did Dante do? Nothing instead of letting Luiz carry the can.

Like I said Luiz is solely at fault for the 1st and 6th goal it's reaching trying to blame him for mistakes of others.

The way Marcelo has got away with criticism its unreal

Seventh goal

For once, Luiz is proactive in the right manner, closing down Lahm and conceeding a throw

25a6a7m.png

The throw is taken down the line to Muller, who is closed down by Dante, but Luiz hasn't bothered to get back (again) Schurrle is bothered, and makes a run into the gap Luiz left

243gsbt.png

The ball is clipped over to Schurrle, who isn't tracked properly by Luiz who is out of position yet again, and Schurrle scores - perhaps he shouldn't have, but it was awful defending once again, he shouldn't have been free inside the area

4vfwgl.png

0 positioning sense

He charged into midfield because Fernandinho e Luiz Gustavo were not doing their jobs

He charged into midfield because he makes poor decisions, as it proved to be when Germany scored after having 3 players goalside of the ball

If I am a CB and have two dusty DMs in front of me I would do the same.

Then you would be an awful CB, and should immediately retract your comments about rash CB's getting out of position ALA Terry, Vidic etc, if you have shit DM's infront of you it is all the more important that you keep your shape

As for Dante he had Maicon and Marcelo so he wasn't on his own.

On his own in the middle, where the other CB is supposed to be

Luiz went in for a 50-50 with Hummels and lost out what did Dante do? Nothing instead of letting Luiz carry the can.

He DIDN'T go in for the 50 50, that's the point, if he did he would have smashed into hummels and the ball would have squirmed free or popped up in the air, he bottled out.

Dante isn't to be questioned in that situation, there was little he could do

Like I said Luiz is solely at fault for the 1st and 6th goal it's reaching trying to blame him for mistakes of others.

What mistakes did 'others' make that lead to the goal where he rushed out? There was NO goal threat, at all from Hummels until Luiz vacated the back line with his poor decision making

Definitely not, he is the solely at fault for 3 definite chances

Schurrle x 2

Muller

Khedira

And he was culpable in two others

Marcelo played shit, but he at least gave it everything

Luiz played shit AND was lazy

Kompany can defend and is far better

Indeed it's not even a debate

Porchy you are just being biased

If you cannot see the problems with Luiz then you don't know about the art of defending, the shit a defender has between his ears, the stuff he does off the ball, what he sees, moves that are snuffed out just by tracking a players movement and no longer making passing to them a viable option

Anticipation

Decision making

Positional sense

Concentration

Temperament 

Are all key

Luiz is poor with all of them

• 2 weeks later...

What about that indicated that?

Kompany is too rash and is error prone, but is overrated for being a hardman ala Terry (who is superior to Kompany but less athletic)

Luiz is just horrible at all aspects of defending bar bravery, which most technical defenders lack

Decision making - horrible

Concentration - horrible

Positioning - horrible

Tekkers - brilliant

Kompany is the same but it's not there to be highlighted by the media because he is one of the poster boys for PL(sometimes imagine what they hype would be like if he was English)

Them things you listed about Luiz it's the same for Kompany minus the technique part

Last season against Barca he cost them the game when he got Demichelis sent off plus I know for sure Kompany will do the same again especially against MSN

I wasn't lying

Definitely the Belgian Rooney

Was dropped today