Group D - England v Costa Rica & Italy v Uruguay

Admin.

article-2663511-1EF4A0E800000578-133_634

these corporations got too much money tied up in the Rooney brand

in 90 mins he behaved like a #10 should on about 2 occasions - that would add up to 40-50 secs of play :lol:

guy's horrible and stays congesting play

things only ever get better when he's out the way but with Gerrard's impending retirement he's the new captain 

Stevie needs to retire and I think he will after this tournament.

On the point of the goal though I don't understand how anybody could excuse the defending.

As a defender seeing Cavani and Gerrard contest that header you anticipate defending against that ball being flicked on, especially against Suarez.

/

I wonder if the England camp are anywhere near as divided as the fan base. After every tournament it's the same shit, finger pointing at players of other clubs who've hurt their feelings at one point or another regardless of the circumstances.

Haven't seen anyone excuse the defending any where.

Have you?

It only took me going back one page to find someone blaming Gerrard for the goal with no mention of the defending.

lol @ blaming Gerrard for the winning goal

piss off the ball has come 90 yards from a goal kick, there is no excuse not to cut that out easily. His legs were gone and he barley f*cking jumped.

England got nothing to lose, take Bielsa, give him the keys to the city

least it'll be entertaining and he'll leave something worthwhile behind 

• Upvote 1

Have you?

It only took me going back one page to find someone blaming Gerrard for the goal with no mention of the defending.

piss off the ball has come 90 yards from a goal kick, there is no excuse not to cut that out easily. His legs were gone and he barley f*cking jumped.

He was the main reason for that goal.

Gerrard loves the blame game as well

Go on...

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/81653-match-day-8-col-civ-england-uruguay-jpn-grc/page-32

See Rsonist's post.

:rofl:

Won't see another foreign English manager till after the next WC imo.

They'll let Roy slip up at the Euro's then give him the next WC.

Probably get 0 points for the whole thing.

Then people will want a foreign manager.

Have you?

Go on...

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/81653-match-day-8-col-civ-england-uruguay-jpn-grc/page-32

See Rsonist's post.

Rsonist's post uses the headlines of bastions of journalistic integrity such as the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror to get a laugh but anyone using it to draw real conclusions is soft in the head.

I can't even be arsed to actually read all the quotes to highlight how simplistic the headlines are or type in 'John Terry blames', 'jose Mourinho blames' ''alex ferguson blames', etc into google. It's pointless.

To say he was the main reason for that goal is so stupid I don't know where to begin, he contested a header and didn't get a good enough contact on it to guide it where he wanted.

It happens about 5 - 10 times a game.

Roy weren't built for this 'proactive' style they kept talking about

hindsight's a bitch but he got further playing his 'small country in a big world' system

coulda took Terry and his pal Cole and did the same as he did during the Euros - achieve a respectable knock-out-stage failure

this tek era people on here talk about will never happen, not with the coaches they select and the lack of foresight/politicking involved

look at Chile/Mexico - best coached sides in the tournament judging by their play as compared to their personnel

then again Bielsa's like using a cheat code

but Martinez  took over Everton from Moyes and within a season they're playing some of the best football in England

so surely it can't be that hard - under the right coaching - to play something resembling 21st centrury football on the international stage

just contradicted myself, this must be how Kim feels when she types them long rants :lol:

He is hypocrite this you cannot deny

You seem to be talking in random fits and spurts, what are you alluding to?

You need to stop defending Gerrard especially in England shirt because he hasn't had a good game since that game against Germany@Euro 2000.

Gerrard said players like Cristiano Ronaldo are spoiling football(in his own autobiography) by diving.

We all know Gerrard loves a dive and even tried one last night.

Roy weren't built for this 'proactive' style they kept talking about

hindsight's a bitch but he got further playing his 'small country in a big world' system

coulda took Terry and his pal Cole and did the same as he did during the Euros - achieve a respectable knock-out-stage failure

this tek era people on here talk about will never happen, not with the coaches they select and the lack of foresight/politicking involved

look at Chile/Mexico - best coached sides in the tournament judging by their play as compared to their personnel

then again Bielsa's like using a cheat code

but Martinez  took over Everton from Moyes and within a season they're playing some of the best football in England

so surely it can't be that hard - under the right coaching - to play something resembling 21st centrury football on the international stage

just contradicted myself, this must be how Kim feels when she types them long rants :lol:

I'm not a fan of Hodgson and expected a safety first approach at this World Cup, but after seeing how he lined up against Italy I accepted that I was wrong and gave him credit for stepping outside his comfort zone. The team played on the front foot and took the game to Italy, were it not for his reluctance to address the Rooney situation more directly I think he'd have got a result.

After that game I was optimistic about the Uruguay game but it seems like the team resorted to what I expected him to do for the Italy game, I think this is the reason yesterday was so disappointing for people. I was speaking with someone the other day who tried to say the performance against Italy wasn't much different than the game in 2012, I had to bow out and accept some people can't separate performances and results. 

The fact that the same things get said by the same people regardless of how the game went just makes me dismiss their opinion.

I'd love to hear people's opinions on where it went wrong that go further than shitty soundbites that they throw out after every game as a way of saying 'look I told you so and so is shit blah blah blah'. 
  • Upvote 1

Have you?

Go on...

See Rsonist's post.

Rsonist's post uses the headlines of bastions of journalistic integrity such as the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror to get a laugh but anyone using it to draw real conclusions is soft in the head.

I can't even be arsed to actually read all the quotes to highlight how simplistic the headlines are or type in 'John Terry blames', 'jose Mourinho blames' ''alex ferguson blames', etc into google. It's pointless.

To say he was the main reason for that goal is so stupid I don't know where to begin, he contested a header and didn't get a good enough contact on it to guide it where he wanted.

It happens about 5 - 10 times a game.

To be honest I don't really care about all the blame stuff.

It's football and it's fickle as shit.

/

Gerrard had 2 options forwards or backwards.

Dunno why anyone would choose to head it backwards in that time of the game and that situation.