Group F - Argentina v Nigeria & Bosnia + Herz v Iran

Admin.

15 JUN 2014 Argentina v Bosnia and Herzegovina 11pm sm_bbc1hd.gif

16 JUN 2014 Iran v Nigeria 8pm sm_bbc1hd.gif

21 JUN 2014 Argentina v Iran 5pm sm_itv1hd.gif

21 JUN 2014 Nigeria v Bosnia and Herzegovina 11pm sm_bbc1hd.gif

25 JUN 2014 Nigeria v Argentina/Bosnia and Herzegovina v Iran 5pm sm_itv1hd.gif

arg.pngArgentina: 15 Apps, 2 wins.

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Monaco), Mariano Andujar (Catania), Agustin Orion (Boca Juniors).

Defenders: Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon), Jose-Maria Basanta (Monterrey), Hugo Campagnaro (Inter Milan), Martin Demichelis (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid), Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's Old Boys), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Augusto Fernandez (Celta Vigo), Enzo Perez (Benfica).

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain), Rodrigo Palacio (Inter Milan).

bih.pngBosnia and Herzegovina: 0 Apps, 0 wins.

Goalkeepers: Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Jasmin Fejzic (Aalen), Asmir Avdukic (Toronto Raptors).

Defenders: Emir Spahic (Bayer Leverkusen), Toni Sunjic (Zorya Luhansk), Sead Kolasinac (Schalke), Ognjen Vranjes (Elazigspor), Ermin Bicakcic (Eintracht Braunschweig), Muhamed Besic (Ferencvaros), Mensur Mujdza (Freiburg).

Midfielders: Miralem Pjanic (Roma), Izet Hajrovic (Galatasaray), Haris Medunjanin (Gaziantepspor), Senad Lulic (Lazio), Anel Hadzic (Sturm Graz), Tino-Sven Susic (Hajduk Split), Sejad Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Zvjezdan Misimovic (Guizhou Renhe), Senijad Ibricic (Erciyespor), Avdija Vrsajevic (Hajduk Split).

Forwards: Vedad Ibisevic (Stuttgart), Edin Dzeko (Manchester City), Edin Visca (Istanbul Buyuksehir).

irn.pngIran: 3 Apps, 0 wins.

Goalkeepers: Daniel Davari (Eintracht Braunschweig), Alireza Haghighi (Sporting Covilha, on loan from Rubin Kazan), Rahman Ahmadi (Sepahan).

Defenders: Hossein Mahini (Persepolis), Steven Beitashour (Vancouver Whitecaps), Pejman Montazeri (Umm Salal), Jalal Hosseini (Persepolis), Amir-Hossein Sadeghi (Esteghlal), Ahmad Alenemeh (Naft), Hashem Beikzadeh (Esteghlal), Mehrdad Pouladi (Persepolis).

Midfielders: Javad Nekounam (Kuwait SC), Andranik Teymourian (Esteghlal), Reza Haghighi (Persepolis), Ghasem Haddadifar (Zob Ahan), Bakhtiar Rahmani (Foolad), Ehsan Hajsafi (Sepahan).

Forwards: Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham), Masoud Shojaei (Las Palmas), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (NEC Nijmegen), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Charlton), Karim Ansarifard (Tractor Saz, on loan from Persepolis), Khosro Heydari (Esteghlal

nga.pngNigeria: Apps 4, Matches Fixed 5.

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille), Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United).

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco), Efe Ambrose (Celtic), Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kenneth Omeruo (Middlesbrough), Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod), Joseph Yobo (Norwich, on loan from Fenerbahce), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine Stars).

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea), Ramon Azeez (Almeria), Ogenyi Onazi (Lazio), Reuben Gabriel (Waasland-Beveren), Michael Babatunde (Volyn Lutsk).

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow), Shola Ameobi (Newcastle), Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce), Michael Uchebo (Cercle Brugge), Peter Odemwingie (Stoke), Victor Moses (Liverpool, on loan from Chelsea), Uche Nwofor (Heerenveen)

• Upvote 3

Keshi is stubborn.

He is trying to push these home grown policy which is cool and worked in his era in the 90s. But the game as advanced so much from then.

Then he decides to shop around the continent then selects ameobi. Wtf?

No obinna, olaitan etc.

They are a couple decent players missing from that squad.

he should have kept the acon team tbh. Put my jersey on ebay because this team has been shambles with the whole match fixing thing...

Rooting for other af teams tbh

• Downvote 1

Messi threw up again ?

• 2 weeks later...

Opinions on Argentina after yesterday's display?

First half I thought messi was receiving the ball from such deep positions he is always going to take at least five touches and he was clamped down again and again.

With the switches in the second half messi was receiving the ball in key areas further up the field making his dribbles more effective.

Personally I would drop kun for the third match (Iran in the second match should be a formality) I find his style of play does not suit messi. Huguian needs to start added the extra width which was missing in the first

Opinions on Argentina after yesterday's display?

First half I thought messi was receiving the ball from such deep positions he is always going to take at least five touches and he was clamped down again and again.

With the switches in the second half messi was receiving the ball in key areas further up the field making his dribbles more effective.

Personally I would drop kun for the third match (Iran in the second match should be a formality) I find his style of play does not suit messi. Huguian needs to start added the extra width which was missing in the first

Need more service.

Di Maria got me mad....guys movement was excellent but his distribution was piss poor

Maxi Rodrigez was ASS. guy shouldnt be in the team.

Rojo aint ready. Guy reminds me of Tottenham Fullbacks. Pure Running for nuttin.

Aguero looked MAD lazy. Wasnt making room for himself. Literaly...Bosnian defence has him on smash... gets marked by two man.....doesnt move...just stays there still caling for the ball.

Messi Was piss poor till that excellence he pulled off. Held the ball for way too long tryna run through players like he does at Barca.

Zabs was good

Higuain looked trash when he came on as well.

Defence was pretty good though. Locked down a lot.

They need to do more progressive passing. There's no transition between midfield and the forwards to make dangerous attacks which is where usually messi comes into play but wasn't capable yesterday.

If Di Maria passing was better i guarantee that game would of been a wrap. 

Keshi is stubborn.

He is trying to push these home grown policy which is cool and worked in his era in the 90s. But the game as advanced so much from then.

No obinna, olaitan etc.

he should have kept the acon team tbh. Put my jersey on ebay because this team has been shambles with the whole match fixing thing...

Been doing this since 06, hopefully GH and IC hold it down.

• Downvote 1

Keshi is stubborn.

No obinna, olaitan etc.

What about Algeria?

• Downvote 1

Defence is all wrong. They look uncomfortable using three at the back and also the wingbacks didn't look clever at all.

If Argentina are going to try and rely on individual brillance to win them games all the time then it they are going home early.

Not everyday Mexico 86

Keshi is stubborn.

No obinna, olaitan etc.

What about Algeria?

Algeria are hopeless like us i feel, what good players do they have?

Keshi is stubborn.

No obinna, olaitan etc.

What about Algeria?

Algeria are hopeless like us i feel, what good players do they have?

Going forward they have 5 or 6 who are so dangerpus in particular Feghouli et Brahimi

• 2 weeks later...

Nigeria v Argentina - 5PM -  ITV

Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran - 5PM -  ITV4

Expecting messi to do a mad one today

need to get back in the betting, bottled it in these last group games.

I've said the same thing last two games, not expecting anything tonight

scored 2 messi throw back thursday goals

Leo>>>

Gona spazz tonite i bet you

scored 2 messi throw back thursday goals

Leo>>>

Gona spazz tonite i bet you

Don't get me wrong his goals were great.

But his performance so far has been underwhelming, looks so off the ball

Guest freestacks

Carm on nigeria

these nigerians aint serious

bussing up during their anthem :rofl: