Gravity

Guest 90210

• 3 months later...

only 1 film out this week, which was Gravity.

which was below average to say the least. I could tell during scenes that I was supposed to care about the characters, but I just didn't, because they were underdeveloped. 

don't believe the hype about the CGI/ 3D being better than other films either, they're good enough, but nothing outstanding to make a poor plot worth watching. 

Thor has better CGI and 3D, and a good plot. ( I think best soundtrack this year is a tie between Rush and Thor )

:/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought gravity was ok nothing great about it really.

i mean it did touch a nerve.... the perception of not making it, dieing in space... trying your utmost to survive by what you know/new in your training and by what your friend told you... being out in that big space by yourself must be so scary

then landing on earth

was kind of boring/shit in some aspects but overall it was quite capturing

I thought gravity was ok nothing great about it really.

i mean it did touch a nerve.... the perception of not making it, dieing in space... trying your utmost to survive by what you know/new in your training and by what your friend told you... being out in that big space by yourself must be so scary

then landing on earth

was kind of boring/sh*t in some aspects but overall it was quite capturing

Yeah definitly the thought of being alone and no one could hear you would be horrible!!

But for me just didn't go that extra step was lacking something

The Town, excellent film

my top crime film, and that film is in my all time top 10, definitely excellent

/

Gravity lacked any kind of depth. Too short, under developed. Could have started the story before they flew to space and developed the characters/mission a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Just Watched Gravity, why the fuck is it so highly rated? thought it was wack tbh

• Upvote 2

Surely it has to be down to the technical aesthetics? That I can understand as you've got 2 people virtually in some mechanical moving chair for X amount of time before adding in the graphics, but as a story? I suppose it's one of these Oscar bait films, released at the right time with the right backers and 2 of Hollywood's most likeable stars.