Denzel Washington Thread

Em Dott

anyone seen book of eli yet?
Watched it yesterday night. Bag of sh*t.Pretty much no plot, no character development, twist was alright, but still swag. Basically, nothing was really thought through at all and seemed like it was kinda just a film going on and going on with no direction or purpose. Almost crashed at a few points in the film but woke myself up to avoid an argument form the missus about how I'm not spending time with her. Few of teh semi-action scenes were alright still. But I was extremely dissappointed with Gary Oldman and Denzel Washington for being part of this sh*t.Not worth going cinema for at all IMO. Was going to be pissed as I paid for tickets and food, but Cineworld in Wood Green have Bargain Tuesday so both adult tickets came to less than a tenner so not all was lost.But yeah, swag film.

watched book of eli few hours agosick .. enjoyed the film. wud reccommend
Saw that today. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say I recommend it. It was well acted, well made and a decent film but I didn't actually notice much of a storyline. There was the dude doing the thing and that was all it was about.Also, in the advert they made it seem like a lot more people were bothered about that book than actually were.

Both of you chat sh*t. Book of Eli was bollocks aside from the action scenes.
Lol f*ck you, I refuse to admit that about a Denzel film.
I know, i was fighting with myself for about 15 minutes trying to believe it was too deep for me, but it was impossible to ignore that the film was complete and utter bollocks. Seriously. No one should pay to watch that movie. EVER!!! And what makes it worse was Gary Oldman was in it as well. He's a top tier actor ie. Leon and Dark Knight. How the f*ck did they both sign on to this project and actually go through with it?!
Film was watchable though, let's not act like it was total trash. The action scenes were good and they were the majority and it was well acted. I like the idea but didn't like the plot (coz there wasn't one). I think that's probably how Denzel and Oldman ended up doing it.

• 3 months later...
I dunno I just wasn't expecting to guess the issue in the first 15 minutes - Was expecting a next twist. I suppose they did do a good Job at trying to pull you in 1 direction though, Still a Quality movie regardless, gave it an 8/10
You guessed what was happening in the first 15mins???Had me going till the end, wasn't really predictable tbh
Yea my Old Man did the same thing aswell when he watched it. Just seemed to bait that he was gonna turn out to be one of the mental cases.Watched Book of Eli last night, That had a small twist at the end that I didn't even notice through the whole movie lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Esquilax
Just finished Se7en, good film, starting Book of Eli now, must have about 50 films on my laptop I downloaded but haven't watched.
lol from 1 end of the spectrum straughty into the other
Lololol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...