Match Day 1 - Brazil v Croatia + Opening Ceremony

Admin.

ITV 9PM KICK OFF

Head-to-head

Brazil beat Croatia 1-0 with a goal from Kaka in their only previous World Cup meeting during the 2006 group stage in Berlin.

The two sides drew 1-1 in Split in August 2005 in their only other encounter.

Brazil

Brazil have won their last nine matches, scoring 30 goals and conceding only two.

Their only defeat in the last 21 games came against Switzerland last August (W16, D4, L1).

They are unbeaten in 37 matches in Brazil since a home defeat by Paraguay in 2002.

Brazil are taking part in their 20th World Cup. They are the only team to have taken part in every single tournament.

They have won the most games (67) and scored the most goals (210) at the World Cup.

Only six members of the current 23-man squad have World Cup experience.

Neymar has scored 22 goals in his last 28 international appearances.

Croatia

They are unbeaten in the five matches since Niko Kovac took charge last October, winning three games and drawing two.

Croatia lost three matches for the first time in a qualifying campaign during the World Cup preliminary stage.

They have gone four World Cup matches without a win and only scored in one of those fixtures (a 2-2 draw with Australia in 2006).

Croatia's last nine World Cup games have produced six red card

Should be a very good game if Croatia take the game to Brazil.

Ney is the key(he needs to stay calm) because with Brazil he is liberated from the shackles of tiki-taka.

In Modric/Rakitic they have two quality ballers who will out ball most midfields in this world cup.

I wonder how much fouls will the ref allow Brazil midfield to get away with before he starts showing cards.

Croatia will miss Manduzkic as the focal point because his replacements aren't good enough

There is goals for Brazil in this game due to the fact Croatia's defence is horrible.

ITV :(

Croatia will miss Manduzkic as the focal point because his replacements aren't good enough

Injured?

suspended due to the silly red card he got during the play-offs.

Phew, reckon he'll have a good tournament.

Got him in my dream team.

:rofl:

got 50 left in my skybet,

should have 30 in the coral after tonight (should of been 60 but i flopped on the blackjack lastnight :()

then gonna top up paddy for the specials and in game tonight

my boy who works in the william hill head office just text me saying there is a rumour brazil will wear the black kit :/

Looooool, if Brazil don't wear yellow tonight, that's crazy.

Coral must have some insider info.

Reckon the rumour they're wearing black is purely from this bet, them wearing yellow is probably a sure thing. Coral won't mind giving £20 to new customers as more than two thirds will lose that £30 by the end of the world cup.

• Upvote 1

The midfield duo(who hate playing football) need to press Modric + Rakitic like crazy ala Dunga,Mauro Silva e Gilberto Silva.

If Brazil don't score early The crowd will be quiet and the atmosphere will be tense which will make the anxiety levels go higher.

If Croatia use pressure marking in the middle of the pitch and tightly mark the full backs, there will be zero space for Brazil which will mean Thiago Silva e Luiz will have a lot of the ball.

I just want seven performances like The Confederations Cup Final.