Match Day 3 - Col-Gre/ Urg-Cos/ Eng-Ita/ Ivo-Jap

Admin.

Columbia v Greece 5pm BBC

Uruguay v Costa Rica 8pm ITV

England v Italy 11pm BBC

Ivory Coast v Japan 2am ITV

Lets go!

Colombia vs Greece

Colombia are weak at the back(very weak) and CM. Dangerous on the flanks via Cuadrado y James(who should be given a free role).

If Jackson Martinez starts then Falcao will be missed but however if Bacca starts then there is no way Falcao will be missed IMO.

Greece are not as boring as everyone thinks it's a horrible stereotype which Rehhagel built because under Santos especially if things are going wrong they attack teams.

Santos and his subs are Greece's strengths.

Uruguay vs Costa Rica

No Suarez so Cavani needs to step up. Uruguay score early this could end bad for Costa Rica because Uruguay are ruthless unlike Chile who took their foot off the gas and started overplaying last night

Group D is likely to be decided on goal difference.

England vs Italy

Italy can only beat themselves because technically and tactically the Italians are superior to England.

England's best bets are quick tempo and of course set pieces.  

I can't believe Hodgson is going to play just two CMs against Italy's four even Cannavaro mentioned it yesterday England will get over run and out numbered.

So England's plan is to stop Pirlo thats why Motta needs to play because he can easily dictate a game.

I have never know an International team going to a major tournament with so many options like Azzurri(so flexible can use 4-1-3-2,4-3-2-1,4-4-1-1,4-3-3,3-5-2).

Ivory Coast vs Japan

This is the game I am looking forward to the most.

It will be a shoot-out because both teams don't have a keeper or defence.

Midfield battle is going to be a madness. Ivory Coast's power vs Japan's technique(athletes vs ballers)

Is Yaya Toure fit?.  Everyone talks about Honda + Kagawa but for me Endo is their best player(he reminds me of Pirlo/Riquleme) his range of passing and the way he dictates play is beautiful.

• Upvote 1

all the games have had goals so far

hope the trend continues

south american national anthems have been on point so far