Black children achieve biggest rise in test and exam results of any ethnic group, new figures show

Don Crack

'It is particularly through sponsored academies, where long-term under-performing local-authority-run schools are being turned around by brilliant sponsors, that black pupils are benefiting.

'There are proportionately far more black pupils in academies than in council schools, and the improving performance of black pupils is reflected in the improvements in academies.'

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

theres truth to this

went to an academy myself, a lot more opportunities to do well. more black male teachers as well.

not till i went to some next place for sixth form (which i regret) that i realised how rare that was.

• Upvote 1

Africans more than likely. They actually respect and understand the value of education.

Caribbeans (Jamaicans) are still carrying some huge chip on their shoulder at school. Especially ones that grow up with women only. Black British Caribbean women are sometimes a liability to their children.

Their fathers don't even bear speaking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest freestacks

Wouldnt call them a liability but theres definitely a different attitude towards education and sadly life.

Ive said it once and ill say it again caribs cotch with di daemonz way too much....

• Downvote 2

You lot are completely wrong. Not gna bother going into why cos one should not cast pearls unto swine.

I am a shining example of a British born Jamaican from a single parent family who is an academic success an winning at life. I am not the only one of my kind. I was born into poverty

We dnt need you to rate us. We rate ourselves

• Upvote 5

Guest freestacks

Im glad that you are winning grafter and Yeah there definitely are successful caribs.Im proud to say i know a couple.

But still theres nothing wrong with us talking about these issues. Living in denial doesn't make the problem go away

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lol but lets be real

Most if not all of the people I know from former and current friend circles doing stuff are Africans

There's no need to try and say we are all as bad as each other, it is clear that the first generation of British-Africans had a different culture to that of the Carribs, which is now being reflected in our schools and performance

More inclined towards that of Asians given the similarities in our cultures in fact

This isn't a controversial thing, it's just how things are panning out

• Downvote 2

Talkin a bag of S

How many 14 year olds do you have in your current or former friends circles?

Thats what is being discussed here.

And LOL @ thinking you're more inclined towards asians

Typical west aff tribalist BS

Lol

Okay

Well I see 15 year old every Monday during term time and you know what? More affs, less carribs and those that are there play up more.

In terms of Asians, our core principle values of family structure and education are very similar I dunno how anybody can see fault in this as it has been accepted my many alike

I dunno what triablist means, but all I know is that those from my tribe for example have many societies where we meet monthly and discuss things for the progression of our people. Each group is formed from people from a particular town.

• Upvote 1

Affs have very little in common with asians tbf.

From a cultural pov

course they do

id say africans culturally are closer to certain asian countries than they are to caribeans

ie indians n ugandans have a lot in common

north africans n arabs etc