Black children achieve biggest rise in test and exam results of any ethnic group, new figures show

Don Crack

not even a aff vs carib thing (for me anyway)

there are plenty of successful caribbeans out there.

but within the last 10 years africans now outnumber carribeans in the uk, almost 2.1 - this includes nigerians who are one of the most successful groups when it comes to education not just in this country but worldwide

in london the aff population has increased by 100% since 2001

alongside the increase in educational achievement 

its not a push to suggest that the 2 may go hand in hand

just talking about education... not saying 1 group of people is better than the other

True and I agree with the rest of what you said.

When you add the fact Africans are more likely to marry people from their culture than Caribbeans it adds another factor to the discussion.

Africans are not perfect of course but as mentioned the family structure is more conducive to success than single parent families for which British-Caribbean culture is known for.

Still, people should remember the African Diaspora have had a lot more to contend with.

Fresh don't let Devils like CP troll you into hatred, as Caribbeans we unknowingly walk past African relatives in London daily.

• Upvote 3

I don't spread hate

All I know though is this, when I was at school the kids that I shouldn't have followed down the road were Carrib

Boy who stabbed me when I was fourteen Carrib

Kids who laughed at me when ever I lifted my hand to answer question at school Carrib

Now I look at their lives and think wow.

So after all this when things begin to look better you guys want to claim a share of the success?

You've mostly made black people in the UK a laughing stock before the Africans even properly settled on these lands and now we're undoing the negative connotations you built and you want to take a claim on this positive turnaround.

It is foolish to say this applies to you all because there are also many successful full black people with English surnames which suggests to me they're Carrib but there are still some significant factors which you guys must address before suggesting we are on equal playing field.

And to whoever was talking about tribalism it is not a bad thing, western thinking told you that. Having a tribe = having an identifiable ethnic group, I don't want a label of generic 'black' because I'm more than that, if a Welshman who is British can be proud that he spells words all wyllfflkyltlyull then I can also be proud of my ethnic group and it's quirks.

We are not all the same accept it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I don't spread hate

All I know though is this, when I was at school the kids that I shouldn't have followed down the road were Carrib

Boy who stabbed me when I was fourteen Carrib

Kids who laughed at me when ever I lifted my hand to answer question at school Carrib

Now I look at their lives and think wow.

So after all this when things begin to look better you guys want to claim a share of the success?

You've mostly made black people in the UK a laughing stock before the Africans even properly settled on these lands and now we're undoing the negative connotations you built and you want to take a claim on this positive turnaround.

It is foolish to say this applies to you all because there are also many successful full black people with English surnames which suggests to me they're Carrib but there are still some significant factors which you guys must address before suggesting we are on equal playing field.

And to whoever was talking about tribalism it is not a bad thing, western thinking told you that. Having a tribe = having an identifiable ethnic group, I don't want a label of generic 'black' because I'm more than that, if a Welshman who is British can be proud that he spells words all wyllfflkyltlyull then I can also be proud of my ethnic group and it's quirks.

10 secs

I don't spread hateAll I know though is this, when I was at school the kids that I shouldn't have followed down the road were CarribBoy who stabbed me when I was fourteen CarribKids who laughed at me when ever I lifted my hand to answer question at school CarribNow I look at their lives and think wow.So after all this when things begin to look better you guys want to claim a share of the success?You've mostly made black people in the UK a laughing stock before the Africans even properly settled on these lands and now we're undoing the negative connotations you built and you want to take a claim on this positive turnaround.It is foolish to say this applies to you all because there are also many successful full black people with English surnames which suggests to me they're Carrib but there are still some significant factors which you guys must address before suggesting we are on equal playing field.And to whoever was talking about tribalism it is not a bad thing, western thinking told you that. Having a tribe = having an identifiable ethnic group, I don't want a label of generic 'black' because I'm more than that, if a Welshman who is British can be proud that he spells words all wyllfflkyltlyull then I can also be proud of my ethnic group and it's quirks.We are not all the same accept it.

as the crackers up norf say, gi ore wi di sen lad

can't use ur negative experiences to tar all the jah-my-kerrns with a dirty brush

lol but lets be real

Most if not all of the people I know from former and current friend circles doing stuff are Africans

There's no need to try and say we are all as bad as each other, it is clear that the first generation of British-Africans had a different culture to that of the Carribs, which is now being reflected in our schools and performance

More inclined towards that of Asians given the similarities in our cultures in fact

This isn't a controversial thing, it's just how things are panning out

Real talk.

Enough peeps in denial mode

Cp is a salty little victim living in a bubble. No Caribbean people give a monkeys about you an urs an your harbouring ur little hatred for suttin some ignorant youths did u a long time ago.

Lock the thread

Dnt even know why they report these stats like its big news for Britain.

• Downvote 2

Cp is a salty little victim living in a bubble. No Caribbean people give a monkeys about you an urs an your harbouring ur little hatred for suttin some ignorant youths did u a long time ago.

Lock the thread

Dnt even know why they report these stats like its big news for Britain.

:/

so a group of people who have been underachieving for DECADES make significant strides and it shouldnt be reported?

I didn't say tribalism was a bad thing I was saying that people like you that subscribe to tribalism defined by colour only to reduce it down to Africans or Caribbean and so on and so on are full of shit. I would much rather subscribe to a tribalism based on ideology and mindset as it's a better indication of what someone is about opposed to the colour of their skin.

You on your soap box telling me what the western world / white man told me when you are a Christian smacks of the deepest irony, remind me who introduced that religion to you please?

• Upvote 1