The Far Right In Tottenham

The Somalian

I saw this on Sheg's facebook. Polish Far right  came to a Tottenham music festival last week in Markfield park and ran havoc

the thing is I went to Gladesmore school and it is situated right on the park the local area is very diverse pure orthodox jews, west indian, turkish, north african, west african etc

just saw a follow up report on the local news saying anti facist were out in force today but nothing happened 

here is a video of some of what happened 

anyone hear about this? 

MaMass ‘celebration’ planned to reclaim Markfield Park after vigil over ‘neo-Nazi’ Tottenham stabbing

A banner at the vigil proclaiming: 'Nazis Out'. Picture: Tony Gay A banner at the vigil proclaiming: 'Nazis Out'. Picture: Tony Gay
by Stephen Moore
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 
11:14 AM

A mass gathering is planned for the Tottenham park where an alleged ‘neo-Nazi’ group attacked innocent festival-goers, in a show of solidarity against hate and prejudice.

Oz Katerji at the vigil yesterday. Picture: Tony Gay
Oz Katerji at the vigil yesterday. Picture: Tony Gay
Hundreds of people are expected to descend on Markfield Park on Saturday in a symbolic show of defiance against fascism and small-minded extremism following the terrifying attack by around 40 thugs on people attending a free community music festival, which saw one person stabbed and fireworks, stones and punches thrown.

It is thought the attackers were from the Polish nationalist extremist group Zjednoczeni Emigranci, or United Emigrants, who were holding a rally close to the festival before unrest broke out at around 9pm.

Around 150 people attended a hastily-organised vigil last night outside Tottenham Town Hall in reaction to the attack, at which eyewitness and journalist Oz Katerji spoke alongside members of Unite Against Fascism, the Polish anti-fascist group Dywizjon 161 and various trade union and community groups.

Gary McFarlane, secretary of Haringey UAF, leads the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay
Gary McFarlane, secretary of Haringey UAF, leads the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay
Weyman Bennett, joint national secretary of UAF, who lives in Tottenham, told those at the vigil: “We have got to be clear about what happened. It is true that they went on a rampage. But they were taken on by the local people, who said, ‘You are not going anywhere’. But that is no reason to be complacent.

“It doesn’t matter if you are black, white, Asian, straight, gay, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Turkish, Kurdish - wherever you are from, we stand together in a united way.

“Next Saturday we will go to Markfield Park. Wherever you are from you are welcome here, but the only group of people who are not welcome here are Nazis. Haringey is united and will not be divided.”

Oz Katerji addresses the crowd at the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay
Oz Katerji addresses the crowd at the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay
He told the Journal later: “What we really want is a celebration. If you go to the school [nearby] you will see Hassidic Jews walking next to Muslims, the LGBT community, Polish people... Haringey is one of the most integrated boroughs and it is a tribute to our society for how people live together. I think the borough needs to be praised.”

Gary McFarlane, secretary of Haringey Unite Against Fascism (UAF), who led the vigil, told the crowd an “organised group of several hundred” extremists were regularly organising in Markfield Park, and now was the time to reclaim the streets: “We have to be clear that immigrants are welcome here. This is nothing at all to do with Polish people, it’s to do with fighting fascism,” he said.

Speaking for Dywizjon 161, a man known only as Greg said: “Not all Polish people are fascist. I feel really ashamed for what happened two days ago. I feel very happy that so many people turned up just to support us and show that these fascists are not welcome in Haringey or anywhere else in England.”

The crowd swelled to around 150 people at the vigil on Monday. Picture: Tony Gay
The crowd swelled to around 150 people at the vigil on Monday. Picture: Tony Gay
Around a dozen police were visible at the vigil, keeping a low-key prescence at an event that raised serious questions about how they handled intelligence on the extremist group’s meeting that day.

Mr Katerji, who lives near Markfield Park, told the Journal he was at the festival with friends when the group arrived. “About nine o’clock they approached the stage and started harassing the people there who were packing away the stage. Between 10 and 20 were instigating the violence, but 30 to 40 were in the vicinity. It was clear they were looking for trouble.

“At first I just thought they were drunken guys. But as soon as the punches flew in I was able to gather who they were.”

One of the banners at the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay
The 27-year-old said the man was stabbed just as the violence broke out, but he didn’t see a knife himself. He was critical of the police response, telling those at the vigil: “The police were told that these people were gathering but they took no action to prevent it. The police treated it as an instance of drunkenness.”

He added: “These guys walked up to us in broad daylight with the police watching and attacked us with flares and stones. I saw three people arrested on camera... I want to know why our community is being allowed to be attacked in this way.”

He said he had spoken to a retired policeman, now a shopkeeper close to the park, who told him the group had been holding rallies for months in the park. “I asked the authorities what are they planning to do about this. No answer. I had to spell out the name of the group, which has a Facebook page with over 350 members, to them... We want answers, London. We want answers.”

+ The peaceful gathering is planned for 3pm on Saturday at Markfield Park, off Crowland Road, South Tottenham.image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpgGary McFarlane, secretary of Haringey UAF, leads the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay

image.jpgOz Katerji addresses the crowd at the vigil. Picture: Tony Gay

image.jpgThe crowd swelled to around 150 people at the vigil on Monday. Picture: Tony Gay

image.jpg

yh read about that

there are pure poles in tottenham tho

To your face lol

Behind your back they racist as fuck