Transformers: Age of Extinction (No Spoilers)

Lens

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark Wahlberg >>>> Shia LaBeouf in this role! Actually offers something in combat, rather than being the liability the Transformers have to keep saving.

2nd best Transformers film behind the first 1.

Fight scenes were fully on point. 

The dinobot backstory was well thought, but maybe poorly delivered.

Best standout feature from other Transformers films for me is their change in attitude toward harming humans when needed (shown in trailer before anyone says it's a spoiler).

Loyalty to their own kind over humans drives the film. 

Film dragged a bit though, it had a promising beginning, felt like something new, then descended back into the usual Transformers recycled 2nd half of film. 

Good father-daughter story - the girl was annoying as a teenage daughter You're losing control of should be.

A lot of my father of a girl fears were presented to me in the film.

Being unable to protect Your daughter at any time (the FBI Agents pointing the gun at her while he's cuffed) - leave it, yeh?

The boyfriend saving You so You have to be cool with the boyfriend - leave it, yeh?

The general relationship and Your daughter rating a boyfriend above You.

additional spoilers

forgot about the dinobots since they entered the film so late

when the snake got killed, I was the only person in the cinema to shout "yes" - but he was a prick, glad he got incinerated

seeing the Transformers move to that science lab because they were researching dead Transformer bodies - inspirational stuff, easily best scene in the film

The film was ass as expected but the FX were good. Better than 2 and 3.

I think I'm just getting fatigue with these films. I love transformers (G1) and I'm more than willing to sacrifice story for eye candy but Bay is really taking the piss. Quite a few things in this film make no sense and I wish they would just give the people what they want - Unicron. It's been 4 films now ffs.

Also this movie Optimus is lot less forgiving than I remember. Definitely not the faultless forgiving good guy from the cartoons.

• 3 months later...