BBC 1XTRA Names The Most Influential Artist in Black and Urban Music in the UK

Mame Biram Diouf

Few weeks back someone here think it was Dub said ed sheeran and disclosure are making better black music than black people and he was laughed at

it was "Justin Beiber" not Ed Sheeran

the mentioning of Ed Sheeran is a joke, I'm not sure how that even was allowed to slip by in a service that is supposed to provide for the fans of urban music, almost as bad as Joss Stone winning the urban award at the Brits

honestly don't understand it, this is actually a pisstake

or perhaps as I don't follow Ed Sheeran that hard I don't get it, maybe he is influencing fans towards the urban industry, though hopefully its attributed to more than him covering Chris Brown and Laid Blak and dropping a rap here and there in performances, I mean I know a few years back he helped push grime artists to new crowds + him and SBTV definitely mutually benefitted from their collaborations, however this is a 2014 list

Black people are still making great music, it just doesn't get pushed anymore so it's not as visible.

The shit (for 1 reason or another) is what gets backed.

The fact Dizzee has a deal releasing the nonsense he does when there are better artists out there is more of a disrespect than this imo.

I don't know about the order, but in all fairness, bar Ed Sheeran, they arguably make sense to be in the list.

Perhaps there's a lack of house / underground music representation but they were obviously going for the more mainstream/well-known/commercial names.

The full list was as follows:

1. Ed Sheeran

2. Disclosure

3. Tinie Tempah

4. Sam Smith

5. Rudimental

6. Emeli Sande

7. Naughty Boy

8. Katy B

9. Krept & Konan

10. Fuse ODG

11. Boy Better Know

12. Rita Ora

13. Lethal Bizzle

14. DJ Fresh

15. Jessie J

16. Wiley

17. Giggs

18. Laura Mvula

19. Wretch

20. Dizzee Rascal

The blame for this atrocity falls on the highlighted individuals above imo.....

• Upvote 2