Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mame Biram Diouf

James Rodriguez: Flavour of The Month or Worth The Money?

19 posts in this topic

James.jpg

World Cup revelation James Rodriguez admits it would be a dream come true to join Real Madrid, but says his future is in the hands of his current club Monaco.

Madrid have been heavily linked with a 70million euros (£55million) swoop for the 23-year-old forward, who has been one of the stand-out players in Brazil and is still leading the scoring charts with six goals, despite Colombia being knocked out in the quarter-finals.

Rodriguez, who only joined Monaco from Porto last season for a fee in the region of £38.5million, revealed he would fulfil a life's dream by moving to the Bernabeu and would relish the chance to line up alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo.

He told Spanish newspaper Marca: "It's really flattering to know that a club like Madrid, of such magnitude, are interested in me. It would be a dream to sign for the team of my dreams.

"I have a great deal of respect for other clubs and admire the good football they play, but ultimately Real Madrid are Real Madrid. I've always had a thing for them.

"It's a dream, as I said, but also a privilege to play alongside players of such quality, all those world-class stars. It's my life's dream. If this finally happens, I only want to enjoy it.

"Cristiano is a great player, a superstar in capital letters. Cristiano deservedly won the Ballon d'Or, which recognises the best player in the world.

"I'm a very calm person, I try to stay calm at all times. But, to be honest, signing for Real Madrid is a different matter. I'm in the hands of president Florentino Perez," he added with a smile.

On whether he thinks he is worth 70million euros, Rodriguez said: "I don't know, I cannot talk about those things. I only do my work on the pitch. I'm not bothered about those things.

However, whether Rodriguez is able to fulfil his dream this summer remains to be seen.

He signed a five-year contract when he joined Monaco last year and the Colombian admits his future is down to the French club.

He said: "At Monaco I'm eternally grateful to (club president) Dmitry (Rybolovlev) and (vice-president) Vadim (Vasilyev) because they have given me this opportunity.

"It's a club that are building something big. Obviously it would be a dream for me to play for Real Madrid, but I will always respect my current club, who will have the last word on the matter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHVj-Jch36M

had a sick world cup, but didn't exactly make headlines at Monaco.. think the move will be too soon for him 

lahi tryna take porchys place while hes in excile

He will be a big player

think he should stay at monaco for a season or 2. He won't get a game at real

Imo he was never reals first choice

They only after him now suarez gone barca

He will be a big player

should go one of madrid & barca's feeder teams in england 1st

He will be a big player

should go one of madrid & barca's feeder teams in england 1st

:lol: rt

17 goals

18 assists

from 46 games

decent debut season

Zidane a fan Porch?

Been reading a book recently about last years world cup, breaks down each teams tactics and performances

Made me appreciate James play and movement even more

James is the most creative player Real have

Just lazy as fuck

Wants a free role in a team which contains Cristiano Ronaldo

Bane I don't know if Zidane is a fan or not because his transfer smells of Perez making a hipster signing based on Brazil 2014.

Zidane is defo not a fan, one of them will leave this summer maybe both...

been linked with juve but doubt they have the money, most likely end up at a jorge mendes owned club

im thinking...

Would you take him at United? 

Good enough for any club.

depending on the manager he will have to either learn to track back or learn not to be creative and fit into a mechanical system or learn how to run up and down the wing putting crosses in.

Would defo take James the talent is there. 

When I watch him he looks too lethargic sometimes though. If he was playing for us this season he'd probably be under fire for dead performances.