Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (no spoilers)

Mr. Gayle

Last summer's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" surprised audiences as a great reboot of the series and now sequel talks are in full swing. FOX has announced the official title and release date for the film.

Box Office Mojo posted on Thursday the release date of May 23, 2014 for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," the official title for the next film.

Director Rupert Wyatt's Sci-Fi thriller earned over $481 million worldwide and is set to return with star Andy Serkis as Caesar.

In Thursday's announcement, Dredd Central alsosummarized the sequel's story by Amanda Silver, Rick Jaffa, and Scott Burns.

"Dawn" continues the story set forth in last year’s critical and commercial hit movie featuring simians that are given human intelligence and subsequently break out of their facility. At the same time, a virus breaks out that causes the collapse of human society. The new project is taking the story to the next level, with the apes on the path to emerge as society’s new rulers.”

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Film disappointed me

It was like the film's sole purpose was to set up the next film, but there was zero content in this one. 

I mean seeing the apes in their society was good

especially seeing an ape try to overthrow Cesar, as would be expected in a pack of animals

/

the way they kill the bear was probably the best thing about the whole film

But too much apes speaking, too many subtitles

Ape war strategy was brilliant

especially the ape acting like a dumb ape to entertain humans so he could steal a gun

The 12A certificate was harmful - from when You frequently cut away from action to keep the certificate, the film has the wrong certificate!

Excellent CGI to make all the ape characters look distinguishable and detailed. 

Painfully average film

loooooool @ the London riots clip being used to show anarchy

I like it for its realism I guess. 

zero 3D, annoyed I wore the glasses to watch a 2D film. 

Got back from watching it yesterday, I loved it, but I know what Lens is saying, it did have that  'we're setting up for the finale' feel to it.

It's ashame they couldn't bring James Franco back for abit more of a cameo though :(

I think the development was brilliant though, very well paced, great build up towards each vital spot of the story.

CGI was brilliant, happy I saw this in 2D too.

fully enjoyed

just apes on horses thats all i needed

with spears

imagine

koba was a prick

i was hungover as f*ck so pretty emotional but some of the human n ape scenes almost got me

Saw this today. I was with Koba until

he shot Ceaser

Ceaser was acting soft.

Thoroughly entertained throughout.

ye jus came back from seeing this

was a top top film

the cgi was used to enhance rather then jus overpower a good story but i agree with the thin human element... the first one was good because francos performance was outstanding .. it was an emotional connection to both ape and the humans

koba on the horse went into fulll on beast mode >>> he did not f*ck about

fully felt involved with caesar a cgi creation , then i do  with human actors

serkis is a genius or cgi is jus reaching different levels

best film ive seen all year

:Y:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...