The Islamic Caliphate

Guest luckstar

Thats ridiculous, we can find many more god fearing good christian folk inspired by the bible who created the transatlantic slave trade. The reason ur name is toney and u were born a christian is because ur forefathers were plucked from their country, given a christian name and sent to church on their plantation every sunday. 

Lol that harsh reality.

Don't know why black christians can't wake up and see that they follow a faith of a white mans doctrine. With their white jesus that can be rebutted in 5 minutes that he was probably middle eastern.

At this point it can only be put down to ignorance.

Christians, bar Spartacus and his followers, are the only people who actively sought to put an end to slavery. It has been practiced for millennia, and was seen as indispensable institution by most cultures. I'm sure you are well aware that the Arab slave trade trafficked many more black africans than the transatlantic slave trade. The reason you don't see large black populations in the arab world is because most black male african slaves were castrated. Slavery is still alive in the Muslim world. 

So what. The only reason you are a muslim and you speak arabic, is because your people were conquered by the Umayyad Caliphate. Otherwise you'd probably be a Christian as well, and your name would probably be John.

• Downvote 1

If you're religious the way in which society moves shouldn't influence the principles at the foundation of your religion, they are the word of god and don't alter for anyone which is why I asked about female pastors. For hundreds of years females were prohibited from holding high ranking positions in the church and scriptures were presented as the basis for this (I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man Timothy 2:12) . With the advancement of feminism in society on the whole we've seen the church follow suit and embrace the idea that gender isn't an issue like they once thought it was, my question is what about the scripture that they've been reading for centuries has changed to the point whereby there's been such a big shift on this? Or is it more a case of moving with the times?

The passage you referenced is the word of Paul, not God, here's a snippet of the views regarding that passage though.

The traditional view holds that the "I suffer not a woman…" words are Paul's own words. However, the majority of modern scholars believe on the basis of content, vocabulary, and literary style that 1 Timothy was not written by Paul but is pseudepigraphical. They contend that this verse fits poorly with Paul's more positive references to Christian women and may be a later interpolation rather than part of the original text. Still others such as scholars/theologians Richard and Catherine Kroeger believe Paul did write the epistle of 1 Timothy, but that he was addressing a particular problem peculiar to the Church at Ephesus where Timothy was pastor of the multicultural congregation.

As someone who grew up a Christian I can tell you the underlying message is one of compassion and to adopt a humanistic approach in all things which is why I'm not surprised progress in the church sometimes mirrors that of society, whatever the reason though it's not a bad thing surely.

It's not 1 way though, as Ulysses alluded to progress historically has been driven by Christianity also, Granville Sharp and Wilberforce were largely inspired by the bible to help abolish slavery.

Thats ridiculous, we can find many more god fearing good christian folk inspired by the bible who created the transatlantic slave trade. The reason ur name is toney and u were born a christian is because ur forefathers were plucked from their country, given a christian name and sent to church on their plantation every sunday. 

If you're religious the way in which society moves shouldn't influence the principles at the foundation of your religion, they are the word of god and don't alter for anyone which is why I asked about female pastors. For hundreds of years females were prohibited from holding high ranking positions in the church and scriptures were presented as the basis for this (I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man Timothy 2:12) . With the advancement of feminism in society on the whole we've seen the church follow suit and embrace the idea that gender isn't an issue like they once thought it was, my question is what about the scripture that they've been reading for centuries has changed to the point whereby there's been such a big shift on this? Or is it more a case of moving with the times?

The passage you referenced is the word of Paul, not God, here's a snippet of the views regarding that passage though.

The traditional view holds that the "I suffer not a woman…" words are Paul's own words. However, the majority of modern scholars believe on the basis of content, vocabulary, and literary style that 1 Timothy was not written by Paul but is pseudepigraphical. They contend that this verse fits poorly with Paul's more positive references to Christian women and may be a later interpolation rather than part of the original text. Still others such as scholars/theologians Richard and Catherine Kroeger believe Paul did write the epistle of 1 Timothy, but that he was addressing a particular problem peculiar to the Church at Ephesus where Timothy was pastor of the multicultural congregation.

As someone who grew up a Christian I can tell you the underlying message is one of compassion and to adopt a humanistic approach in all things which is why I'm not surprised progress in the church sometimes mirrors that of society, whatever the reason though it's not a bad thing surely.

It's not 1 way though, as Ulysses alluded to progress historically has been driven by Christianity also, Granville Sharp and Wilberforce were largely inspired by the bible to help abolish slavery.

So that text you've just quoted says that the majority of modern scholars believe that passage wasn't even written by Paul but somebody posing as him? That reinforces what I was saying earlier about the authenticity of the bible being questionable then doesn't it?

If those scholars are wrong and it is in fact Paul but we're going to discount his opinion on this subject,  do we do the same for all the teachings he outlines on marriage, homosexuality and everything else? I don't think we do.

I respect your opinion but as someone who also grew up as a Christian I have my own opinion of what the underlying message is. Whether or not the church is progressive can be deemed as a good thing depends on your view point, if you're a Christian and believe the word is the word  without compromise then I don't see how it can be anything but a bad thing.

This quote from an article on the subject of Female Pastors sums up exactly what I'm talking about 

In a social climate of complete equality in all things, the biblical teaching of only allowing men to be pastors and elders is not popular.  Many feminist organizations denounce this position as antiquated and chauvinistic.  In addition, many Christian churches have adopted the "politically correct" social standard and have allowed women pastors and elders in the church.  But the question remains, is this biblical?

My answer to this question is, "No, women are not to be pastors and elders."  Many may not like that answer; but it is, I believe, an accurate representation of the biblical standard.  You make the decision after reading this article. 

Progress has been driven by Christianity? That's a bold statement to make and one I'd disagree with, if you look at the most positively influential civilisations Christianity wasn't central to many of them.

Positively influential civilisations? Like what? 

Toney is right. A lot of the freedoms we enjoy today in the west, a lot of the things we regard as being fundamentally good, are inextricably linked to Christianity. To deny this is to deny history.

Give examples of things we today see as fundamentally good which are linked to christianity?

Human freedom and the rights of individual, equality under the law, our system of Government, our morality, our legal system, universal education/ our universities, the arts, literature, music, science, architecture, Charitable organisations/ modern nursing/ hospitals/ orphanages/ The Red Cross etc. etc. etc. Even the Labour Party owes more to Methodism than it does to Marx.

Education system, literature, science, architecture, charity, nursing were all well advanced in the islamic world to the christian world, add mathematics, poetry, astronomy and hygiene to that list, and u will find in fact the things people see as fundamentally good originated from the islamic world and were adopted by the christian world.

Lol that harsh reality.

Don't know why black christians can't wake up and see that they follow a faith of a white mans doctrine. With their white jesus that can be rebutted in 5 minutes that he was probably middle eastern.

Christians, bar Spartacus and his followers, are the only people who actively sought to put an end to slavery. It has been practiced for millennia, and was seen as indispensable institution by most cultures. I'm sure you are well aware that the Arab slave trade trafficked many more black africans than the transatlantic slave trade. The reason you don't see large black populations in the arab world is because most black male african slaves were castrated. Slavery is still alive in the Muslim world. 

So what. The only reason you are a muslim and you speak arabic, is because your people were conquered by the Umayyad Caliphate. Otherwise you'd probably be a Christian as well, and your name would probably be John.

Factually inaccurate again, the arabs took slaves from wherever they invaded, they took just as many white slaves as black slaves, they took no where near as many africans as the atlantic slave trade.

You give brain for free?

proof chaps and imhim are the same person

So that text you've just quoted says that the majority of modern scholars believe that passage wasn't even written by Paul but somebody posing as him? That reinforces what I was saying earlier about the authenticity of the bible being questionable then doesn't it?

If those scholars are wrong and it is in fact Paul but we're going to discount his opinion on this subject,  do we do the same for all the teachings he outlines on marriage, homosexuality and everything else? I don't think we do.

I respect your opinion but as someone who also grew up as a Christian I have my own opinion of what the underlying message is. Whether or not the church is progressive can be deemed as a good thing depends on your view point, if you're a Christian and believe the word is the word  without compromise then I don't see how it can be anything but a bad thing.

This quote from an article on the subject of Female Pastors sums up exactly what I'm talking about 

In a social climate of complete equality in all things, the biblical teaching of only allowing men to be pastors and elders is not popular.  Many feminist organizations denounce this position as antiquated and chauvinistic.  In addition, many Christian churches have adopted the "politically correct" social standard and have allowed women pastors and elders in the church.  But the question remains, is this biblical?

My answer to this question is, "No, women are not to be pastors and elders."  Many may not like that answer; but it is, I believe, an accurate representation of the biblical standard.  You make the decision after reading this article. 

Progress has been driven by Christianity? That's a bold statement to make and one I'd disagree with, if you look at the most positively influential civilisations Christianity wasn't central to many of them.

Toney is right. A lot of the freedoms we enjoy today in the west, a lot of the things we regard as being fundamentally good, are inextricably linked to Christianity. To deny this is to deny history.

Give examples of things we today see as fundamentally good which are linked to christianity?

Human freedom and the rights of individual, equality under the law, our system of Government, our morality, our legal system, universal education/ our universities, the arts, literature, music, science, architecture, Charitable organisations/ modern nursing/ hospitals/ orphanages/ The Red Cross etc. etc. etc. Even the Labour Party owes more to Methodism than it does to Marx.

Education system, literature, science, architecture, charity, nursing were all well advanced in the islamic world to the christian world, add mathematics, poetry, astronomy and hygiene to that list, and u will find in fact the things people see as fundamentally good originated from the islamic world and were adopted by the christian world.

Lol that harsh reality.

Factually inaccurate again, the arabs took slaves from wherever they invaded, they took just as many white slaves as black slaves, they took no where near as many africans as the atlantic slave trade.

You give brain for free?

Of course many good things came out of the Muslim world, but you guys peaked a millennium ago. I'm talking about the things that set the course for the modern world. You will also find that a lot of the advances you speak of, borrowed heavily from the Byzantines. 

Yes that's why a single college in Cambridge University has more nobel peace prizes than all of the Islamic world. I didn't know Florence Nightingale was Muslim. I didn't know Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Yale were all Islamic institutions. That's why literacy rates in Islamic countries have always been comparatively low - Protestantism encouraged literacy as a tool to get every believer to read and understand scripture. Can you name any well known Islamic artist or composer on the same level as Da Vinci or Mozart? Can you name an Islamic poet or writer on the same level as Milton, Dante or Shakespeare? There is a reason why 'christian' countries are the freest in the world. The ability to practice your religion freely, to associate with whomever you choose, to say what you like, to enjoy equality under the law is unheard of in the majority of Muslim countries. 

Well it is not factually incorrect. Estimates of the scope of the Arab Slave trade hover around the 18 million mark.  The transatlantic slave trade involved about 12 million people. And it is simply untrue to say that whites were enslaved as much as blacks. How many whites reside in Africa? Even if that were the case does it make the Arab slave trade more moral?  If you're correct why does abd, which means slave in arabic, also mean black person?

In February 2003 a UNESCO Conference on “Arab-Led Slavery of Africans” was held in Johannesburg. The Conference’s final communiqué condemned slavery in all its forms, but went on to declare that “the Arab-led slave trade of African people predates the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by a millennium, and represents the largest and, in time, longest involuntary removal of any indigenous people in the history of humanity.”

• Downvote 1

Lol that harsh reality.

You give brain for free?

Of course many good things came out of the Muslim world, but you guys peaked a millennium ago. I'm talking about the things that set the course for the modern world. You will also find that a lot of the advances you speak of, borrowed heavily from the Byzantines. 

Yes that's why a single college in Cambridge University has more nobel peace prizes than all of the Islamic world. I didn't know Florence Nightingale was Muslim. I didn't know Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Yale were all Islamic institutions. That's why literacy rates in Islamic countries have always been comparatively low - Protestantism encouraged literacy as a tool to get every believer to read and understand scripture. Can you name any well known Islamic artist or composer on the same level as Da Vinci or Mozart? Can you name an Islamic poet or writer on the same level as Milton, Dante or Shakespeare? There is a reason why 'christian' countries are the freest in the world. The ability to practice your religion freely, to associate with whomever you choose, to say what you like, to enjoy equality under the law is unheard of in the majority of Muslim countries. 

Well it is not factually incorrect. Estimates of the scope of the Arab Slave trade hover around the 18 million mark.  The transatlantic slave trade involved about 12 million people. And it is simply untrue to say that whites were enslaved as much as blacks. How many whites reside in Africa? Even if that were the case does it make the Arab slave trade more moral?  If you're correct why does abd, which means slave in arabic, also mean black person?

In February 2003 a UNESCO Conference on “Arab-Led Slavery of Africans” was held in Johannesburg. The Conference’s final communiqué condemned slavery in all its forms, but went on to declare that “the Arab-led slave trade of African people predates the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by a millennium, and represents the largest and, in time, longest involuntary removal of any indigenous people in the history of humanity.”

Its funny u now try to claim oxford and cambridge as christian institutions but deny the slave trade as part of it. Christian lands flourished from the wealth of the slave trade and the natural resources of the lands they colonised and brutalised. The africa u hold so dear to ur heart, and despise muslims from entering, now suffers just as many problems as the muslim world, and probably largely down to the christian invaders ur so strongly trying to defend now.

Muslims took slaves from africa, and everywhere they went, but the christians took slaves, took natural resources, and spat the countries out leaving them in turmoil which is still there today. And this was by supposedly progressive people? 

Walk around the city of london, look around, u will see large parts built from the blood of a black man just like yourself, thats something u cant blame a muslim for.

Guest Chelsea Jack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561670/Couple-stoned-death-adultery-mob-led-womans-husband-brothers.html

Couple stoned to death for adultery by a mob led by the woman's husband and brothers in Pakistan
  • Hayat Bibi, 27, and Daraz Khan, 25, stoned to death in Balochistan
  • Mrs Bibi's husband led mob that attacked couple due to an alleged affair
  • Stoning is legal in Pakistan if approved by court, which this incident wasn't
  • Mr Bibi, the cleric who approved the stoning, and four others arrested

By KATE LYONS

PUBLISHED: 00:31, 18 February 2014 UPDATED: 01:33, 18 February 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

View comments

A couple has been stoned to death for adultery in a remote southwest region of Pakistan on the orders of an Islamic cleric.

Daraz Khan, 25, and Hayat Bibi, 27, were killed by a mob led by Mrs Bibi’s husband in the Loralai district in Balochistan.

Ms Bibi went into hiding a week ago when the alleged affair was discovered, but then came forward when she heard that the mob had captured Mr Khan, locals reported.

article-2561670-1B97C41100000578-287_634

+2

A couple was stoned to death in Pakistan after they allegedly had an affair. Stoning is legal in the country with permission of the courts, though in this instance the stoning occurred illegally

She was forced to watch the mob stone Mr Khan to death before they turned on her.

The mob, led by her husband and brothers, then threw rocks and bricks at her until she died.

Ms Bibi’s husband had approached a local cleric demanding the couple should be stoned to death in compliance with Shariah law, reported The Times.

Stoning is legal in Pakistan, but only if the sentence is passed by a federal or provincial court, which did not happen in this case where the death was sanctioned only by tribal elders.

No one has ever legally been stoned to death in Pakistan.

Ms Bibi’s husband, the cleric, and four others have been arrested and the bodies of the couple are being exhumed today to prove they were stoned to death.

‘It is a shameful act and the people involved in stoning the man and the woman will be brought to justice,’ said Sarfaraz Bugti, the home minister for Baluchistan.

In Pakistan, a conviction for murder can carry the death sentence, but despite Mr Bugti’s outrage, it is widely expected that no action will be taken against the six men

Police rarely intervene in cases such as this one and the federal courts have little authority in remote regions of the country, including Balochistan, meaning that it is often left to local tribal and religious leaders to mete out punishments, which are usually harsher than the law allows.

article-2561670-1B977C9C00000578-697_634

+2

The stoning occurred in the Baluchistan region of southwest Pakistan, by a mob led by the woman's husband and brothers

Even if cases of so-called ‘honour killings’ are brought to court, they often take years to be heard. The national conviction rate is between 5 and 10 percent.

If someone is convicted, the victim's family can forgive the killers, which is a major loophole considering the killers are often members of the victim’s family.

Two other couples accused of adultery have been killed in Loralai district in the last two months. ‘Honour killings’ for adultery are not uncommon in Pakistan, but stonings are rare.

Last year a young mother of two, Afridi Bibi, no relation to Hayat Bibi, was stoned to death by a mob led by her uncle for carrying a mobile phone in Punjab province of Pakistan.

The death sparked fears that stoning might be on the rise in certain countries, including Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The practice of stoning is legal in 15 Muslim countries and is set out as a specific punishment for adultery under several interpretations of Sharia law. 

Its supporters say stoning is legitimised by the Hadith – the deeds and saying of the Prophet Muhammad – though there is no mention of the practice in the Koran

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561670/Couple-stoned-death-adultery-mob-led-womans-husband-brothers.html#ixzz3AJtqji1A 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

why does this shit happen in the countries where 'the religion of peace' reigns supreme?

can somebody please tell me?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly don't know how the victims family's let guys like this live

Is it not worth the sentence?

/

Will drop my input tomorrow night

/

Any good books to read about Arab slavery?

Don't understand your point time bomb?

Somebody posts a story about stoning for adultery which is legal in Pakistan, so you post a story about an english paedophile who is going to go to prison (because having sex with 6 year old girls is illegal in the uk ;))?

• Upvote 2

Guest eights

Pmsl timebomb panicked

How can the religion of so called peace have a law like sharia law?

The same law that allows man to kill another man if justified

Doesn't Allah forgive?

• Downvote 5

Someone explain why cunts from all over Europe are flying to join IS and murder people?

Also cos of inequality and "di west"?

how many western born jews have gone to join the IDF and murder people?

Somebody posts a story about stoning for adultery which is legal in Pakistan, so you post a story about an english paedophile who is going to go to prison (because having sex with 6 year old girls is illegal in the uk ;))?

simple, jack asked why do they do that in muslim countries, i clicked on his link and instantly saw ANOTHER story of a white pedo, seems a huge problem amongst u lot

• Downvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

Noncing is a problem amongst certain individuals in the uk and sadly enough there has clearly been a massive pedo ring going on in the uk for years. But, i'm also certain that these arab leaders are upto all kinds of sick skullduggery as well. I mean ya'll musta forgot about the dancing boy culture that goes on in the arab world.

All that aside, pedophillia is not condoned by law in the uk and people who are outed for this are instantly demonized by the lionshare of the pubic. With that in mind, i dont really see how this ties in with pakistanis being legally allowed to stone people to death for adultery. Or am i missing something?

Someone explain why cunts from all over Europe are flying to join IS and murder people?

simple, jack asked why do they do that in muslim countries, i clicked on his link and instantly saw ANOTHER story of a white pedo, seems a huge problem amongst u lot
I don't understand why you're getting angry I was asking a legit question.

So there are no muslim paedophiles? I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Like, I don't get te comparison between legalized stoning of female adulterers, and a man raping a child and going to prison for it

Noncing is a problem amongst certain individuals in the uk and sadly enough there has clearly been a massive pedo ring going on in the uk for years. But, i'm also certain that these arab leaders are upto all kinds of sick skullduggery as well. I mean ya'll musta forgot about the dancing boy culture that goes on in the arab world.

All that aside, pedophillia is not condoned by law in the uk and people who are outed for this are instantly demonized by the lionshare of the pubic. With that in mind, i dont really see how this ties in with pakistanis being legally allowed to stone people to death for adultery. Or am i missing something?

dancing boys is in afghanistan, thats not the arab world

I don't understand why you're getting angry I was asking a legit question.

So there are no muslim paedophiles? I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Like, I don't get te comparison between legalized stoning of female adulterers, and a man raping a child and going to prison for it

of course there are pedos in all races, religions, creeds, i was simply adding another dailymail sensationalist article into the mix, the dailymail would have u think this is something ur average muslim would do, when in fact its generally ur backwards village person, same way almost every time i go on the dailymail site i see a story about a pedo, which just happens to be a white man. On another day we'll see an african burned to death for being a witch and people will be like omg africans are so barbaric and backwards. Its sensationalism and people lap it up.

Guest eights

Pmsl timebomb panicked

How can the religion of so called peace have a law like sharia law?

The same law that allows man to kill another man if justified

Doesn't Allah forgive?

why was this negged/not answered?

iam not trolling or taking the piss

i genuinely want to know

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Chelsea Jack

I think it stems from the fact that muslims have it so strongly entrenched in their brain that you cant question allah, so when a non muslim questions him they get emotional.

Guest eights

I think it stems from the fact that muslims have it so strongly entrenched in their brain that you cant question allah, so when a non muslim questions him they get emotional.

Trost