Philanthrophy Thread

Captain Planet

Inspired by my own post.

In recent years I have been inspired by George Peabody, who's legacy lives on in http://www.peabody.org.uk/about-us/our-story. I see too many people unfairly struggle because of their housing situation whilst they try to keep their head above water and live respectful lives. I've been reading about Housing Associations and like the concept of a not for profit organisation which can really spend on making nice homes for people who simply need decent a place to live.

So one day (Lord willing) I want to start a smor housing association, called the Merit Housing Group, and literally only home people who's backgrounds suggest they merit a place to live. Obviously extensive background checks and references will be the norm but I'd also like to be able to remove any bureaucracy which may prevent good people being housed. Too many scroungers in the social housing system and if there weren't so many I bet the social housing system would be sustainable, not oversubscribed and actually bear good fruit from responsible adults who responsibly raise their children.

What philanthropic things do you wish to achieve in your lifetime?

You inspired yourself?

Why not jus be humble an go about your business quietly?

If u have volunteering opportunities to share with the forum do so but let it be known NO ONE HERE is going to be screaming cp we love u, cp the benefactor

Go away

• Upvote 1

I want to develop a programme to help influence more kids from low income backgrounds to get into engineering and computer science disciplines, which would include scholarships.

I haven't given it too much thought but its really easy to see the lack of aspiration that heads that I grew up around have, and the lack of push for truly high achievement by schools around here compared to those that people at my uni went to. I know a lot of my academic progress is due my dad's efforts and influence, and most people in these dead areas won't have such help so I think outside help is needed.