Introduction

Strutter_DJ

Hi Guys,

Thought i would have a snoop around google to try and find a pretty active forum,

I was on MixPan forum for about 6 years, but that has now dried up. (not sure if any of you have heard of it)

I play and produce house/deep house.

From Birmingham, 23 years old.

:Y:

• Upvote 1

AngularJS yeah. I don't think the feeling of realtime-ness is what drives people to social networks (obviously it helps), I think its that the new/relevant content is always there, you don't have to navigate to it, other than scroll down.

Reddit has a correct format, I'm sure something similar could work for our more focused community here. Imagine you went to vip2.co.uk and all the threads were listed right there, in order of how 'hot' a topic was (I think their algorithm bases how 'hot' a topic is on how active, how recent, how many up-votes), and you could of course filter out the forums you didn't like.

Maybe throw in a bit of Amazon magic and have a 'you looked at topic A and other people that looked at topic A looked at topic B so we recommend topic B', or a bit of Facebook magic that shows you more of the type of posts you've previously looked at on your homepage.

The reason why the forum format is dying is because its not really changed since its introduction, just a few more bells and whistles. Reddit is an example of how taking a different approach to it can make it more successful.

• Upvote 1