Gamescon 2014

Gambino

Sony >>>>>

Share Play >>>>>

Even if your friend doesn't own a game you can invite them online to play the game you own with you. No more trying to persuade my boy to buy FIFA, He can just play my copy against me via the net lol.

t Sony's Gamescom press conference, PlayStation 4's firmware update 2.0 was outlined, and will be coming soon to the console.

A big feature of firmware 2.0 are options surrounding your friends, particularly finding like-minded friends. The new firmware update will also recommend friends for you. Gameplay videos, as previously promised, will also be able to be updated directly to YouTube.

However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major.

Not had a chance to watch the MS one yet, just caught the Sony one live. Some new game called Until Dawn dropping which looks lively. Some Teen Horror type flick where you control all 8 of them and basically your decisions matter on whether who manages to stay alive or not.

Sony >>>>>

Share Play >>>>>

Even if your friend doesn't own a game you can invite them online to play the game you own with you. No more trying to persuade my boy to buy FIFA, He can just play my copy against me via the net lol.

t Sony's Gamescom press conference, PlayStation 4's firmware update 2.0 was outlined, and will be coming soon to the console.

A big feature of firmware 2.0 are options surrounding your friends, particularly finding like-minded friends. The new firmware update will also recommend friends for you. Gameplay videos, as previously promised, will also be able to be updated directly to YouTube.

However, the biggest feature is SharePlay. SharePlay is a way for you and your friends to play the same game virtually, no matter where you are. If you're in front of a PS4 and your friend is, you can share the same game cooperatively or competitively, without both of you having to actually own the game. From the sound of it, this could be pretty major.

sick feature but surely this will affect sales ??

companies must be pissed

Could end up working either way probably. Set guys might never have any intention of buying a game until they play it online with their mates and decide they wanna purchase. They would be able to play FIFA games etc but they would have to cop if they want UT or Seasons.

Sony apparently turned EA down for that subscription service they are offering.

Sony >>>>>

Share Play >>>>>

companies must be pissed

Don't think it will apply to most games 'cause of this

Could end up working either way probably. Set guys might never have any intention of buying a game until they play it online with their mates and decide they wanna purchase. They would be able to play FIFA games etc but they would have to cop if they want UT or Seasons.

Sony apparently turned EA down for that subscription service they are offering.

yea they did

something about not wanting to charge there PS owners / no point as there doing that streaming service soon 

Sony >>>>>

Share Play >>>>>

companies must be pissed

Don't think it will apply to most games 'cause of this

It's funny because Far Cry just announced exclusively to PS that you get 10 Keys to give to your friends when you buy the game which will allow them to play Co-Op with you for 2 hours if they haven't bought it. But then Sony drop the announcement of Share Play which would render that pointless. Must be a catch somewhere.

Not had a chance to watch the MS one yet, just caught the Sony one live. Some new game called Until Dawn dropping which looks lively. Some Teen Horror type flick where you control all 8 of them and basically your decisions matter on whether who manages to stay alive or not.

You must be the only person I have seen mentioned Until Dawn in years. The game has been in limbo for ages. Glad it wasn't canned only because the developer is down the road with loads of ex colleagues.

Just played that silent hill teaser. Absolute sh*t me up. Never figured out what I'm supposed to do though.

was so messed up

when that demon thing came at you after walking around for 20mins in circles...sh*t myself

Trust!! Dunno what's up with me but I don't have the bottle to play these next gen horror titles. Think it's the combo of graphics and sound coming outta them Turtle Beach headsets. Outlast was fucked as well.