East London To Get An All-Asian Shopping Mall

Don Crack

the barber shop in Bristol I used to go to used to sell soft drinks and New Era(/etc) hats, probably the most extent I've ever seen the format be mixed up

thing is these are social places, black people don't really do pubs, but I wonder if anyone has tried getting a license to serve alcohol on barbershop premises

Barber shop in easton?

Black babrbershpps though.

My old barber shop in barking had a western Union money booth in side. With the owner also shotting African farms ffs. Then he extended the back and split it to run a salon with nails service.

Some oriental woman comes in sweeps the place. Then comes next to you and whispers 'dvd'.drifts around the shop and stands outside until a new customer walks in.

Empty malt bottle on the barbers table and what not

Some mad setup

see me, I reckon there'd be more to make by charging customers for drinks, than the idea of word of mouth of "sometimes they give out drinks" bringing in more customers

hmmm

im not sure it works, atleast in all the barbers i can think of

normally tiny rooms filled to the brim as it is, really u want guys in and out as quickly as poss to free up space to make the 100% profit (minus wages, overheads etc) of £10/£15 rather than risk having twats lingering around drinking the 50% mark ups of about 50p-£2, potentially scaring potential customers away (bare people walk off as it is when they see it rammo)

more as a 'sorry you've gota wait for so long' / 'we r such lads' thing when they hand out the beers imo - a value added service

still, i get that ur lot dont really have pubs, n some guys basically live in the barbers anyway

but i'd see it as bein a stingey c*nt if some1 tried charging me for a drink durin a trim

see me, I reckon there'd be more to make by charging customers for drinks, than the idea of word of mouth of "sometimes they give out drinks" bringing in more customers

hmmm

im not sure it works, atleast in all the barbers i can think of

normally tiny rooms filled to the brim as it is, really u want guys in and out as quickly as poss to free up space to make the 100% profit (minus wages, overheads etc) of £10/£15 rather than risk having twats lingering around drinking the 50% mark ups of about 50p-£2, potentially scaring potential customers away (bare people walk off as it is when they see it rammo)

more as a 'sorry you've gota wait for so long' / 'we r such lads' thing when they hand out the beers imo - a value added service

still, i get that ur lot dont really have pubs, n some guys basically live in the barbers anyway

but i'd see it as bein a stingey c*nt if some1 tried charging me for a drink durin a trim

!

It's more than that. There is an inherent lack of marketing nous in our cultures, everything is too 'rustic'.

I believe many barbershops are run down because most owners do not appreciate the value of capital expenditure and investment in a good image/brand. As long as money is coming in they do not care to differentiate their product by service offered and see whether that will enhance their takings.

But then on the other hand only so much can be done to allow uplifts in footfall and price charged given that they typically cater to low income consumers in localised markets.

Why dont they appreciate it?

Could be a number of reasons, thinking laterally:

• The owner is only interested in receiving income from the asset and does not see it worth the time, money and energy to speculatively improve
  • The owner cannot/will not free up the money to spend on improvements due to immediate commitments, for example, the 1k he/she takes every month from the barbershop goes directly to living expenses
  • It is one of a number of investments, the owner doesn't see it individually but rather collectively in the same way a slumlord landlord may perceive their buy-to-let portfolio of run-down flats
  • Simply a poor understanding of asset management

Etc.

Said to my boy before (he owns a barber shop), about introducing a loyalty scheme, or a set amount for a month of unlimited trims (knowing that on average the consumer will only come in X amount of times throughout a month anyway), a booking system.

He just looked at me like "I'm not giving away no free trims"

No vision, ray charles.

Said to my boy before (he owns a barber shop), about introducing a loyalty scheme, or a set amount for a month of unlimited trims (knowing that on average the consumer will only come in X amount of times throughout a month anyway), a booking system.

No vision, ray charles.

Said the exact same thing to a barbershop owner before, he was more receptive to it but didn't follow through.

Also talked to them about an online booking system, didn't follow through.

lol it's like these man think everyone is overjoyed spending a whole day in the shop.

No vision, ray charles.

Said the exact same thing to a barbershop owner before, he was more receptive to it but didn't follow through.

lol it's like these man think everyone is overjoyed spending a whole day in the shop.

It's because like CP said, these man have no real business acumen. They don't understand the correlation between customer service / enhancement and revenue. Unless they have a physical product, they market, sell and see results on, they're not interested. 

why are black barbershops so rundown tho...

ffs

dunno bout u man but my barbers is not 'rundown', two big flatscreens with skysports, nice leather furniture, nice shiny fixtures, a clean toilet etc

a bottle of supermalt and a shopping bag for a bin to me does not equal "rundown" but whatever

out of all the ideas on this page the only one that makes sense for both the barber and the barbee is booking system n maybe offering another service, anything else is air cause end of the day these aint some big corporations with a faceless ceo they're a barber shop where the best cutter is probably the boss working 12 hours shifts 7 days a week

he knows who his most loyal customers are and he knows the people that will stay there for 2 hours but leave looking the same or worse than they did when they first walked in

u that tight to be asking this guy for money off on a loyalty scheme or whatever? would you do that to bossman for gas and electric, for many a trim is just as essential

nah man can't be getting a trim where they use plastic bags for bins ffs

imagine pmsl.

imagine what, its not a half empty chicken boxes and shit that goes in the bin, straight hair wrappers and bottles, real food goes outside

Pmsl

If they got a uniform its official them barbers where the barbers wear jays and shit is so unprofesh/unserious :lol:

gard damn

not sure if ur serious bro

No vision, ray charles.

was think about a booking app, that would work so perfect man 

i got in a heated argument with my barber last time round cause i made an appointment showed up 10 minutes early to see another guy in the chair with 2 more people waiting

he said they walked in after we finished on the phone

i said that's why it's an appointment

he said but they walked in after we finished

yes i waited, shudve known better tbhhh