Malky Mackay

Fresh

454120455.jpg?itok=MQvmj5PX

Former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay has apologised for the text message scandal which has shocked football but insisted they were "friendly text banter".

The Scot and ex-Bluebirds sporting director Iain Moody have been reported to the Football Association and accused of being racist, sexist and homophobic after the alleged recovery of around 70,000 texts and 100,000 emails

A statement issued by the League Managers Association said: 'The LMA wish to clarify the position in relation to recent reports and speculation regarding matters alleged to have arisen during Malky Mackay’s time at Cardiff City FC.

"In the course of a search by the Club in early 2014 of 10,000 private text messages sent to and from another member of staff during Mr Mackay’s employment at Cardiff, in relation to other matters, it emerged that Malky had, it seems, sent a couple of one line texts that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures. 

"These were two text messages sent in private at a time Malky felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly text message banter.

"That said, Malky believes he could and should have conducted himself better on these two isolated occasions. The precise details need to remain private for the time being until any FA process is complete."

the LMA are fucked, banta boys

From 1:20 onwards

:rofl:

Tan>>>>

When the truth come out…this will reverse

'Laugh now cry later'

This interview is gold, he dropped them prophetic bars about Malkay and then shut man down about the Blue kit.

"No way I would change it back to blue, perhaps they can find an owner who can buy me out that likes blue. i'll go somewhere else and build a great club"

"What I would say is that Malky Mackay has made a big mistake," Redknapp said.

"I don't know the other lad (Moody) but what they have done is not right. Malky is a great lad, a family man and a real football man, he has made mistakes and people make mistakes in life.

"Suddenly everyone is an angel, he made a big mistake the lad but it shouldn't finish his life. He is a good manager and I feel bad for what he has done but I bet no one is feeling as bad as him or his family today.

"I'm not condoning what he has done but show me someone who has ever made a mistake and I will show you a liar. He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile."

With the cloud hanging over Mackay it could be difficult for the former Norwich and West Ham defender to find another managerial position any time soon.

But Redknapp wants to see him given a reprieve at some point in the future: "It is going to take time," he said.

"People get second chances in life who have committed bad crimes - he has made a mistake but we aren't going to hang him for it are we?

"Hopefully he will learn from what he has done but everyone does the tweeting and texting. I don't send text messages, but I do receive them with sick jokes. I don't read them, they make me ill.

"He is a good person underneath all that and I hope he comes back, I can't feel how he must be suffering for the big mistake he has made."

• 10 months later...

Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay and head of recruitment Iain Moody will face no action over allegations they shared racist and sexist texts.

The Football Association said it had carried out a "thorough" investigation into the language used in the messages.

It found "the communications were sent with a legitimate expectation of privacy".

The FA added in a statement: "To date, the FA's policy in cases such as this has been to not bring charges in respect of private communications sent with a legitimate expectation of privacy."

same old