VPN

Sinister

for the sake of watching US TV streams?

edit: nah I'm getting confused with proxys

why would you need a VPN? you want access to private devices (servers, printers, etc) from somewhere remote?

You're thinking too logically or almost sounds the 1st result from google response with that last line.

You had it right 1st line, early adaptors were doing it for the Netflix/Hulu but add to that the anonymity that can be had and sometimes security depending on what you're using..

A proxy is just an intermediary between you and whatever you need it for e.g. fooling Netflix.

A VPN gives full encryption, but dependent on whether they keep logs and which country jurisdiction it falls in...

/

Tor does not give anonymous surfing, you still need to use a VPN before you use tor otherwise whoever is snooping will know you're using tor.

• Upvote 1

what a coincidence...

i was just thinking about vpn.. i need one ffs

a fast, reliable steady host

i dont wanna buy a subscription either... anyone fast ones out there? free?

vpn is the future

if i could buy a 5 bag server dedicated i would

f*ck these snipers

Do you know what you are talking about?

/

Most things are encrypted nowadays, you have SSL encryption with HTTPs and you are even given the option to encrypt torrent traffic by the torrent clients 

Really dont see the benefit of having full encryption as you also have to deal with the extra overhead and the hassle of setting one up. 

• 3 weeks later...

what a coincidence...

i was just thinking about vpn.. i need one ffs

a fast, reliable steady host

i dont wanna buy a subscription either... anyone fast ones out there? free?

vpn is the future

if i could buy a 5 bag server dedicated i would

f*ck these snipers

Do you know what you are talking about?

/

Most things are encrypted nowadays, you have SSL encryption with HTTPs and you are even given the option to encrypt torrent traffic by the torrent clients

Really dont see the benefit of having full encryption as you also have to deal with the extra overhead and the hassle of setting one up.

One endpoint ain't shit anyway. You need to have multiple endpoints to be in it to at least sniff at a chance.

One thing with VPN which most people should find useful is the layer of security on public hotspots when out and about if that's you. U only have to look at heartbleed to understand the potential.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...