Ebay. Login issues?

Afroman

E-retailing giant eBay's users are reporting difficulty signing in to the site from locations in the India, the US, the UK and other parts of Europe.

Users say that they cannot sign into their accounts and are receiving incorrect password alerts.

An eBay spokesperson, Ryan Moore, told the BBC that the technical glitch was the result of scheduled server maintenance.

This is the eleventh such outage eBay has suffered this year.

Mr Moore said that the sign in issue was affecting only a small portion of users, with most remaining unaffected.

"We're working to resolve this issue quickly and will continue to keep our customers updated.

We apologize for any inconvenience to our users," he added.

eBay administrators had earlier posted that the site was to undergo planned maintenance on 4 September.

Losing income

Sellers and other users of the site took to eBay's community forums and Twitter, where users were using the hashtag #ebaydown, to express displeasure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29054972

seeen

I distinctly remember u smugly sayin how it's easy to not get accounts frozen

I told u wait

You'll see

N now here we are

Fuck the eBay PayPal monopoly

Jus set up in ur relatives n mates names

Helps to use a different ip, different address, different photos and different listings

None of its essential it's basically pot luck if ur clocked

Could be months n years n then 1 day boom ur out again

Hedge ur bets, as many accounts as poss, incentivise ur standard customer to leave positive feedback so the few d*ckheads can't ruin u

I've got everyone in a 15 mile radius barred

Not worth the stress

facts:

1) yes age of an account CAN play an important part... (u could have a 3 year old account... as soon as u list a pair of trainers or something... boom account lock off... please provide ID/PROOF/SHIPPING INFO)

to be honest the best best way is get someone who has never ever made an ebay account and use their details... i would say that is the only reliable way moving forward

/

ebay/paypal bought an intricate system software from the middle east couple years back so now its all long unless you have the right credentials to cross reference (this is if you are starting out fresh)

paypal, u cant even input boog info when signing up... LMFAO it all has to match up to the electoral roll... if you are not on the electorol roll they will ask you to send in scanned id/passport etc... can u imagine

ebay/paypal do not like dropshippers also (if this is a persons business plan) they will just shut you down wih 60bags in your account (speaking from experience so i just quit and went out on a rage with them)

Does age of new account matter?

Can it be done on same ip? But everything else different?

as i said pot luck

the algorithms may or may not eventually get u

if u were to be listing similar / the same shit, i'd recommend doin it somewhere else

i had a year of strollin down my dads house everyday n after that i was usin wifi spots at local hotels / cafes

desperate as fuck

i remember my friend made me an account in leeds

i told her send me the credentials

i kept loging in everyday on my pc

every single day ebay would block the account, and she had to call up saying it was her or she has authorised her friend to use it

blooody hell they are annoying now

Does age of new account matter?

Can it be done on same ip? But everything else different?

as i said pot luck

the algorithms may or may not eventually get u

if u were to be listing similar / the same sh*t, i'd recommend doin it somewhere else

i had a year of strollin down my dads house everyday n after that i was usin wifi spots at local hotels / cafes

desperate as f*ck

How come your account kept getting locked?

the stuff i was sellin was on the brink of copyright laws n in the past was a complete violation

then when i went fully legit it was still a related market

murky areas and ebay jus lock u off

some markets even when sellin legit shit, it;s known for fakes so they jus kill ur account

other seperate accounts get shut down jus cos it's a real real struggle to keep an account goin cos ebay customers are absolute pricks n ebay holds u to a mad standard with the 5 star ratings things, ie need 4 out of 5 stars atleast on 5 categories like postage, quality, description etc

then u sell bare cheap shit to america, oz, south america, japan and things take tiiiiime to get to the other side of the world magnififed by the fact ur usin a cheap postal service (expensive services would be more than the cost of the items etc) 

so they mark u down on postage time or woteva n ebay does a review of ur account 1 month n ur done

plus i was too stubborn to let certain customers jus completely rob u

the amount of shit that 'goes missing' in the post via ebay sales as opposed to website sales is hilarious

u need to be overly professional / suck up and overly get took the complete piss out of u by trampy asian blokes in derby

FUCK EBAY

gettin mad thinkin bout it now

• Upvote 3

it normally works as a percentage of ur feedback

some small percentage if i remember right

thinkin about it i never once got caught out for copyright violation, no customers ever realised, it was always jus assumed by ebay with absolutely no way of appealing it, thats why it was so frustrating

i have about 40 grey hairs that i put down completely to ebay stress

• Upvote 1

thats another thing

ebay and paypal appeals process oh my dayss

they literally do not care about small fish no matter how many times u call and send in emails

you can only imagine how severely angry i was, no sleepless nights, seeing £60,000 in my paypal account...

ON A LIMITATION