1 Beheading, Another Stabbed in the neck

Bruno Di Gradi

2 seperate incidents

Walthamstow murder: Mother was 'covered in blood and clutching her neck' after attack in front of daughter

leighannduffy0309a.jpg
Victim: Leighann Duffy is fighting for life in hospital

Published: 04 September 2014

Updated: 11:55, 04 September 2014

The neighbour of a young woman who was stabbed in front of her six-year-old daughter told today of his desperate attempt to save her life.

Leighann Duffy, 26, died in hospital yesterday, two days after being knifed at her home. Her daughter suffered minor injuries.

Neighbours told how a man fled the housing block in Hatherley Road, Walthamstow, covered in blood after the incident at about 3pm on Monday.

A 50-year-old man said he was at home with his two children when “I heard a little bang on the door then a hard knock on the letterbox. I opened the door, she collapsed. She didn’t say anything. She was covered in blood and clutching her neck, breathing but unconscious.

“I grabbed a towel and pressed it against her neck while my daughter called an ambulance. She was in my arms until the ambulance arrived. They gave her blood. I thought she was going to pull through and I’m very sad to hear she has gone. My son went to find her little girl. She didn’t know what was going on. She is a lovely little talkative girl.”

He said police had been called to the flat often due to noise and disturbance: “There was always something going on.” A police spokesman said previous visits were not linked to the murder.

A teenage boy said he saw a man running away: “We heard screaming ... he came running down the stairs. He was wearing a black hoodie. He was a black male.” Ring police with information on 020 8345 3985.

Edmonton beheading: Woman found dead in north London garden by police

edmonton-v2.jpg

Police were called to the scene in north London shortly after 1pm

Thursday 04 September 2014

A woman has been beheaded in a back garden in Edmonton, London.

On arrival police discovered the woman, who died on the scene, collapsed in a garden area off Nightingale Road, in north London.

Police have arrested a 25-year-old man on suspicion of murder after they were called to the address in Nightingale Road at 13.07pm today on reports of a man armed with a knife.

In a statement police said a taser was used during the arrest, with a firearms police officer believed to have sustained a broken wrist.

DCI John Sandlin, leading this investigation, said: "This is was a highly visible attack in broad daylight on a residential street. I can understand why this may cause people concern, however we are confident that we are not looking for anyone else at this stage.

"Whilst it is too early to speculate on what the motive behind this attack was I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related."

What kinda wreck behaviour is this?

what about the beheading? doesn't seem stereotypically black, though it does seem a bit popular with these SBTV types these days

i didnt even read the article so i dont know if he done the stabbing or beheading.i just knew big headline crime + london= black male  8 times out of 10  as bad as i feel about saying it.

• Downvote 1

'People don’t feel safe round here anymore' - neighbours horrified by street fight death in Green Street, Enfield

First published Thursday 4 September 2014 in Newsby Bruce Thain

People living near where a man died in a street brawl say they no longer feel safe where they live.

Police were called to reports of a fight in Green Street, at the junction of Westmoor Road, Enfield at 1.38am this morning.

Staff from the London Ambulance service who attended incident found a man with severe head injuries and he was pronounced dead at the scene at 2.13am.

Throughout the morning and into the afternoon police closed the road off to traffic and pedestrians as they investigate the death.

An investigation tent has also been put up on the spot where the 51-year-old man died.

People living in the street and the surrounding area were gathered on the edge of Durants Park next to the scene.

One woman, who lives in Green Street, but wished not to be named, said: “Obviously it is horrible thing to happen down your road.

“There are always police issues down here, but usually to do with traffic, never a death or murder.

“The fact is a lot of people don’t feel safe round here any more. You used to be able to go out after dark and feel safe, but now I won’t leave my home after 8pm.”

Another neighbour who also did not want to be named said: “Over the last few year things have got worse round here.

“We don’t ever see police patrolling the streets and I fear for my children’s safety.”

Other people told the Enfield Independent there have been problems of anti-social behaviour in the area for some time.

Officers from Enfield and the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating the incident and say they are awaiting for formal identification of the victim.

A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Police are calling for anyone with any information to get in contact.

enfield is spooky

im scared to step foot there as well as tot an ham

tottenham is ok, my childhood was spent a lot around there

saying that though a couple weeks back my familys neighbour got stabbed outside the front gate smh. Neighbour is a big man as well and these was youngsters, stabbed him right in the chest.