Does the london urban culture....

Guest eights

Guest eights

have any influence at all in any other countries in terms to talk, fashion etc??

obviously started from the drake ting

now the obvious answer would be no

but i see valid points posted by some of our artists on twitta

Some spin off from the drake insta..

/

British culture i guess predominantly london culture has an influence across the globe. 

Our urban culture are small fragments from african, west indian and american culture. So i would find it hard to accept that we have an influence on  other countries

Nah london ain't setting shit just following the yanks like it always has, everyones either trying to look like some tyler the creator groupie, chris brown/tyga clone or all out yeezy rebore.

Europe is setting things in the world of fashion as it always has...Which is who the americans are following they want that fitted look now

got the hipsters putting down the Japanese shit and grabbing high end designers like Givenchy and Rick Owens etc.

The whole 'hipster' look is the norm now for most youths in London also it seems kids today can be a lot more adventurous with out standing out

It's funny cos this style is about 8years old but just a lot easier to obtain now thanks to brands like diamond and supply 10 deep hundreds crooks etc cashing in and selling out and are now stocked in places like size for anyone to grab.

c/s Lionel regarding London culture

but hopefully it will come back with future generations.

He's chatting shit tho

Fashion wise in the western world you can only wear what's on the market and what the shops sell they sell world wide

Let us not forget 10 years ago you were all wearing akademiks etc... At the height of Grimes popularity were new era fitted caps and akademiks with Af1s

Fashion wise ain't shit changed

Music wise, swear someone posted something in the PIC thread not too long ahgondsayimg for the first time ever there's more Londoners in the us chart then any other city

/

Lionel is just a hipster that grew out of it and is now pissed at the new younger wave on some ahhh man I remember when I was the only white guy at a grime rave now its full of them this shit ain't cool no more flex

sorry to break it to some of you but london urban culture is dead and has been for quite some time

london (in general) will always be ahead of the curve in terms of fashion and music etc, but urban culture was cut out of that a while back

if you for instance take the 90s and very early 00s as an example, and then set that era against the current 'urban culture', well, it says it all really doesn't it

The 'Hardcore Continuum' - Jungle, Drum n Bass, UK Garage, Grime

Underground Music Culture - Pirate Radio, Raves, Tapepacks, Carnival, Soundsystem Culture

Fashion - matching pattern Moschino outfits, Versace, Iceberg, D&G, (even Hackett & Burberry before the 'chavs' got hold of it), TNs, Tailwinds, Reebok Workouts, PLAIN GAP CAPS!!!! - no one ever rocked these brands the way we did in the 90s

Car Culture - when we all got our first cars people were upping the system, fitting new exhausts, gotta have these alloys etc

Ped Culture - even if it did encourge kids to tuck their tracky bs into their socks lol

Slang - of Carribean descent obviously but mixed up with Cockney and some even say Greek & Indian influence (but i don't know i've never studied it that hard)

now what you got?

Road Rap?

Deep House?

what else?

there is no culture

now if i see a kid wearing reebok workouts he's a f*ckin hipster with a supreme cap on to match

i blame young black londoners for selling out their culture

i blame Tinchy Stryder

i blame Chipmunk, and Wiley, and Dizzee, Roll Deep

i blame all those f*ckers for thinking it was ok to jump on some EURO f*cking TRASH just to make a couple quid

cos that was the first time i ever saw a young black londoners sell out their own culture like that

and what you got left after Oopsie Daisy and them sh*t tunes?

black people in london ain't cool no more

you ain't got white people trying to be you no more, talk like you, dress like you

how does a black 'sub culture' yute in london dress these days?

black beanie, one of the them shiny not so puffy puffas, some AF1s, a handbag and them jeans with too many pockets in em?

f*ck out of ere

on the other side, pull a headphone off one of them highstreet mohawks cunts on the train and he's probably bumpin Calvin Harris

i remember when black people used to be ahead of the curve when it came to this sh*t

but now hipsters took that sh*t

hipsters who write blogs, and if you read their blog on houston chop n screw or whatever their pouring their f*ckin hearts out over you'd probably be surprised to find out they're actually some bummy art student from oxfordshire livin in a bedsit in peckham, studying at goldsmiths

R.I.P. 'cool' in general imo

you had a 50 year run, but now we're just left with a bunch or cunts

amen

disclaimer: this post is f*ckin flabby but i think i just spat some real sh*t, pos me if you agree

Good post.

The overarching conclusion to draw from it is that black people are more concerned with daps, praise and hugs (because of their crap parents never giving them any) than working hard enough to sustain something.

Shout out to the grime heads who keep pushing grime and only grime. 

• Downvote 1

Drake making references to the UK is nothing new he has been doing it for years.

He shouted out Van Nistelrooy and Man Utd in one of his songs, also mentioned Craig David, Artful Dodger & Shola Ama..

He also talks about playing fifa.. 

Canada is a place that is highly influenced by British and American culture 

I'm sorry but what alternative do the kids of today have other than to latch onto to a US Culture that continues to go from strength to strength. We haven't evolved we've just aged and distorted.

Grime - Should have taken urban music in the UK to a point where it had a big enough market to HAVE to be acknowledged. Instead it was whos actually real and who's fake. Now we have the same guys still clashing each other, and recording "war dubs"

F*cking pitiful.