Wayne Rooney

Mame Biram Diouf

He's had a great career but what a self indulged c*nt of a man.

Can't stop messing with filth even when his wife is pregnant and can't stay of the booze for the benefit of extending his performance at the top level.

Fuck the records, will never have the affinity of the fans the way he bent the club and senile Fergie over the barrel.

There will be a sense of nostalgia when he fucks off but the way the media made this dude untouchable was sickening, will be glad to see the back of him tbh.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Wayne Rooney was arrested on public intoxication and swearing charges in the US before Christmas.

The former Manchester United player, who now plays for US team DC United, was charged on 16 December.

According to Virginia court records, Rooney was fined £25 and had to pay £91 costs.

Rooney, who is 15 months into a drink-driving ban in the UK, was released without bail in the US.

A spokesman for Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said: "He was booked into the Loudoun County Adult Detention Centre on 16 December 2018, on a charge of public intoxication stemming from an arrest by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police (MWAA).

"He was later released on a personal recognisance bond."

In 2018, the former England captain began a three-and-a-half year contract with MLS team DC United.

Rooney is being paid something in the region of £46m for his multi-year deal, making him one of the highest-paid players in the league's history.

In September 2017, the footballer was arrested by Cheshire police after being caught driving over the drink-drive limit.

He was been banned from driving for two years and ordered to perform 100 hours of unpaid work.

He was nearly three times over the limit when he was pulled over by police at 2.10am on 1 September 2017.

After he was banned from driving in the UK, he tweeted an apology to his family and fans.

He said: "Following today's court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgement in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong.

"I have already said sorry to my family, my manager and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.

"Of course I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service."

skynews-wayne-rooney-charge_4539241.jpg?