Yorke and Cole

Mame Biram Diouf

Just been spending the last hour or so on Youtube reminiscing

I cant see us ever having a striker partnership like this again

Almost seemed telepathic at times

Wish they had more time together

Two strikers willing to pass to each other, support each other and let the other one get on the score sheet

• Upvote 1

People talk about the goal at the nou camp, fair enough it was on a huge stage. But they often did that same or similar routines. They scored at least one other time that season doing it. More often it didn't en in a goal.

The Barca defence that game was a mess.

To think people were disappointed with the Yorke signing at the time and Cole started the season as 4th choice striker.

The whole season was a perfect storm sort of thing. Everything was right.

I was one of those who were pissed at the money spent on Yorke and even more angered when he was partnered by sheringham and then solskjaer

But was happy when Cole came back into the side and started banging

They had sick link up but I don't believe 1 bit that they never worked on it

Remember cole scoring a few overhead kicks and attempting them and Yorke started to follow was clear they had been practicsing

Course they did.

Cole always seemed like the odd one out at United, when Yorke came in it helped him find his smile, Yorke's personality seemed to take the edge off Cole he seemed happier and easier within himself.

When people are that close off the pitch it's gonna show on it. Cole be and a much more all round forward, personally I think

It was because he never saw Yorke as a threat he saw him as someone who "if I create chances and goals for him, it'll be good for both of us" whereas with Ole and Sheringham it was, "if they score more than I do, I'll be out of the team"

Yorke's influence was huge on him as it was on everybody else.

The two of the most underrated players in premiership history. Cole is remembered for Hoddle's comments but check his scoring record and you'll wonder if what Hoddle was saying was true how much better than Shearer was he. Considering he didn't take penalties or free kicks.

Would only take Ruud over either of them.

Trust Cole was the most underated had a good partnership with cantona/yorkey/sherimgham/and even briefly ruud

Even tho the latter were all bought to replace him

If he was around now he'd be a £50m striker

• Upvote 2

I was one of those who were pissed at the money spent on Yorke and even more angered when he was partnered by sheringham and then solskjaer

But was happy when Cole came back into the side and started banging

They had sick link up but I don't believe 1 bit that they never worked on it

Remember cole scoring a few overhead kicks and attempting them and Yorke started to follow was clear they had been practicsing

Ferguson says in his book that they practised EVERYTHING together. Finishing, dummies, runs etc

If cole was an uncle tom like ferdinand/wright hed be fighting with shearer

• Upvote 2

Sick partnership!

United were truly scary these times.

Out of all the 90's English Cfs(Fowler, Collymore Shearer, Le Tissier, Wright,Ferdinand) where would people rank Cole?

In terms of a goalscorer or a footballer?

Everything.

as a goalscorer the stats are there for everyone to see

As a footballer

Fowler

Collymore

Shearer(post 2 knee injuries otherwise he would of led this list)

Cole

Wright

Ferdinand

Pisses me off that he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Pisses me off more that we all know why too. A player who was a great goalscorer and a scorer of great goals. Had every type of finish in his locker. Won all there was to win in the club game too.

What I often think about though is what would've happened if Fergie had got Collymore instead of Cole. People talk about Gazza and the change that would've had for him. Collymore could've been a very very serious player in the right circumstances.

Sick partnership!

United were truly scary these times.

Out of all the 90's English Cfs(Fowler, Collymore Shearer, Le Tissier, Wright,Ferdinand) where would people rank Cole?

In terms of a goalscorer or a footballer?

Everything.

as a goalscorer the stats are there for everyone to see

As a footballer

Fowler

Collymore

Shearer(post 2 knee injuries otherwise he would of led this list)

Cole

Wright

Ferdinand

sturridge to dead all dese man by the end of the season

right?

Pisses me off that he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Pisses me off more that we all know why too. A player who was a great goalscorer and a scorer of great goals. Had every type of finish in his locker. Won all there was to win in the club game too.

What I often think about though is what would've happened if Fergie had got Collymore instead of Cole. People talk about Gazza and the change that would've had for him. Collymore could've been a very very serious player in the right circumstances.

A lot of people believe Collymore was the most naturally talented striker of that generation.

• Upvote 2