Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Young Bape

Your top 5 GOAT hip hop artists

47 posts in this topic

Criteria being discography, impact, creativity, versatility, success, longevity, hits, consistancy and quality of music overall

1. Eminem

2. Z-Ro

3. DMX

4. B.o.B

5. 50 Cent

Using your own criteria how does BoB touch your list?

shout out brad jordan,david styles and albert johnson

true goats

Using your own criteria how does BoB touch your list?

No Genre, Underground Luxery and No Genre 2 were amazing albums to me. As far as creativity and versatility he rap's, sings, produces and even plays instruments. So he is the complete all round artist. He's sold Gold which is good in this era pretty much the equivalent to platinum atleast in this day and age. And just the list being based on overall artistry i think he fit's perfectly

much as i love nas and ghostface i could never listen to them for more than a couple hours

max b

styles p

giggs

all dayers

neg neg

pac

kanye

jay

donno bout the 5th

People like Jay Z, Nas, Prodigy, Reakwon, Lil Wayne, Jeezy, Pac, Luda etc that are being mentioned are spitters they don't do anything else besides spit bars. This thread was based on who is the best 'overall artists' so rappers who can do the whole artistic thing like singing/rappin, come up with melodies, maybe produce too, may be able to play an instrument etc. Do their own hooks on most their songs rather than get an rnb singer to feature and do the hook for them. More so about song writing and creativity/versatility than who is the top 5 best 'spitters'

bruh why is BOB ur goat

Do you understand the meaning of goat

fuck the original criteria btw

fuck all to do with fuck all

whats peoples top 5 uk spitters of di barghzz

Don't think we're going back far enough here. Giving 5 is hard. So I'm going to put 4 of my faves in. In no order:

NWA. Those guys just didn't give a fuck man. I can still put Straight Outta Compton on and not skip and single track. "It's not about the salary / it's all about reality"

KRS 1. The guy is a fucking heavyweight. Came out of the woodwork a few years back to teach the purveyors of this new trash pop hip hop a few lessons when he mauled Nelly over a potential send.

Mos DEF. Deep content and his albums have real context to the period that they were dropped in. Have a listen to The Ecstatic

Cypress Hill. A group of ganj smokers. Never pretended to be anything else. Easy, head bopping funky vibes finished with nice flows. That classic early 90s west coast sound that got captured so well in GTA San Andreas

Dont know how Jeezy or Luda can make a list of GOAT rappers

Favourites of course, anyone can

But GOAT rappers?

/

Nas

Scarface

Pac

Biggie

Prodigy/Cormega/Az

Favourites of course, anyone can

But GOAT rappers?

/

Nas

Scarface

Pac

Biggie

Prodigy/Cormega/Az

GOAT artists fam not just rappers. I think a top 5 GOAT rappers list as far as just pure rapping list should

be different to a top 5 GOAT artists list. That is why i explained the criteria in the first post

KRS 1 Came out of the woodwork a few years back to teach the purveyors of this new trash pop hip hop a few lessons when he mauled Nelly over a potential send.

No he didn't.

lmfosod 

If you don't recognise Luda you don't know rap.