Black Award Shows

PopT

I just came across an article about The First Black British Business Award Show run by Richard Branson, underneath I read a various Facebook comments question ‘Why do Black people have separate Award Shows?’

I am just curious by having things such as MOBOs, Black British Business Award Shows; do we not just isolate ourselves even more?

Same reason why anything is categorised.

People interested in a category can know who the best is in that category.

It's a good way to recognise people who may not win overall but win their category.

IE young player of the year awards. Might not be best player, but the winner of that will still be recognised.

• Upvote 1

Same reason why anything is categorised.

People interested in a category can know who the best is in that category.

It's a good way to recognise people who may not win overall but win their category.

IE young player of the year awards. Might not be best player, but the winner of that will still be recognised.

• Upvote 1

It's not segregation, it's a celebration of black business and a celebration of black music.

Are You saying specific achievements by black people shouldn't be celebrated?

Should we abandon chinese new year too?

The chinese can celebrate Chinese New Year.

But why can not black entrepreneurs compete with the rest (White & Asian) why does it need its own award show.

Why do we exclude ourself,

Is it me but to win a Black British Business Award would seem abit patronising

• Upvote 2

Agreed.

Can't win the competition so you start your own league.

Basically the Paralympics of business but in the most part we disable ourselves, and can recover from our own self-imposed setbacks if we try hard enough.

But stuff like this is also necessary tbh, gives people a different perspective of success. Until we sort ourselves out we need this.

Thats because the people that own the grammys are white/jewish and know nothing about today's music culture.

Question is why did all those rappers under macklemore sign a deal under a white/jewish owned record label?

Pmsl

They know more about music culture and in particular to black people than most of us

Thats because the people that own the grammys are white/jewish and know nothing about today's music culture.

Question is why did all those rappers under macklemore sign a deal under a white/jewish owned record label?

Pmsl

They know more about music culture and in particular to black people than most of us

They are shrewd business men so they know what sells and what's hot but they couldn't go to a minority community and earth a talent straight from the ghetto. They have to wait until they have reached some minor level of commercial success and then coax them with gold chains and soulless fame to sign them into bondage. 

• Upvote 2

I just came across an article about The First Black British Business Award Show run by Richard Branson, underneath I read a various Facebook comments question ‘Why do Black people have separate Award Shows?’

I am just curious by having things such as MOBOs, Black British Business Award Shows; do we not just isolate ourselves even more?

Because most of the awards shows are by default already geared towards a white,90% male POV. Nothing wrong with celebrating black business success especially if it's been voted on by your peers.

It's the same questions smart/dumb d*ckheads ask when they say why isn't their a White Entertainment Television channel or Music Of White Origins awards.  They probably think they're being really deep and provocative, but it's obvious to even the dumbest fool why it's still needed. 

Even though imo both BET and the MOBOs have been watered down from their original aims over the years. BET especially does nothing but pump televisual poison into black homes now.

because were the minority everywhere except africa/carribean.

And the jews can say the same (change africa/caribbean for Israel)

yeah and?

Jews don't have to segregate their achievements because their achievements are world achievements. Black people hate each other so much they can't even realise they already have world achievements NBA/Grammys but who owns these White/jewish.

Stop signing contracts for people (mainly jews/whites) that don't know nothing of the culture created and maintained by blacks/black culture.

You want to talk about elevating black businesses then shouldnt the focus be on black cultures most lucrative institution currently owned by whites and jews?