di twork

Guest eights

Twerking nine to five: Ex-teaching assistant now earning six-figure income shaking her bottom on Vine
  • Jessica Vanessa works as a professional twerker
  • She found fame after posting Vine videos of herself gyrating 
  • Advertisers are willing to pay her thousands of dollars to feature in a video
  • Despite her fame Jessica has received cruel jibes from Internet trolls 

By Martha Cliff for MailOnline

Published: 07:42, 10 October 2014 | Updated: 13:50, 10 October 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
7.6k shares

View comments

One young woman is giving Miley Cyrus a run for her money as she has found the singer's iconic dance moves to be somewhat lucrative.

Jessica Vanessa works as a professional twerker and claims to be earning a six-figure income by shaking her bottom.

The 22-year-old social media star captivates audiences from around the world with her hypnotic gyrating.

Scroll down for video 

1412865050718_wps_5_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ONL

+11

Jessica Vanessa earns a six-figure income by recording videos of herself twerking for social media site Vine

Formerly working as a teaching assistant Jessica, from Florida, quit her job after advertisers discovered her dance moves through her Vine videos.

The large companies had noticed the attention that Jessica's assets were drawing in and offered to pay her large amounts of money in exchange for her mentioning their products to her two million strong following.

For Jessica quitting her role as a teacher was a no-brainer when she did the maths and realised that she could earning more twerking than she could ever have dreamed of working in a school. 

She said: 'What I make in six seconds would take me  four months to make as a teaching assistant.

1412865432219_wps_6_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ONL

+11

Jessica has over two million Vine followers so advertisers are willing to pay her thousands of pounds to mention their products during her twerking films

1412865705130_Image_galleryImage__EXCLUS

+11
1412865692320_wps_11_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

Jessica quit her job as a teaching assistant in order to pursue her twerking career

'It's definitely a blessing. I bought a new car, paid it off in full and I was able to get out of debt from the school that I graduated from.'

Jessica says that she has her loyal fans to thank for her sudden turn of fortune. 

'It's quite simple really, the more followers you get, the more advertisers want to pay you for mentioning their products - and I've got lots.'

Jessica describes herself as a normal girl from Florida before her first viral Vine put her on the road to social media fame.

1412865769390_wps_12_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

Jessica now earns in six seconds what she would have earned in four months of working in a school

1412865830755_Image_galleryImage__EXCLUS

+11
1412865832942_wps_16_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

Jessica says that she is fortunate enough to have had lots of support from her family 

She mixes comedy sketches with twerking videos to keep her legions of fans entertained - and it was when she saw the popularity of her short videos growing that she finally decided to give up her previous occupation. 

'Quitting my job was definitely a risk because I knew once I quit there was no turning back. Either I make money doing these videos or I'm going to be broke and jobless.'

Although Jessica appears to be brimming with confidence now the 22-year-old admits that she was once quite shy and hated dancing in front of others.  

'When I was younger I was very shy and I didn't like dancing in front of anybody.

1412865919469_wps_17_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

The 22-year-old says that she wasn't always this confident and was very reluctant to dance in front of others as a child

'Then I kind of fell in with a different crowd and got more confident. By the time I hit high school I was definitely a party girl.'

Jessica appears to be living a dream life however she admits that she has found some aspects of her fame difficult to cope with. 

'I do get plenty of rude and mean comments. I've even had two breakdowns over them - where I have literally locked myself in my room and considered taking down all of my social media accounts.

1412866000324_wps_18_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

She says that some aspects of her new found fame have been very difficult to deal with, including strangers criticising her looks and calling her both 'fat' and 'ugly'

'I'm not a celebrity but I do get a taste of what they have to go through - I have strangers calling me a whore, people calling me fat, people calling me ugly, people saying just about any mean thing you could say.'

Jessica says that the nature of her dancing attracts a lot of misconceptions and causes people to make assumptions about her. 

'People like to define you as a whore for twerking but it's just a type of dance, that's it, if people were open-minded they would understand that.'

But Jessica has found strength from the support of her family who have overcome their own prejudices about twerking.

'They're very open-minded people - they don't look at it in any type of sexual way, they don't look at it as degrading, they're very supporting.

1412866072422_wps_19_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

Jessica says that the cruel comments she has received have caused her to have two 'breakdowns' where she considered deleting all of her social media accounts

'I would have no problem showing my grandmother my twerking videos - she is wild and crazy and would probably want to join in with me.'

Jessica's dad Rafael De Leon, 46, has struggled with her career choice in the past but now supports Jessica wholeheartedly.

Rafael, who works as pawn broker, said that it was hard to accept her profession at first as it was difficult to get used to the fact that she had grown up. 

1412866310398_wps_20_EXCLUSIVE_STRICT_ON

+11

Jessica says that twerking is just another form of dancing and that she wants people to be more open-minded about it

'As a parent I still see her as my little girl, I don't see her as an adult. She could be forty years old and she'll still be my baby.

'It just keeps expanding more and more, no matter what she does I'll just keep supporting her 100 per cent - I love everything she does.'

Jessica added that she feels as though she is finally doing what she was born to do.

'As a little girl I always wanted to be somebody big, I always wanted to entertain people, I would sing, I would dance, I would do whatever it took and if I got a laugh out of people I knew I was doing something right.

'I always enjoyed doing random crazy stuff so when I got a day job it was not something I enjoyed doing. Now I look at Vine as an outlet to many different opportunities which I enjoy doing now.' 

this is amazing

i hope di twerk team are making p too

/

once again WMSW

• Downvote 2

I dunno Da Luv Doc so not caping for him or anybody but i swear some people act so negative and hate on others for no reason. Treat people with respect and u will get it back. I don't agree with his aliens/religion theory but i'm not gonna attack him for his views

Di ey lee an