ASMR. (Autonomous sensory meridian response)

Barney Stinson

Right this is probably going to end up being a weird fucking thread.

As a kid I would be randomly doing something and my brain would tingle, well not tingle the feeling is indescribable and ranges from minor to pretty intense, but everytime it would happen I would be unable to explain it, and when I tried to explain the sensation everyone would think I was cray.

As an adult it rarely happens until recently I started playing... fucking Minecraft. I would be doing some normal task and my head would go mad, like fucking spider sense is tingling on some shit, actually thats probably the best way to describe the feeling.

Anyway having something bait to link it with made it easier to google today and it turns out its some sort of unexplained phenomenom, which after experiencing for a lifetime I can finally put a name too...

Autonomous sensory meridian response

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

There's like whole communities dedicated to it, but most people dont even know how to describe the sensation

In fact some of these kinky fuckers seek it out, theres like guidelines on how to stimulate it and that

http://www.asmrlab.com/common-asmr-triggers/

Anyone else on here find the above pretty familiar? 

• Upvote 2

Did you ever like stand up and sort of pass out after getting it?

Went for so many tests when I was going through puberty.

Happened once when I was on road and I banged my head on a wall luckily my mate caught me.

Another time I had a really hot bath got out was standing at the sink and it happened. I came to with the shower door frame in my hand blood everywhere. Was fucked.

Used to rinse it at school they even brought a recliner in for me to kick back on.

I think, think I know what you're talking about.

Sometimes I get the sensation whilst sat in a room alone in the dark praying in my head or something.

Like a soft buzzing, floating sensation.

/

Who gets that thing where when they're lying down in the bed and near sleepiness they hear multitudes of people whispering in their ear?

Who gets that thing where when they're lying down in the bed and near sleepiness they hear multitudes of people whispering in their ear?

what they saying?

Right this is probably going to end up being a weird f*cking thread.

As a kid I would be randomly doing something and my brain would tingle, well not tingle the feeling is indescribable and ranges from minor to pretty intense, but everytime it would happen I would be unable to explain it, and when I tried to explain the sensation everyone would think I was cray.

As an adult it rarely happens until recently I started playing... f*cking Minecraft. I would be doing some normal task and my head would go mad, like f*cking spider sense is tingling on some sh*t, actually thats probably the best way to describe the feeling.

Anyway having something bait to link it with made it easier to google today and it turns out its some sort of unexplained phenomenom, which after experiencing for a lifetime I can finally put a name too...

There's like whole communities dedicated to it, but most people dont even know how to describe the sensation

In fact some of these kinky f*ckers seek it out, theres like guidelines on how to stimulate it and that

I get three (I think) distinct ones. One of them feels like a chemical release in my brain - warm tingle in concentric kinda waves. Another one feels like a yawn inside my face (that won't make sense) and there's another that I'd label the 'deja-vu sensation'. As soon as I feel it, I remember it instantly and remember that it's been a constant experiential phenomena for me since childhood.

This is a mad thread, props.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisson

I definitely get that, fairly regularly tbh. Good soul singers, nice chord progressions and cool melodies trigger it.

Also, with the face-yawn sensation (I can't use words to describe this shit, this is the first time I've encountered anyone else discussing it) I can 'taste' the sensation. It's fucked.

This shit reminds me of being a kid and wondering what the floaters in my eye were. Got that answer early, never managed to put this stuff into words.

Did you ever like stand up and sort of pass out after getting it?

Went for so many tests when I was going through puberty.

Happened once when I was on road and I banged my head on a wall luckily my mate caught me.

Another time I had a really hot bath got out was standing at the sink and it happened. I came to with the shower door frame in my hand blood everywhere. Was f*cked.

Used to rinse it at school they even brought a recliner in for me to kick back on.

That just sounds like u were fainting.

• Downvote 1

Right this is probably going to end up being a weird f*cking thread.

As an adult it rarely happens until recently I started playing... f*cking Minecraft. I would be doing some normal task and my head would go mad, like f*cking spider sense is tingling on some sh*t, actually thats probably the best way to describe the feeling.

In fact some of these kinky f*ckers seek it out, theres like guidelines on how to stimulate it and that

I get three (I think) distinct ones. One of them feels like a chemical release in my brain - warm tingle in concentric kinda waves. Another one feels like a yawn inside my face (that won't make sense) and there's another that I'd label the 'deja-vu sensation'. As soon as I feel it, I remember it instantly and remember that it's been a constant experiential phenomena for me since childhood.

This is a mad thread, props.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisson

I definitely get that, fairly regularly tbh. Good soul singers, nice chord progressions and cool melodies trigger it.

Also, with the face-yawn sensation (I can't use words to describe this sh*t, this is the first time I've encountered anyone else discussing it) I can 'taste' the sensation. It's f*cked.

This sh*t reminds me of being a kid and wondering what the floaters in my eye were. Got that answer early, never managed to put this stuff into words.

oh well of course u would have it pmsl.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i dont get this

but i once had this feeling like there was a storm in my head when i was lying in bed

googled 'storm in my brain'

apparently it was some sort of fit

only ever experienced it once though

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: